My new cat is an attack dog!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
she was definitely a dog in a previous life....maybe a monkey in a previous life too.

well, this stray and my dear, sweet, fat and docile cat of 12 years do NOT get along....they ''deal'' by staying at least 10-15 feet away from eachother...the stray is 7 lbs and a climber/jumper/ curious cat....could be in a circus with her incredible jumps and feats accomplished and she is eternally grateful for our rescue....she LOVES us!

3 times now she has attacked our dear, sweet, cat....all 3 times it was when our sweet cat got pissy at us, ,,,,once, by accident....i step on her tail...she screamed at me for it and the stray came from across the room in one leap and took some of her fur.... another time, my fat cat got all pissy at matt for something and again, the stray thought abbey was attacking matt and leaped from 100 yards away :eek: on to abbey and took some fur!!!

whenever the stray thinks abbey is hurting us or going after us, she attacks abbey!

is this normal?

care

Keep in mind there are some cats that will *never* take to each other. Ratt and Skittles were together for almost 4 years, and didn't tolerate each other at all...

Some cats don't dig other cats.

Some just want to be the "Top cat."

But most all cats eventually just want to get along.

Kudos for taking in another cat!

LMAO to cute!!!

There's always that chance that Abbey is just tolerating the "baby newcomer". You may see her get fed up one day and take the little guy down and put him in his place. We had two cats who we'd had for many years when we introduced a DOG into their world. Knuckle and the orange tabby just looked at each other and went their seperate ways. Best of buds now. My Maine Coone was thoroughly put out by the big galoot and showed us his disdain daily for the longest time. He would "put up with" knuckles antic just so much. One day in particular Knuckle was laying on his bed snoozing and Shovel (the cat) just walked over for no reason and beat the tar out of him. Poor dog didn't know what had hit him. Again, best of buds now. Actually they would all kill for each other.

One of my two cats can act like a dog on occassion.
He follows us around the house like a dog would. He'll drop to the floor and roll over ... lie at our feet and sit and beg at the table while we eat our meal.

I call him an ass, or a tard.
Really, he's a royal pain in the ass! He'll meow to go out, only to turn back around a minute later and meow to be let back in. Argh! He drives me crazy!

He follows us around the house like a dog would. He'll drop to the floor and roll over ... lie at our feet and sit and beg at the table while we eat our meal.

Really, he's a royal pain in the ass! He'll meow to go out, only to turn back around a minute later and meow to be let back in. Argh! He drives me crazy!

you just described Casey, to the T....

She's a damn dog....in a cat Halloween outfit.

if I wanted a dog and the neediness of one, I would have gotten one!

she talks ALL THE TIME too....

you just described Casey, to the T....

She's a damn dog....in a cat Halloween outfit.

if I wanted a dog and the neediness of one, I would have gotten one!

she talks ALL THE TIME too....

LOL

mmmreow ... mmmreow ... mmmreow ..

Great name you picked out Care4all. I love it!

she was definitely a dog in a previous life....maybe a monkey in a previous life too.

well, this stray and my dear, sweet, fat and docile cat of 12 years do NOT get along....they ''deal'' by staying at least 10-15 feet away from eachother...the stray is 7 lbs and a climber/jumper/ curious cat....could be in a circus with her incredible jumps and feats accomplished and she is eternally grateful for our rescue....she LOVES us!

3 times now she has attacked our dear, sweet, cat....all 3 times it was when our sweet cat got pissy at us, ,,,,once, by accident....i step on her tail...she screamed at me for it and the stray came from across the room in one leap and took some of her fur.... another time, my fat cat got all pissy at matt for something and again, the stray thought abbey was attacking matt and leaped from 100 yards away :eek: on to abbey and took some fur!!!

whenever the stray thinks abbey is hurting us or going after us, she attacks abbey!

is this normal?

care
What is a normal cat? I've never met one.

You've had the stray for a while now. My guess is that they will only get a little bit more tolerant of each other. Do they share the same food dish? Maybe you need to get a dog to protect your older cat? :lol:

easy to break this habit on a cold day leave him out for an hour or so. will never play that game again!!! homie don't do that no more!!!!

Time will come the old cat will kick some new cat butt and problem will be over!!!! Old cat is playing the Rodney King game trying to just get along but will beat the new cat ass like the cops beat Rodney!!!

easy to break this habit on a cold day leave him out for an hour or so. will never play that game again!!! homie don't do that no more!!!!

When my oldest brother was a little kid he was a-moaning and a-groaning and a-whining that he wanted to play in the snow. My dad got so sick of his incessant whining that he picked him up and plopped him outside on his butt in nothing but his little p.j.s My dad only left him there for a minute but it was enough to do the trick. No more snow whining. lol

I don't know Care . . . you've had both cats for a bit now. They are both female and may just never get along. Maybe Casey needs a brother so they can play with each other and will leave Abby alone? Just a thought.

only time will make them like each other or just tollerate each other. one day you will wake up and these guys will be best buddies, now just break up the bite fights!!!!

Forum List

Back