My new ride

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
It's going to be fun getting this one ready to show. I will update as I get things done.

Attachments

• $Copy of May 2006 018.jpg
    $Copy of May 2006 018.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 91
  • $Copy of May 2006 019.jpg
    $Copy of May 2006 019.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 83
  • $Copy of May 2006 021.jpg
    $Copy of May 2006 021.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 90
  • $Copy of May 2006 025.jpg
    $Copy of May 2006 025.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 89
  • $Copy of May 2006 027.jpg
    $Copy of May 2006 027.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 88
The ClayTaurus said:
Congrats! You got the best color, too :D

I was just going to comment on that, in that white is the worst color for avoiding radar, especially lazer. White reflects back the best signal of all the colors. Black on the other hand absorbs the most, and is the hardest to get a lock on.

I have a white truck. I'm thinking of trading it off this year for a black one. But, that little Beltronics radar detector I bought a few months back has been a jewel. Saved my ass a few times already. I love it.

Pale Rider said:
I was just going to comment on that, in that white is the worst color for avoiding radar, especially lazer. White reflects back the best signal of all the colors. Black on the other hand absorbs the most, and is the hardest to get a lock on.

I have a white truck. I'm thinking of trading it off this year for a black one. But, that little Beltronics radar detector I bought a few months back has been a jewel. Saved my ass a few times already. I love it.
Eh, it hasn't hurt me in 11 months yet, so maybe I'm doing something right.

White's also a lot easier to keep looking clean. Black is a bitch, especially with all the pollen we have in the air around here.

Don't hate on my white :D

What about chrome, how does that reflect radar? (I actually have no idea)

There were a couple Miata guys polishing their hoods...not as slick as that Chrome M3...but neat. :)

Mustangs = fantastic platforms upon which to build power.

:D

dmp said:
There were a couple Miata guys polishing their hoods...not as slick as that Chrome M3...but neat. :)

Mustangs = fantastic platforms upon which to build power.

:D

Chrome M3?

Am I missing something?

The ClayTaurus said:
Now what does that have to do with guys polishing miata hoods? And OTF's new mustang?

*still confused*

You brought up Chrome:

The ClayTaurus said:
What about chrome, how does that reflect radar? (I actually have no idea)

I replied talking about guys with VERY reflective cars, such as some miata owners who polish their aluminum hoods (to a mirror-like surface)...I wrote "It's probably not as reflective as the Chrome-Painted M3..."

Follow now?

dmp said:
You brought up Chrome:

I replied talking about guys with VERY reflective cars, such as some miata owners who polish their aluminum hoods (to a mirror-like surface)...I wrote "It's probably not as reflective as the Chrome-Painted M3..."

Follow now?
Yes. I follow now that you included a couple more relevant details :thup: See, not being a miata owner, I had no idea wtf you were talking about :D

That M3 is making me nauseous, yet I can't stop looking at it. Odd.

dmp said:
That M3 is making you make other people want to throw up??
USAGE NOTE Traditional critics have insisted that nauseous is properly used only to mean “causing nausea” and that it is incorrect to use it to mean “affected with nausea,” as in Roller coasters make me nauseous. In this example, nauseated is preferred by 72 percent of the Usage Panel. Curiously, though, 88 percent of the Panelists prefer using nauseating in the sentence The children looked a little green from too many candy apples and nauseating (not nauseous) rides. Since there is a lot of evidence to show that nauseous is widely used to mean “feeling sick,” it appears that people use nauseous mainly in the sense in which it is considered incorrect. In its “correct” sense it is being supplanted by nauseating.
I'm correctly incorrect! I always was a populist.

Forum List

Back