My old HS is ranked #5 in the nation in USA Today

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The mighty Bellevue High School Wolverines.

They were respectible when I was there.

The football equivilant of Duke in basketball.

("you may beat us on the playing fields - but we will be payin your salaries................")

Nice! I know a few Ohio high schools are making a case for best in the nation. St. Iggy from the north east would be the team I'd put my money on.

The 4 teams ahead of them - don't recall for sure - 3 from the deep south (the usual suspects) , and 1 from California.

BHS already beat the top-ranked team in Texas.

:)

Last edited:
Im in the HS yearbook in the 1971 - on the golf team photo

remember the parking lot with the stoners who smoked weed between classes lol

BHS moved up to #4 in SI national rankings.

After BHS just beat #2 Mt Si (in the Wash st rankings) 49-10 at their place - the Si coach said it was hard for him to believe there were 3 HS teams in the country that could beat them.

You don't think of egg-head academic schools like BHS way up in the corner of the country as being so good.

Usually Football-mad Texas, ohio, Penn, So Calif, Florida etc.........................

Last edited:
We were sorta good when I was there (1969 -1972)

Werent in the top 5 in the country.

About 8 state titles since 2000.

Andonebefore in theearly 80s

35-3 over Eastside Catholic.
BHS didnt even play that well

10th state title in the past 12 years.

ranked #2 nationally

bring on #1

I could have made the team when I was there

A legit 5'9" (maybe 5'10") around 130 lbs.

BUT I WAS SLOW............................

Interesting.......................some loser who never was able to make the team is posting about how good his school did because they were listed in a newspaper.

Never made the team? How the fuck can you claim any of the glory? All you did was amble around the school with a pulse. You were no more than meat with eyeballs.

The first state tite in the early 80s was the best - when BHS won the 4A title - the highest class in the state at the time.

star running back was Chuck Knox Jr - son of the Seattle Seahawks head coach.

Team wore solid blue helmets - not the Michigan Wolverrines style helmets the y adopted later.

Was a respected football program - but hardly what you could call a dynasty.

There is a readerboard at the base of Bellevue Way at the bottom of a steep hill leading up to the BHS campus.

Recall driving up it many times as a student.

Should read: BEST HIGH SCHOOL TEAM IN AMERICA

The #1 ranked team from Florida lost badly in their state playoffs - so you would think that would move BHS up to #1.

Why would somebody leap them???

The #1 ranked team from Florida lost badly in their state playoffs - so you would think that would move BHS up to #1.

Why would somebody leap them???

I don't get how they can even rank HS teams nationally.

Me neither.

But this is the best team BHS has ever had.

Don't see anybody beating them.

Could beat some college teams .

Just announced BHS is #1 in ESPN and SI HS rankings.

They have finished their season.

3 other teams in the top 5 are still playing -but how can you jump Bellevue?

Just announced BHS is #1 in ESPN and SI HS rankings.

They have finished their season.

3 other teams in the top 5 are still playing -but how can you jump Bellevue?

It wasn't that hard. During basketbal season some Bellevue kids threw some garbage down from above on us Inglemoor Vikings so we went up in the stands as a group and beat the crap outta a few of your bretheren. I even got a few licks in my own damn self!

:lol:

Forum List

Back