my neighbor is photographing my porch - creepy, eh?

talking to your neighbors is a good thing folks

Yeah this bitch likes to talk alright. One night she came over to bother my pregnant wife who had a 102 degree fever at the time about our tenants parking in front of her fucking house (its legal to park anywhere on the street in this neighborhood, though a social faux pas to do it in front of a house w/o its own driveway) My wife explained that our tenants are adults and if they are breaching social protocol she is free to knock on their door and talk to them about it. She rambled on and on and my wife shut the door in her ugly face.

Oh. With this added, I'd say you may well have a problem. (You know I was just messin' with you previously. No offense, I hope.)

The bitch could not comprehend that since there was nothing in our lease about where our tenants could park that there was nothing we could do about it and that she should just leave my poor sick pregnant wife alone (who told he she was ill so its not like she didn't know)

first, i'd put down the pipe

Its really a camera. We share a property line, I walked right up to it and saw that its a wildgame camera like this:
Cabela's: Wildgame Innovations™ 5.0 W5E Micro Camera

A mother possum decided to have her litter under our porch, and this crazy possum hating lady has decided its her mission to force us to exterminate the possums.

For the time being, I have solved the problem by nailing a magical blanket between the camera and our porch. This magical blanket has the unusual property of blocking visible light - rendering the camera useless!

Ah the truth comes out.
So it was for wild game. A opossum.
She is getting pictures of it to show to the game and wildlife authorities. Maybe.
She probably knows nothing about them and wants them gone. Most un-informed people think that they are like rats. Most people don't even know that they are marsupial's and that they are harmless.

Its really a camera. We share a property line, I walked right up to it and saw that its a wildgame camera like this:

A mother possum decided to have her litter under our porch, and this crazy possum hating lady has decided its her mission to force us to exterminate the possums.

For the time being, I have solved the problem by nailing a magical blanket between the camera and our porch. This magical blanket has the unusual property of blocking visible light - rendering the camera useless!

Ah the truth comes out.
She is getting pictures of it to show to the game and wildlife authorities. Maybe.
She probably knows nothing about them and wants them gone. Most un-informed people think that they are like rats. Most people don't even know that they are marsupial's and that they are harmless.

And they eat all sorts of nasty shit like slugs and snails and roaches and sometimes even mice or rats.

And if you relocate them there's a good chance they die. So I have no idea what she wants me to do.

she's using a wild game camera.

ideas on revenge/payback?

Perhaps it's to document the blight on the community. Time for a cleanup? Get rid of the old car seats on the porch and buy some real patio furniture?

Our house has a fresh coat of paint. The contractor even mentioned that our neighbor had told them she thinks the house looks good.

She's just a crazy bitch.

Then she's in good company.

Last edited:

Ah the truth comes out.

We live 2 blocks from one of the biggest city parks in the nation - you'd think she'd be use to friggin possums by now.

Ah the truth comes out.

And they eat all sorts of nasty shit like slugs and snails and roaches and sometimes even mice or rats.

And if you relocate them there's a good chance they die. So I have no idea what she wants me to do.

Tell her they are known as "Nature’s Little Sanitation Engineers!" and to leave them alone. That they won't do any harm and to learn about them herself.
They will move on eventually.

I'm sure you've given that behavior a lot of thought. What do you think is the reason for it?

And have you considered doing the same thing to her and waiting for a reaction?

There may be an invasion of privacy violation if the camera is over 6' high. Google got into some trouble for having their little walking stick man camera to high on Google maps. It was looking over peoples privacy fences. I suppose satellite photos are still to grainy to be an issue.

I don't have much sympathy for people who invite wildlife to share space with them. It's always a mistake.

I think possums carry disease. It seems there's some horrible disease that horses can catch from them....

"Opossum carry diseases such as leptospirosis, tuberculosis, relapsing fever, tularemia, spotted fever, toxoplasmosis, coccidiosis, trichomoniasis, and Chagas disease. They may also be infested with fleas, ticks, mites, and lice. Opossum are hosts for cat and dog fleas, especially in urban environments."

Gross.

Opossum Management Guidelines--UC IPM

You're a human, dude. Your neighbors are humans. You are not obligated to share, nor are you free to force others to share, living space with nasty, disease riddled animals.

If you want to live with wild animals, move to a national forest, shed your clothes, and eat grubs.

I don't have much sympathy for people who invite wildlife to share space with them. It's always a mistake.

I think possums carry disease. It seems there's some horrible disease that horses can catch from them....

Possums actually hardly ever carry disease. They have highly effective immune systems and its almost impossible for them to carry rabies. And Louisiana is a state where rabies is very rare to begin with.

They eat things that attract rats, roaches, and far worse things than possums, in addition to eating many nuissance insects.

"Opossum carry diseases such as leptospirosis, tuberculosis, relapsing fever, tularemia, spotted fever, toxoplasmosis, coccidiosis, trichomoniasis, and Chagas disease. They may also be infested with fleas, ticks, mites, and lice. Opossum are hosts for cat and dog fleas, especially in urban environments."

Gross.

You're a human, dude. Your neighbors are humans. You are not obligated to share, nor are you free to force others to share, living space with nasty, disease riddled animals.

If you want to live with wild animals, move to a national forest, shed your clothes, and eat grubs.

We're two blocks from one of the largest city parks in the nation, its full of wildlife. I'm not responsible for every single possum, squirrel, slug, snake, or fucking chipmunk that decides to take up residence on my property.

If this lady doesn't want possums on her property she's free to set traps.

Where the fuck are you from that you're so afraid of possums?

Last edited:

Gross.

We're two blocks from one of the largest city parks in the nation, its full of wildlife. I'm not responsible for every single possum, squirrel, slug, snake, or fucking chipmunk that decides to take up residence on my property.

under her bed

Yeah, next time she does it, drop trow and take a big nasty dump for the camera.

Downside? You'll probably get a visit from law enforcement.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I think I have seen this espisode of Cops before.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFuH6XaKCD8]COPS - Bad Boys - YouTube[/ame]

Gross.

They're nasty. They have fleas and carry diseases..including rabies and tuberculosis.

They really aren't any better than any other vermin. I certainly wouldn't encourage them to take up residence under my house. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

Forum List

Back