My Ncaa Playoff Picks. Oct 6

I was really shocked that West Virginia beat Baylor. I know Baylor dropped 9 places in every Top 25 list after that, so I wonder if that will shake things up of MS, FSU, and Ole Miss start losing a game here and there.
Why would they pick a team that can't win its own conference...I know the sports writers did few times a but they are looking out for their own bottom line. Maybe that is why they took it out of hands of pollsters with their ridiculous rankings.
Because there is only 1 conference that matters, the best team comes out of the SEC, year in and year out, sure, even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time, and some fluke team will beat an SEC team in the title game, but 9 out of 10 times, the second best in the SEC is better than any other so called, conference champion.

2 mediocre Big 12 teams are tearing up the SEC , SEC lost both their BCS bowl games, SEC division champion lost to one of the worst teams in the Big ...Who has the SEC beaten ?

The SEC seems to be holding its own. Not sure who the "one of the worst teams in the Big..." would be. But a team that Alabama defeated has ended Baylor's run.

SEC is doing fine, just they play no big games outside the SEC so kinda hard to judge.

LSU started the season by beating Wisconsin. Bama opened by beating WVU. Auburn opened with a win over K-State. Georgia opened with Clemson. Ole Miss started their season with a win over Boise State.

Most of the SEC teams have at least one good out-of-conference team on their schedule. But considering the conference schedule, we don't load up too much.

West Virginia was 4-8 last year and Alabama benefited from 4 or 5 bad calls by SEC refs, LSU had to make a big comeback against an overrated team that couldn't complete one pass(at least not to their wr ), also Indiana( a bottom Big team) beat the SEC East Champion. Was not 4 of those 5 games you mentioned played in the south?

Let's hope the panel doesn't follow the polls. Michigan St. Is ahead of Oregon and Oregon destroyed them earlier this year.

Florida St. Is the best out of the ACC, the SEC! Claim what you want about media bias, the NFL seems to like SEC players by a wide margin. More NFL players from the SEC than any other conference.

Top to bottom the Pac-12 is better but top teams, the SEC is tops.

I rank the conferences SEC, PAC-12, ACC, Big-12, Big-10.

Do you have a ration reason for the ranking or do you just buy into the hype?

Oregon took Michigan St. apart, Washington over Illinois, UCLA over Texas, Utah over Michigan, Stanford lost to Notre Dame and USC lost to Boston College.

SEC has more prospects go and stick with NFL teams year after year, I know you think the Big 10 is great but to me it doesn't match up well.

I was really shocked that West Virginia beat Baylor. I know Baylor dropped 9 places in every Top 25 list after that, so I wonder if that will shake things up of MS, FSU, and Ole Miss start losing a game here and there.
Auburn is done, but expect 2 teams from the SEC in the playoffs, after all, we want a real championship game.

Why would they pick a team that can't win its own conference...I know the sports writers did few times a but they are looking out for their own bottom line. Maybe that is why they took it out of hands of pollsters with their ridiculous rankings.
Because there is only 1 conference that matters, the best team comes out of the SEC, year in and year out, sure, even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time, and some fluke team will beat an SEC team in the title game, but 9 out of 10 times, the second best in the SEC is better than any other so called, conference champion.

2 mediocre Big 12 teams are tearing up the SEC , SEC lost both their BCS bowl games, SEC division champion lost to one of the worst teams in the Big ...Who has the SEC beaten ?

The SEC seems to be holding its own. Not sure who the "one of the worst teams in the Big..." would be. But a team that Alabama defeated has ended Baylor's run.

SEC is doing fine, just they play no big games outside the SEC so kinda hard to judge.
That is because none of the big conferences wish to play teams from the SEC, they don't like that loss on their record.

If the playoffs started today, there would be 3 SEC teams in the mix, with Auburn being the best team left out.

Good news for the fans of other(lesser) conferences, though, there is no way for 2 SEC teams to finish undefeated.(I see conference championship games going away in the near future, especially after a team without a conference championship game, makes the playoffs.)

That is because none of the big conferences wish to play teams from the SEC, they don't like that loss on their record.

I disagree, the SEC wants to do single game deals at so-called neutral sites in the south. Other conferences want a one home and one away deal.

Last edited:
I think the one thing we need to be careful about is the perceived bias that the sport media giant ESPN has with the SEC. It's getting hard to ignore.

With ESPNs buy into the SEC network ( I believe ), and their rights to the new playoff system, getting two teams into the playoffs could look real suspicious.

CBS has first rights to the SEC, then ESPN, then FOX.

The ratings are better than any other conference, the talent is coming form all over the country.

Now, should three teams from the SEC get into the playoffs? Nope, just one, the same with the other conferences.

Conference championship games are here to stay. Big money.

Let's hope the panel doesn't follow the polls. Michigan St. Is ahead of Oregon and Oregon destroyed them earlier this year.

Florida St. Is the best out of the ACC, the SEC! Claim what you want about media bias, the NFL seems to like SEC players by a wide margin. More NFL players from the SEC than any other conference.

Top to bottom the Pac-12 is better but top teams, the SEC is tops.

I rank the conferences SEC, PAC-12, ACC, Big-12, Big-10.

Do you have a ration reason for the ranking or do you just buy into the hype?

Oregon took Michigan St. apart, Washington over Illinois, UCLA over Texas, Utah over Michigan, Stanford lost to Notre Dame and USC lost to Boston College.

SEC has more prospects go and stick with NFL teams year after year, I know you think the Big 10 is great but to me it doesn't match up well.

Indiana took SEC East champion apart Rutgers beat WSU, Iowa beat Pittsburg, Maryland beat Syracuse, all of those games on the road. Also Nebraska beat Miami.

No I don't think the Big is great, the aggressive nature that the NCAA went after the Big (while ignoring infractions in the south) has hurt the Big. What I am saying is the SEC is not as great as the media portrays them and the Big is not as bad.

The Big has a winning record against the SEC.

If the playoffs started today, there would be 3 SEC teams in the mix, with Auburn being the best team left out.

Good news for the fans of other(lesser) conferences, though, there is no way for 2 SEC teams to finish undefeated.(I see conference championship games going away in the near future, especially after a team without a conference championship game, makes the playoffs.)

The playoff committee is not bound by the same financial bias as some pencil pushing geek at the AP, the may have a new set of biases. So I'm not sure if the playoff were today they would pick 3 SEC teams.

Right now, after a wacky weekend:

1. Florida St.
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
4. Auburn (with a win in SEC championship game.)

Yours?

If Georgia wins out (and beats Auburn), switch Auburn out with Georgia in the No. 4 spot. I highly suspect Georgia may tear the Gators to shreds and give Auburn a run for their money (no literally, they run).

Baylor is gone, so is Notre Dame.

1. Florida St.
2. Alabama
3. Mississippi St.
4. Georgia

I think as it stands the top four will be:

1. Mississippi St.
2. Florida St.
3. Alabama
4. Oregon

Of course this could change every week with all the upsets that can occur.

Michigan St., Notre Dame, Auburn, Ole Miss., Kansas St. and TCU are also good teams.

1. Mississippi St.
2. Florida St.
3. Alabama
4. Oregon

Michigan St., Notre Dame, Auburn, Ole Miss., Kansas St. and TCU are also good teams.

K-State and TCU's big problem is that the Big 12 has no championship game

1. Mississippi St.
2. Florida St.
3. Alabama
4. Oregon

K-State and TCU's big problem is that the Big 12 has no championship game

That could be the problem with the SEC having a championship game, they could have several 2 loss teams.

Forum List

Back