My name is Viktor-Hello

I am a retired CPA and live in San Diego, CA. I spent 6 years in the US Navy.
At Enron, Accounting Was Designer Arithmetic

Is accounting as boring and wimpy as we've been told it is? Look at Gene Wilder in The Producers and Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters. Also from Hollywood's version of reality is the fact that the Charles Bronson character in Death Wish was an accountant in the book, which they changed to architect because they thought no one would believe an accountant would become a vigilante.

From your experience, at least with other CPAs, can you believe in the explanation that the killer in Vegas was reacting to decades of being stifled as an accountant? In the Web swamp, no opinion counts unless it can be politicized, but I count all opinions received from above as ignorant and dishonest.

Accountants Gone Wild also applies to those who come up with business gimmicks so they'll feel like "innovative risk-taking men of action" and all that hype. I talked to a partner at Arthur Andersen and he seemed to be ashamed of accounting; he bragged about all the business-consultant work they were doing, using accounting as just a way to get in the groove as high-flying wheeler-dealers.

200w.gif

I am a retired CPA and live in San Diego, CA. I spent 6 years in the US Navy.
At Enron, Accounting Was Designer Arithmetic

Is accounting as boring and wimpy as we've been told it is? Look at Gene Wilder in The Producers and Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters. Also from Hollywood's version of reality is the fact that the Charles Bronson character in Death Wish was an accountant in the book, which they changed to architect because they thought no one would believe an accountant would become a vigilante.

From your experience, at least with other CPAs, can you believe in the explanation that the killer in Vegas was reacting to decades of being stifled as an accountant? In the Web swamp, no opinion counts unless it can be politicized, but I count all opinions received from above as ignorant and dishonest.

Accountants Gone Wild also applies to those who come up with business gimmicks so they'll feel like "innovative risk-taking men of action" and all that hype. I talked to a partner at Arthur Andersen and he seemed to be ashamed of accounting; he bragged about all the business-consultant work they were doing, using accounting as just a way to get in the groove as high-flying wheeler-dealers.

I like it. Some people don't.

Forum List

Back