My name is Debra ... hello everyone!

Hello. My name is Debra. I am 57 years old and a semi-retired professional person. I am new to this discussion board. I am mostly interested in politics, government, and the rule of law. I love people who are respectful and challenge my thought processes. I think learning and growing as a person is one of life's greatest joys.

you seem too sweet for this board.

don't let appearances fool you ... once I start swinging my literary sword ... oops, I think I borrowed that descriptive phrase from the nice fellow who allegedly lives in his mother's basement ...

Welcome to the Jungle!

Thank you, Papageorgio. So far it doesn't look too scary.

lg00122.jpg

Hello. My name is Debra. I am 57 years old and a semi-retired professional person. I am new to this discussion board. I am mostly interested in politics, government, and the rule of law. I love people who are respectful and challenge my thought processes. I think learning and growing as a person is one of life's greatest joys.
Stuff it!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot, this is an intro thread.......

Nice to meet ya, hope you enjoy your time here put on your favorite straight jacket and join right in........ :D

I dug through my closet and found my pink one and my blue one, but I couldn't find my favorite . . . wait, it was hanging on the back of my chair . . . never mind. Nice to meet you too.
Honestly, all joking aside, you will find good discussions from time to time, like gems hidden in the sewer......... Rhino skin is a plus and at least wearing finger cots to prevent against BTDs (Board Transmitted Diseases) will go a long way...... Hip waders that come up to your neck will be helpful on occasion. :thup:

An imperiled treasure hunt ... sounds intriguing ... rhino skin, check; finger protectors, check; hip to neck waders, check ... I'm ready to go exploring.

Your cat is delightful! Mine is the tabby kitten that I adopted in 1995. She passed away in December 2011 and I still miss her terribly. She used to sit with me all the time at my desk when I worked on my projects and for a small cat, she had a huge personality. I have two other lovely girls, a long-haired gray tabby (11 years old) and a calico (4 years old).

We have 2 ASH albinos, both females, one with yellow eyes and the other with bi-color(blue and yellow)
A small ASH female with tabby / calico markings and a huge male Tabby / ASH with mostly tabby markings.

The yellow eyed female is the mother of the other 3.

It sounds like you have a very special family of cats. One of my beloved cats (who lived for over 18 years) was pregnant when I adopted her. I swear, I suffered from separation anxiety when I found good homes for those kittens and gave them away. I got so attached to them.

I'm not sensitive and promise not to cry if someone disagrees with me. I also love people with a sense of humor! :) I am impressed with the wide array of available emoticons, but selected a simple smiley. I also like vanilla ice cream. Once in awhile, however, I want to devour an entire carton of maple nut ... is that available at the kiosk?

You can drop by the The Cappucino Corral US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and ask and someone will probably provide it free of charge for first time visitors.

:D

And yes, a sense of humor is most welcome there.

Thank you for the welcome. I will browse the Cappucino Corral. I'll bring an oversized cup of coffee with a huge splash of crème brulee flavored creamer.
You may prefer The Coffee Shop.

No decaf there.

I don't like decaf, so that doesn't pose a problem for me.
I don't drink decaf either. :)

Hi Gracie!

Please,,,welcome...

Thank you for the welcome, Moonglow.

Hello Debra K...

welcometoasylum1_zpschgicyo0.jpg

In my case, my mom sometimes "accuses" me of Only having a work ethic so i can dig my own "drug tunnels".

Hi danielpalos. Your mother, as you portray her, is a delightful woman. I hope you pulled yourself out of the tunnels long enough to reward her with a few grandchildren.

don't let appearances fool you ... once I start swinging my literary sword ... oops, I think I borrowed that descriptive phrase from the nice fellow who allegedly lives in his mother's basement ...

Now Debra, has anyone but me mentioned literary swords??

Yes, DrDoomNGloom. Someone other than you mentioned "literary swords".

Why after I have been so cordial to you, would you then state "who allegedly lives in his mothers basement"??

Someone other than you playfully suggested that others who use the phrase live in their mother's basement ... in their underwear ... it was a joke.

My younger sister, following her divorce, actually did date a man who lived in his mother's basement. She broke up with him a few days after Valentine's Day one year. On the actual Valentine's Day, my sister and her boyfriend took his mother out for lunch. They had a lovely time and sister & boyfriend agreed they would celebrate, just the two of them, on the weekend and a nice date was planned. Sister spent hours preparing and beautifying herself and then went to the mother's house to collect her date. She found him in his basement bedroom sitting in his underwear atop his bed with his laptop computer on his lap. He didn't feel like going out after Sister spent hours getting ready for what should have been a romantic evening. Long story short, my sister was livid. They broke up and her description of that fateful day was hilarious. That's just a side story that flowed to my consciousness when another poster made a joke.

Did I at any point and time state anything of that nature??

You're either pulling my leg with feigned indignation ... or you're serious. If it's the latter, I did not intend to offend you. I enjoy people with a sense of humor, and if you don't have one ... that's nice to know too. At one time in the distant past, I lacked a sense of humor.

Moms dead, I am a grown man who owns his own house and is currently taking care of his wife of 26+ yrs and 30+ yr old son who can't seem to make it on his own.

We are equals, in this regard. My mother is also dead. (My father is dead too.) I am also a grown woman. My husband and I own a house and pay bills. My son stands in the same shoes as yours.

I kinda view what you state as derogatory, implying that I am incapable of paying bills / managing money / caring for ones self.

Now if being funny was your intent then some other person of interest would be more suitable.

I kind of view this as someone who wasn't following along with the thread and showing me that he is very sensitive or, alternatively, pulling my leg with feigned indignation. As a child and young adult, I was very sensitive.

One time my mother took my siblings and me on a road trip to visit my grandmother. We stopped along the way to visit another elderly lady. Mom warned us the neighborhood was unsafe and told us to lock the car doors. I left my purse in the car and locked the doors as instructed. I didn't know that my mother had dropped the car keys in a cubby hole rather than taking them with her. When it was time to leave, we were locked out of the car. My mother became so angry that she picked up a broken fence lath and beat me severely. That wasn't the first time I suffered what I believed to be an unfair punishment, and it wouldn't be the last. Over the years, my siblings however would often bring up that particular incident and I was very indignant about it. They would often say, remember the time mom beat Deb with a 2X4 ... and the fence lath kept growing in size ... remember the time mom beat Deb with the telephone pole. I grew a thicker skin. I learned how to take their humor and dish a little back.

If you are truly offended you, I am sorry. Perhaps there is something in your background that causes you pain and, if that is the case, I can empathize wholeheartedly.

Be careful about burning bridges behind you, just because we debate on the same side of the coin doesn't mean when the opportunity presents itself you want get thrown under the bus.

I will be careful ... but not so careful that I forget to have fun and enjoy life ...

Now Debra, has anyone but me mentioned literary swords??

Yes, DrDoomNGloom. Someone other than you mentioned "literary swords".

Why after I have been so cordial to you, would you then state "who allegedly lives in his mothers basement"??

Someone other than you playfully suggested that others who use the phrase live in their mother's basement ... in their underwear ... it was a joke.

My younger sister, following her divorce, actually did date a man who lived in his mother's basement. She broke up with him a few days after Valentine's Day one year. On the actual Valentine's Day, my sister and her boyfriend took his mother out for lunch. They had a lovely time and sister & boyfriend agreed they would celebrate, just the two of them, on the weekend and a nice date was planned. Sister spent hours preparing and beautifying herself and then went to the mother's house to collect her date. She found him in his basement bedroom sitting in his underwear atop his bed with his laptop computer on his lap. He didn't feel like going out after Sister spent hours getting ready for what should have been a romantic evening. Long story short, my sister was livid. They broke up and her description of that fateful day was hilarious. That's just a side story that flowed to my consciousness when another poster made a joke.

Did I at any point and time state anything of that nature??

You're either pulling my leg with feigned indignation ... or you're serious. If it's the latter, I did not intend to offend you. I enjoy people with a sense of humor, and if you don't have one ... that's nice to know too. At one time in the distant past, I lacked a sense of humor.

Moms dead, I am a grown man who owns his own house and is currently taking care of his wife of 26+ yrs and 30+ yr old son who can't seem to make it on his own.

We are equals, in this regard. My mother is also dead. (My father is dead too.) I am also a grown woman. My husband and I own a house and pay bills. My son stands in the same shoes as yours.

I kinda view what you state as derogatory, implying that I am incapable of paying bills / managing money / caring for ones self.

Now if being funny was your intent then some other person of interest would be more suitable.

I kind of view this as someone who wasn't following along with the thread and showing me that he is very sensitive or, alternatively, pulling my leg with feigned indignation. As a child and young adult, I was very sensitive.

One time my mother took my siblings and me on a road trip to visit my grandmother. We stopped along the way to visit another elderly lady. Mom warned us the neighborhood was unsafe and told us to lock the car doors. I left my purse in the car and locked the doors as instructed. I didn't know that my mother had dropped the car keys in a cubby hole rather than taking them with her. When it was time to leave, we were locked out of the car. My mother became so angry that she picked up a broken fence lath and beat me severely. That wasn't the first time I suffered what I believed to be an unfair punishment, and it wouldn't be the last. Over the years, my siblings however would often bring up that particular incident and I was very indignant about it. They would often say, remember the time mom beat Deb with a 2X4 ... and the fence lath kept growing in size ... remember the time mom beat Deb with the telephone pole. I grew a thicker skin. I learned how to take their humor and dish a little back.

If you are truly offended you, I am sorry. Perhaps there is something in your background that causes you pain and, if that is the case, I can empathize wholeheartedly.

Be careful about burning bridges behind you, just because we debate on the same side of the coin doesn't mean when the opportunity presents itself you want get thrown under the bus.

I will be careful ... but not so careful that I forget to have fun and enjoy life ...

Lucky you. Here only a short time and already witnessing the beginnings of a meltdown. Bring the kids and pets inside. If it doesn't blow over, it could get pretty windy soon.

Hello Debra K...

welcometoasylum1_zpschgicyo0.jpg

Hello AngelsNDemons. So far, it's been a hoot.

Welcome to the madhouse Debra. As you can see there are all kinds.

Forum List

Back