my next project: stained glass

Bones, your dog is absolutely adorable. I'm not really into the stained glass stuff but that puppy is one gorgeous baby!!! I want one!

its not finished damn it.....i gotz all kinds of excuses...i just got busy in the summer in the garden...then this winter has been cold and nasty.....but as soon as i get a chance i will finish it and do a couple of small panels i have been thinking about....

IMG_0777.jpg

How much would it cost?

Last edited:
Good job, SB - I'm into stained glass, too. You're right! It's a process! I also make all my own designs. I'm trying to work on a sort of abstract design now, but abstract is not really my cup of tea, so it's a struggle.

We'll have to compare notes sometime! Good luck with all your work!

Hi SB!! Good artisan play you have going. I noticed some metal art in the corner. Do you work with metal as well?

I would love to see strolling bones copy the electric color patterns in her avatar and keep those mushrooms neon.

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to do a mushroom quilt square. Pity. I'm so close to finishing #100 on the charity quilts, too.

Oh, Ms. Bones!!! We're callin' yas! :D

:D 'Shrooms are fun! 10 minutes later, "Dancin' 'Shrooms for 'Bones" (too many apostrophes...)

I haven't done an applique design for a whole month ... like other geometric quilters, I've been goin' to pieces ... :lmao:

It may take a couple of hours to do this in fabric ... Let's see, brooding brown background, light cherry chocolate stems, bright red-orange blistered with white spots on the umbrel caps.

Attachments

• 60.1 KB · Views: 141
  • $Dancin Shrooms for  BonesPattern Page.jpg
    $Dancin Shrooms for BonesPattern Page.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Well, things get reversed when you do reverse applique, but even so, the project was pursued and persevered:

Scan 1 What the wrong side looks like before quilting to a stable surface with satin or blanket stitch and after reverse appliques are sewn to the back of the item

scan 2 Front before securing with quilt stitches and satin cover stitches. Error was made on center quilt and fixed. Operator error: instead of removing brown background, selected pretty cap fabric to clip. Caught error after cutting one inch. Repaired with two rows of straight stitches. Will assess how to hide it later. Cause: too long between last reverse applique, done 15 years ago, ignored reverse applique panaceas after doing 4 others immediately before "accident" It was actually done on the reverse side to add to the melee of mistakes ... :eusa_shifty:

Attachments

• 59.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 65.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Forum List

Back