As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to
Wal-Mart! Nice children you have there. Are they twins?'

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't
twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you
think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'

So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe
someone slept with you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at
Wal-Mart.'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

About two hours into my first day on
the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store
with her two kids, Yelling obscenities at them all the way through the
entrance.

Yeah? So what? Have you ever been in a Wal-Mart before? Did you expect any different?

P.S. if you have a good driving record and a working car I'd highly recommend pizza delivery. I used to work with lots of retirees when I did the same thing and its a pretty low stress job. You just put the pizza in the car and take it to the people and bring back the money, and in my experience most managers didn't mind if you were rude to the customers so long as it wasn't a habit and you had a good reason. Plus most managers I worked for were all to happy to make the younger drivers do side work at the store way before they made the older drivers.

Last edited:
About two hours into my first day on
the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store
with her two kids, Yelling obscenities at them all the way through the
entrance.

Yeah? So what? Have you ever been in a Wal-Mart before? Did you expect any different?

P.S. if you have a good driving record and a working car I'd highly recommend pizza delivery. I used to work with lots of retirees when I did the same thing and its a pretty low stress job. You just put the pizza in the car and take it to the people and bring back the money, and in my experience most managers didn't mind if you were rude to the customers so long as it wasn't a habit and you had a good reason. Plus most managers I worked for were all to happy to make the younger drivers do side work at the store way before they made the older drivers.

Been studying I see.

How to Have No Sense of Humor - wikiHow

I had a similar incident. My first job ever was that of a stock boy at a small town locally owned drug store. The first day on the job I had a cart of stuff to put on the shelves and as I worked a lady of about 30 something approached me and asked where the tampax were. I thought she had said thumb tacks. I asked her if she wanted the kind you pushed in or drove in with a hammer. She immediately took on the wet hen attitude and went straight to the manager. My first job lasted just about an hour. I didn't even get to take a break! When I called home to have my father come pick me up, he hadn't even gotten home yet. When he did arrive I told him the story as he drove me home and he couldn't stop laughing...

I had a similar incident. My first job ever was that of a stock boy at a small town locally owned drug store. The first day on the job I had a cart of stuff to put on the shelves and as I worked a lady of about 30 something approached me and asked where the tampax were. I thought she had said thumb tacks. I asked her if she wanted the kind you pushed in or drove in with a hammer. She immediately took on the wet hen attitude and went straight to the manager. My first job lasted just about an hour. I didn't even get to take a break! When I called home to have my father come pick me up, he hadn't even gotten home yet. When he did arrive I told him the story as he drove me home and he couldn't stop laughing...

:rofl: :rofl:

My first job was raking someone's yard.

I took all of my earnings (a few dollars) walked downtown and used it all to purchase Atomic fireballs.

I sucked so many balls, that I couldn't taste suppah!

New Topics

Forum List

Back