my next project: stained glass

the price of the metals used has gone sky high.....i simply refuse to pay for the copper right now
I just used an irreplacable Jinny Beyer on the back of your Dancin' 'Shrooms, strollingbones. It's not available for any amount of money one has because it was everybody's favorite, and we had to drag RJR to task at Show in order to get one more measly bolt outta 'em. :badgrin: That was 20 years ago. I keep it in a very safe place and had a 30x54" piece left. It's a perfect dark brown eyelash mixed with a perfect oak nut brown. The replacements they printed after that were the perfect dark brown, but they mixed it with a grey/taupe color that isn't near as pretty as the one I saved back.

Can pennies be melted down to give the right kind of copper, or is it a soft alloy that is needed? (I don't know what I'm talking about here, because I've never done much stained glass.) I was going to, but it just didn't happen for some reason. Maybe we moved. :dunno: Been too long. I have about half-dozen friends who have special long wood drawers with colored glass for making stained glass, too. IOW, you're worth it, young lady.

Oh, I had a machine issue with an applique stitch. It's a computer machine, and I think it just needs a nap. Here's the piece so far, sans satin stitches that go around the raw edges:

Attachments

• 95.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 93 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Finally got the binding done yesterday and posted the finished picture here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/arts-...omemade-quilts-have-a-way-47.html#post6409016

I can't wait till strollingbones gets that gorgeous stained glass done. Hope you find a good deal on some copper, sb. Have you tried ebay or etsy? I don't know if artists have a UFO (unfinishedobjects) sales outlet online, but it'd sure be nice if you could find some copper at yesteryear's price or a donation of someone who is closing out their studio's stained glass fixings.

Best wishes, strollingbones!

Forum List

Back