25) Seattle: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
26) Jacksonville: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
27) San Diego: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
28) Dallas: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
29) San Francisco (from Indianapolis): James Hardy, WR, Indiana
30) Green Bay: Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma
New England (Forfeited Pick):
31) NY Giants: Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee

Not sure why you have Philly picking a CB. We got Samuel, Sheppard, and Brown. All 3 are pro-bowl quality.

The only reason I could see that making sense is if they're going to pull the trigger on a deal I've heard about being in the works. Lito Sheppard to Detroit for Roy Williams.

Not sure why you have Philly picking a CB. We got Samuel, Sheppard, and Brown. All 3 are pro-bowl quality.

The only reason I could see that making sense is if they're going to pull the trigger on a deal I've heard about being in the works. Lito Sheppard to Detroit for Roy Williams.

Exactly. Trade fodder. Pick him because some other team that has what you want needs him.

I'd rather get a veteran who has a track record in the league then have to fork over millions to some kid who may or may not be good.

Thanks for pointing out that error. I must have keyed this hastily. It is actually
18) Houston: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
19) Philadelphia: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
20) Tampa Bay: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

What i really dont like is where i have Ryan. I originally had him with atlanta and then changed it. I now cannot see him falling past Atlanta, KC, and the Jets.

Thanks for pointing out that error. I must have keyed this hastily. It is actually

What i really dont like is where i have Ryan. I originally had him with atlanta and then changed it. I now cannot see him falling past Atlanta, KC, and the Jets.

I think the Jets would take Ryan over Gholston simply because of their QWB situation. Definitely one of the three will take him though.

Wow. I'd so much rather us pick a LB over a DT if we're going for defense on our first pick. We're pretty weak there right now, but we held opponents under 100ypg rushing last year, which had a lot to do with a strong line. Our LB situation is what needs the attention right now, not the line.

We could possibly add Balmer in with Lito Sheppard in a trade for Roy Williams though. I'd want more than just Lito for Williams if I was Detroit.

I think the Jets would take Ryan over Gholston simply because of their QWB situation. Definitely one of the three will take him though.

I'm happy we got Gholston. I would have preferred Chris Long, but I'll take Gholston's upside.

I'm also glad we didn't go after Ryan. I don't see any reason to. Clemens is still unproven and Pennington isn't going anywhere. There's no point in taking a QB at #6 or higher. Let's see what happens with Clemens... assuming Mangini starts him.

Edit: I'm also glad we didn't go after Leinart two years ago. QBs in the first round are too risky.

Forum List

Back