My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

There are certain types of weapons ( or look alikes) the average person doesnt really need. ( except in Alaska) Thats just my FUCKING opinion.
People shown to be unstable or threatening should never have them. PERIOD!!

How will this end? We'll hunker down and hope it never happens again.

There are bunch of things that I know for a certain fact people don't need. Even food many people could have a whole bunch less of.

Yet, because this country was founded on freedom my opinion matters jackshit.

If you want to live in some authoritarian hell-hole, you are free to leave. It seems like the traffic is a one way street from there to here though, I wonder why that is...

Get a grip. I dont want to live in some authoritarian hell hole. Yes its a one way street here, people know they can get away with anything.

Arming teachers just isnt a smart idea. Locks inside doors and things of that nature are. Some of the changes you all want could be an authoritarian disaster too.
People who have proven they cant be responsible behind the wheel cant get a drivers licence. Deluded, potentially dangerous people shouldnt be able to buy powerful weapons.

WHY is arming teachers not a smart idea? You don't honestly think we're going to just accept your blank assertion at face value, do you? And why is scurrying from fortress to fortress in terror a smarter idea than simply defending ourselves? WHICH changes we want would be an authoritarian disaster? Why?

Who in the hell is suggesting that dangerous people SHOULD be able to buy powerful weapons? You're making all these arguments against positions no one's taking.

Im not suggesting anything, Im saying people ignore who is buying these. No kid needs this kind of weaponry and no Im not at all against guns, Ive been around responsible hunters all my life.
Still, no way Id allow that in my house and Id be concerned why my son even wanted one.
I see the suggestion of teachers being armed, decreasing windows in schools as potentially authoritarian. Some think its taking control, its not.

*sigh* Yet another free tutoring lesson in Basic English Comprehension. All righty.

I didn't say you suggested anything. I asked who IS suggesting it, since you are arguing against it. If no one suggested it, then why the hell are you bringing it up?

"People ignore who is buying these". WHO ignores? WHO is buying? What the hell are you talking about? Details, Einstein! Details! If you don't make it clear what you're talking about, you're basically just sitting around, mumbling to yourself like a homeless person.

You are all over the damned place. Trying to parse some sort of coherent point out of your posts is like nailing Jell-O to a wall. FOCUS!

I was trying to get in many important points and my valuable opinions. lol:5_1_12024:
I also do about 3 things at once when posting.

The WHO is practically everyone from the top to the bottom. Take your pick.

Having a couple armed security guards on campus makes sense at this point. Arming teachers is nothing more than giving in, plus its an all around nutty idea.
I seriously doubt the comprehensive bg checks trump is promising will be followed through with.

"Giving in"? Giving in to what, precisely?

By only focusing on protecting by force, wondering how it happened in the first place then letting the issue fade away till next time.
The shooter responsible for the Texas church deaths had a domestic violence conviction and was barred from having guns. Yet he went on to kill 26 people.
Time to make it very inconvenient for potential criminals.

YOU might stop wondering how it happened. I suspect you have a rather short attention span, and God knows the media has no interest in actually promoting a discussion on that topic. They're all about TELLING you what to think, not encouraging you to think.

And HOW, precisely, are you going to "make it very inconvenient for potential criminals"? Apparently, discussing the failure of law enforcement in enforcing existing gun laws is simply not in the cards. So what do you plan to do?

There are bunch of things that I know for a certain fact people don't need. Even food many people could have a whole bunch less of.

Yet, because this country was founded on freedom my opinion matters jackshit.

If you want to live in some authoritarian hell-hole, you are free to leave. It seems like the traffic is a one way street from there to here though, I wonder why that is...

Get a grip. I dont want to live in some authoritarian hell hole. Yes its a one way street here, people know they can get away with anything.

Arming teachers just isnt a smart idea. Locks inside doors and things of that nature are. Some of the changes you all want could be an authoritarian disaster too.
People who have proven they cant be responsible behind the wheel cant get a drivers licence. Deluded, potentially dangerous people shouldnt be able to buy powerful weapons.

WHY is arming teachers not a smart idea? You don't honestly think we're going to just accept your blank assertion at face value, do you? And why is scurrying from fortress to fortress in terror a smarter idea than simply defending ourselves? WHICH changes we want would be an authoritarian disaster? Why?

Who in the hell is suggesting that dangerous people SHOULD be able to buy powerful weapons? You're making all these arguments against positions no one's taking.

Im not suggesting anything, Im saying people ignore who is buying these. No kid needs this kind of weaponry and no Im not at all against guns, Ive been around responsible hunters all my life.
Still, no way Id allow that in my house and Id be concerned why my son even wanted one.
I see the suggestion of teachers being armed, decreasing windows in schools as potentially authoritarian. Some think its taking control, its not.

*sigh* Yet another free tutoring lesson in Basic English Comprehension. All righty.

I didn't say you suggested anything. I asked who IS suggesting it, since you are arguing against it. If no one suggested it, then why the hell are you bringing it up?

"People ignore who is buying these". WHO ignores? WHO is buying? What the hell are you talking about? Details, Einstein! Details! If you don't make it clear what you're talking about, you're basically just sitting around, mumbling to yourself like a homeless person.

You are all over the damned place. Trying to parse some sort of coherent point out of your posts is like nailing Jell-O to a wall. FOCUS!

I was trying to get in many important points and my valuable opinions. lol:5_1_12024:

May I respectfully suggest that you are badly unqualified to be multi-tasking, and should maybe consider bringing whatever brainpower you have to bear on just one thing at a time?

Go back, try again, and see if you can produce a useful, coherent post.

Having a couple armed security guards on campus makes sense at this point. Arming teachers is nothing more than giving in, plus its an all around nutty idea.
I seriously doubt the comprehensive bg checks trump is promising will be followed through with.

By only focusing on protecting by force, wondering how it happened in the first place then letting the issue fade away till next time.
The shooter responsible for the Texas church deaths had a domestic violence conviction and was barred from having guns. Yet he went on to kill 26 people.

YOU might stop wondering how it happened. I suspect you have a rather short attention span, and God knows the media has no interest in actually promoting a discussion on that topic. They're all about TELLING you what to think, not encouraging you to think.

And HOW, precisely, are you going to "make it very inconvenient for potential criminals"? Apparently, discussing the failure of law enforcement in enforcing existing gun laws is simply not in the cards. So what do you plan to do?

Welp, like I just posted ( and what I thought immediately after this all came out)
Since this guy bought his fire arm legally a more thorough background would have revealed... expelled, threats at school, threats online, previous police run ins. If that had been available ...?

May I respectfully suggest that you are badly unqualified to be multi-tasking, and should maybe consider bringing whatever brainpower you have to bear on just one thing at a time?

Wow, what a pompous bitch.:bow2:
You dont have to respond . Nothing posted on here is that big of a deal.

Welp, like I just posted ( and what I thought immediately after this all came out)
Since this guy bought his fire arm legally a more thorough background would have revealed... expelled, threats at school, threats online, previous police run ins. If that had been available ...?

No, actually a "more thorough background check" wouldn't have revealed any of that, since law enforcement utterly dropped the ball on handling this information appropriately, such that it actually appeared on a background check. Unless what you're suggesting is that background checks should be conducted by actually sending human agents out to interview people, a la fifty years ago. This, of course, raises the question of "If law enforcement didn't do its job properly before that point, why do we think they would have done it properly then?", and the question of "Didn't we develop technology because it's more efficient than the methods of fifty years ago?"

Your utterly unsolicited opinion is noted and dismissed. The next time you feel the urge to withhold your approval of someone who didn't ask, consider the possibility that they didn't ask because they don't respect you enough to WANT it.

I'm aware that I don't have to respond. I choose to. YOU don't have to post if it upsets you to know that other people are going to respond.

I always have a loaded firearm near by.
It saved me and the Wife on one occasion.
That implies you fired it. What were the circumstances?

Didnt have to.
We got a knock on the door and I looked out the side window to find three hispanics/south americans at the door.
I answered and they asked to come in and use the phone as their car had broken down.
I told em to hold up and the wife would bring the cordless.
At that point I noticed the one in the back had a cell phone in his hand. He saw me eye it and he started pushing through his buddies because he realized I was on to them.
I brought the barrel of my sawed off 870 into view from behind the door jam and they fell all over themselves jumping into their supposedly broken down car and hauled ass.
So whether it was loaded was irrelevant.

Could you explain to me why you leftists think "I'm too obtuse to understand the question" is a clever debate tactic?
After you explain why you can't read linked articles.

Shockingly, continuing to disagree with you doesn't indicate that I didn't read your material. It just indicates that I still disagree with you.
What, you don't agree the article defined mssa? Oh well, rightard gun nuts, fair enough.

Now your turn. Why do you think flaunting your inability to understand English is a clever debate tactic?
That's your straw man, as in most of your posts.

Your utterly unsolicited opinion is noted and dismissed. The next time you feel the urge to withhold your approval of someone who didn't ask, consider the possibility that they didn't ask because they don't respect you enough to WANT it.

I'm aware that I don't have to respond. I choose to. YOU don't have to post if it upsets you to know that other people are going to respond.

This forum or any forum for that matter is the last place where respect is accurate, so I could care less what you think.
...but calling you names wasnt cool.

I always have a loaded firearm near by.
It saved me and the Wife on one occasion.
That implies you fired it. What were the circumstances?

Didnt have to.
We got a knock on the door and I looked out the side window to find three hispanics/south americans at the door.
I answered and they asked to come in and use the phone as their car had broken down.
I told em to hold up and the wife would bring the cordless.
At that point I noticed the one in the back had a cell phone in his hand. He saw me eye it and he started pushing through his buddies because he realized I was on to them.
I brought the barrel of my sawed off 870 into view from behind the door jam and they fell all over themselves jumping into their supposedly broken down car and hauled ass.
So whether it was loaded was irrelevant.

So whats your point?

Now your turn. Why do you think flaunting your inability to understand English is a clever debate tactic?
That's your straw man. As in most of your posts.

Not a straw man, Chuckles. You keep deliberately misunderstanding clear, simple English, and announcing it like you've discovered some great "Gotcha!" moment. I can either assume you actually ARE that incapable of reading, or I can assume you know you've lost the argument, and are hoping to frustrate and exhaust me with your obtuseness. Which would you prefer?

This forum or any forum for that matter is the last place where respect is accurate, so I could care less what you think.

You "could care less". That would mean you do care. Glad we settled that.

To more serious subjects, EVERY topic posted here is a big deal. We're talking, in this case, about my right to walk down the street safely, as a law-abiding adult should, versus huddling behind locks and alarms and a vicious guard dog, afraid to ever leave my home. We are talking about whether our cities belong to the criminals or the good people. However cavalierly you might want to dismiss those subjects, they matter.

The BLM member had the high ground.
They were useless and targeted by leo as suspects.

You are a waste of skin. What a lying sack of excrement!
Who did open carriers shoot? Why did the police target them as persons of interest?

The open carriers did not shoot. They didn't target them as persons of interest. One AR-15 owner gave his weapon to a police officer because a 9mm handgun wasn't going to take out a sniper.

If the cops had not been there, I bet those carrying would have done more, but it was not required.

You "could care less". That would mean you do care. Glad we settled that.

To more serious subjects, EVERY topic posted here is a big deal. We're talking, in this case, about my right to walk down the street safely, as a law-abiding adult should, versus huddling behind locks and alarms and a vicious guard dog, afraid to ever leave my home. We are talking about whether our cities belong to the criminals or the good people. However cavalierly you might want to dismiss those subjects, they matter.

I wasnt dismissing the subjects, I was trying to offset your condescending attitude.
...and before people decide who our cities belong to, we should at least make every attempt to to identify/ help/ prevent situations. Criminals generally dont wear huge signs around their neck which is why no one should be against preventitive measures. We tend to pick bad groups and leave it at that.
About 20 yrs ago, my place had been broken into and I had an 8 or so hour ordeal by a psycho with weapons. He was meticulus about being identified, was well connected in the community and had no priors. He literally lived behind a frikin white picket fence. Its a long story, but nothing could be done about him, yet I was terrified to be in my own home. Internet is similar, you can prove some of it but not a whole lot you can do.

Forum List

Back