My New to Me 1967 Piper Cherokee 140

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Me and the wife have had a Toy Hauler for years. Its on consignment now as we are shifting gears to another mode of travel. I learned to fly in 1996, had a lapse from 2003-2017, but I became current again last August. So, I'm not getting any younger so I bought my first plane. Renting for years is no comparison.

Its almost as old as I am lol

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Me and the wife have had a Toy Hauler for years. Its on consignment now as we are shifting gears to another mode of travel. I learned to fly in 1996, had a lapse from 2003-2017, but I became current again last August. So, I'm not getting any younger so I bought my first plane. Renting for years is no comparison.

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg
Sweet! I can't afford one right now, but when I can, we'll do a knifes edge pass! LOL

Just kidding.

Awesome man!
Thanks. I have been flying all over Tennessee and Kentucky. Picked it up in Minneapolis at end of April.

I still feel like an 8 year old at Christmas

-Geaux

I could have flown that plane when it was only about 10 years old. Took Aviation in High School. Soloed at 19. licensed by 21. Gave it up in Cali when I went to Silicon Valley. Took a couple check-rides in the SF Bay area and it was ALL WORK and no pleasure. Just not the cruising laid back experience I had in Florida.

That and my 1st wife's cousin flew into a mountain top in the LA basin one night and she really didn't want me to do it anymore. ATC kinda helped him into the mountain. Just got his instrument rating.

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Awesome Cherokee, mang.

But I bet it's a bitch trying to find a parking spot at Walmart.

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Awesome Cherokee, mang.

DOH! He uses a Huey for that!

-Geaux

My_First_Plane.jpg

Awesome Cherokee, mang.

DOH! He uses a Huey for that!

Well that's nice. Those Huey Cobras are pretty good at clearing parking lots in a hurry.

Awesome man!
Thanks. I have been flying all over Tennessee and Kentucky. Picked it up in Minneapolis at end of April.

-Geaux

I could have flown that plane when it was only about 10 years old. Took Aviation in High School. Soloed at 19. licensed by 21. Gave it up in Cali when I went to Silicon Valley. Took a couple check-rides in the SF Bay area and it was ALL WORK and no pleasure. Just not the cruising laid back experience I had in Florida.

That and my 1st wife's cousin flew into a mountain top in the LA basin one night and she really didn't want me to do it anymore. ATC kinda helped him into the mountain. Just got his instrument rating.

Thats terrible. Situational awareness is key. I have all the ratings and stuff, but this girl is best suited for cruising over the Cumberland River and taking family for rides. Me and the wife will head to Destin or Myrtle Beach next week dependent on weather. Destin is tough this time of year with poop up T-Storms

-Geaux

Awesome man!

-Geaux

Thats terrible. Situational awareness is key. I have all the ratings and stuff, but this girl is best suited for cruising over the Cumberland River and taking family for rides. Me and the wife will head to Destin or Myrtle Beach next week dependent on weather. Destin is tough this time of year with poop up T-Storms

-Geaux
Oh hell yeah! I live south of destin, we went out yesterday morning on the boat and got caught in some massive squalls! Lightening everywhere. Be careful.

What was getting current like? Were you pretty much starting over?
Took me 3 hours to get singed off. The biggest change was the use of an IPAD for navigation, charts, weather etc. When I broke out my paper VFR sectional the CFI joked and said when I opened my flight bag it was like a time capsule. He said paper charts are for heat shield in the window while parked. Below is a picture of the Ipad on my flight back from Minneapolis

-Geaux
---------

Dash_Fotor.jpg

Forum List

Back