my next project: stained glass

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
mushroom.jpg

i like the design and the mushrooms...i will change a lot of the colors and i am not sure about the background i think i will go with solid instead of leaves.....

so what do yall think...it will be a good size project..the lady who does my patterns called tonight in a panic but i think its more the piece she is doing ...i hope

next step...pattern:

step one:

IMG_0552.jpg

the penciled pattern

step two:

IMG_0554.jpg

adjustments need to be made:

IMG_0554.jpg

so you with with an eraser and do a lot of rearranging

step three:

the finished pattern:

IMG_0555.jpg

step four:

now you must take and have it duplicated

i also need to go see what glass i have and if i will need more....i dont think i have anything for stems...but you never know till you look

IMG_0659.jpg

it is kinda hard to see my studio (fancy name for corner of basement)

IMG_0658.jpg

i havent got all the lights back up after not working on it for so long:

one of the first things they teach you is neatest with glass:

IMG_0661.jpg

thor at top of stairs waiting to see if he needs to come down with me....he is rarely more than a few feet from me...that is his only job lol....if i am home..he is with me...

IMG_0663.jpg

Nice to have a walk out area in the workshop. Cool project SB. Thanks for sharing.

i wished it was a door but it is a tall window set....i cut in front of it....so i can watch what is going on with the dogs....most of the time they are on the other side trying to watch what is going on with me

Okay looked like a door.. we don't have a walk out here. Just upstairs or downstairs.. Used to have an upstairs porch but it was made of wood and ill designed so it's history. My mom has the perfect workshop that has a large porch overlooking the Snake river..One can work in the shade on the porch, inside looking out through a mass of windows or just off the side of the porch in the sun. I have a hard time being creative here because there is no place to just setup.. The neighbor and rod got me forty feet of running glass in eight foot section walls. Hopefully in the future we can put a room up to work in.

step next: here is a piece of glass with a piece of pattern glued to it..ready for cutting

IMG_0770.jpg

here is the cut piece...note the broken top....starting all over again:

IMG_0771.jpg

try 2:

IMG_0772.jpg

success:

IMG_0773.jpg

here are all the mushrooms done....stems and background to go...of course they are just cut and grinded...not foiled....that is a time consuming process...now you have to realize that the entire time a glasser is working we are working from the back of the glass...the whole thing is like a mirror reflection....which is why when christmas rolled around and i made "noel" for a few friends...i ended up with "leon" oopsie...

but that is the risk...you work on one side....you fall in love with it...the colors etc...i try to always bear in mind what the front is going to look like...but then comes the day when you flip it....i have seen artist just walk away from the project.

IMG_0777.jpg

no no ...it was not friggin funny....leon with holly leaves...red berries...decked out totally.....leon

i am hoping to get the pattern squared up today....later...and do the background...i got to get started on something 3 d...

Forum List

Back