My name is Debra ... hello everyone!

Hello. My name is Debra. I am 57 years old and a semi-retired professional person. I am new to this discussion board. I am mostly interested in politics, government, and the rule of law. I love people who are respectful and challenge my thought processes. I think learning and growing as a person is one of life's greatest joys.
Stuff it!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot, this is an intro thread.......

Nice to meet ya, hope you enjoy your time here put on your favorite straight jacket and join right in........ :D

I dug through my closet and found my pink one and my blue one, but I couldn't find my favorite . . . wait, it was hanging on the back of my chair . . . never mind. Nice to meet you too.
Honestly, all joking aside, you will find good discussions from time to time, like gems hidden in the sewer......... Rhino skin is a plus and at least wearing finger cots to prevent against BTDs (Board Transmitted Diseases) will go a long way...... Hip waders that come up to your neck will be helpful on occasion. :thup:

Hello. My name is Debra. I am 57 years old and a semi-retired professional person. I am new to this discussion board. I am mostly interested in politics, government, and the rule of law. I love people who are respectful and challenge my thought processes. I think learning and growing as a person is one of life's greatest joys.

You won't be here for very long.

Thank you for the welcome. Does "Toro" mean "bull"? "Debra" means "bee".

That's nice.

Welcome.

Keep yoar expectations low.

Imma engish mayjor and will never phear you

Toro's a Canadian. He can't help it.
We massacre third world countries; they massacre the English language.
Et même le français aussi.

Welcome Debra.

I hope you remembered to wear your thickest skin. If not you can buy some of the skin thickener creams at the USMB kiosk next to the down escalator in the main forum.

:D

I'm not sensitive and promise not to cry if someone disagrees with me. I also love people with a sense of humor! :) I am impressed with the wide array of available emoticons, but selected a simple smiley. I also like vanilla ice cream. Once in awhile, however, I want to devour an entire carton of maple nut ... is that available at the kiosk?

You can drop by the The Cappucino Corral US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and ask and someone will probably provide it free of charge for first time visitors.

And yes, a sense of humor is most welcome there.

Thank you for the welcome. I will browse the Cappucino Corral. I'll bring an oversized cup of coffee with a huge splash of crème brulee flavored creamer.

Welcome Debra.

I hope you remembered to wear your thickest skin. If not you can buy some of the skin thickener creams at the USMB kiosk next to the down escalator in the main forum.

I'm not sensitive and promise not to cry if someone disagrees with me. I also love people with a sense of humor! :) I am impressed with the wide array of available emoticons, but selected a simple smiley. I also like vanilla ice cream. Once in awhile, however, I want to devour an entire carton of maple nut ... is that available at the kiosk?

You can drop by the The Cappucino Corral US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and ask and someone will probably provide it free of charge for first time visitors.

Thank you for the welcome. I will browse the Cappucino Corral. I'll bring an oversized cup of coffee with a huge splash of crème brulee flavored creamer.
And while your in the neighborhood stop by the Coffee Shop also. :thup:

Welcome Debra.

Welcome aboard! And remember: Today is likely the last time everyone will be kind to you.

img_62011.jpg

View attachment 44299 Wuzzup wuzzup! Welcome to de Fray.

Nice cat. Here's mine.

By the way every poster here is a liar. Except me.

Actually that's a lie...

Your cat is delightful! Mine is the tabby kitten that I adopted in 1995. She passed away in December 2011 and I still miss her terribly. She used to sit with me all the time at my desk when I worked on my projects and for a small cat, she had a huge personality. I have two other lovely girls, a long-haired gray tabby (11 years old) and a calico (4 years old).

Welcome Debra.

You may prefer The Coffee Shop.

No decaf there.

You sound sane...you'll never fit in here.

Hello. What if I told you that I'm entertaining the possibility that we all live in a computer program? Would I fit in then?

I guess in a sense some of us retired folks practically live here so thats not to much of a stretch... so no.:eusa_shifty:

That's funny. :)

Welcome to the boards.

You already been warned about the trolls, watch where you step, hip waders are advisable ................

Also be aware of the low life running interference ............

May your conversations be enlightening,

May the knowledge you share change others opinions,

And may you be victorious in most of your battles .....................

Thank you! Your words are so sweet and encouraging and perhaps curious when coming from someone who chose the user name "DrDoomNGloom". :wink_2:

The screen name / nick name came from a fire department I spent over 10 yrs in .............

I was one who fore told of the housing collapse and the steady decline of our society .................

While I could see what was going on and would try to warn others, they saw me as one who was trying to push doom and gloom.

In my exit conversation with my Chief he inked the blanks in along with remarking most had realized I was money and had had an uncanny gift to fore see what the state of the world is currently.

I myself have an unquenchable lust for life and happiness, not only for myself but for others as well.

I have an extremely sharp literary sword, I have taken the life out of more than one opponent on this forum, so some see me as doom and gloom when I show up to play..................

There are a couple of choices for you to choose from, let your eyes and your conscious guide you.

Later when you have made your determination you can let me know what you have decided.

Welcome Debra.

No decaf there.

I don't like decaf, so that doesn't pose a problem for me.

Your cat is delightful! Mine is the tabby kitten that I adopted in 1995. She passed away in December 2011 and I still miss her terribly. She used to sit with me all the time at my desk when I worked on my projects and for a small cat, she had a huge personality. I have two other lovely girls, a long-haired gray tabby (11 years old) and a calico (4 years old).

We have 2 ASH albinos, both females, one with yellow eyes and the other with bi-color(blue and yellow)
A small ASH female with tabby / calico markings and a huge male Tabby / ASH with mostly tabby markings.

The yellow eyed female is the mother of the other 3.

Welcome to the boards.

You already been warned about the trolls, watch where you step, hip waders are advisable ................

Also be aware of the low life running interference ............

May your conversations be enlightening,

May the knowledge you share change others opinions,

And may you be victorious in most of your battles .....................

Thank you! Your words are so sweet and encouraging and perhaps curious when coming from someone who chose the user name "DrDoomNGloom". :wink_2:

The screen name / nick name came from a fire department I spent over 10 yrs in .............

I was one who fore told of the housing collapse and the steady decline of our society .................

While I could see what was going on and would try to warn others, they saw me as one who was trying to push doom and gloom.

In my exit conversation with my Chief he inked the blanks in along with remarking most had realized I was money and had had an uncanny gift to fore see what the state of the world is currently.

I myself have an unquenchable lust for life and happiness, not only for myself but for others as well.

I have an extremely sharp literary sword, I have taken the life out of more than one opponent on this forum, so some see me as doom and gloom when I show up to play..................

There are a couple of choices for you to choose from, let your eyes and your conscious guide you.

Later when you have made your determination you can let me know what you have decided.

The bubble that burst ... too big to fail ... government bailout ... all so disgusting and preventable. If it hadn't been repealed, would the Glass-Steagall Act have prevented the crisis? many, many interesting topics in that arena. I also have huge zest for life. When my 2-year-old great-nephew grabs a book that I have already read to him dozens of times and he runs to me to read it again, and his face is all lit up with a smile that stretches from ear to ear, my heart just bursts with love and joy. I'll have to read some of your posts to get a clearer picture of your sword and how you wield it. Unlike my great-nephew who runs toward me, I might be running away from you. We'll see ...

Please,,,welcome...

Welcome Debra.

Welcome aboard! And remember: Today is likely the last time everyone will be kind to you.

img_62011.jpg

Thank you Ernie. At this moment, my hubby is on his way to the grocery store and maple nut ice cream is at the top of his list. I am thankful for his kindness, and I'll always have that ... even though it might not be true here. I will remain hopeful.

Welcome Debra.

No decaf there.

I don't drink decaf either. :)

No decaf there.

I don't drink decaf either. :)
You smoke it?

Forum List

Back