My mind is blown

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
As somebody that plays MOBAs fairly competitively I would have called this impossible for at least another decade had I not just seen this.

Elon Musk's A.I. just destroyed the world's best video gamers

How Elon Musk's A.I. Destroyed The World's Best Gamers in "DoTA 2' | Inverse

It happened with Chess and Go, and it finally happened with eSports. Elon Musk-backed Artificial Intelligence company “OpenAI” just used a bot to wallop the best DOTA2 players in the world. To be honest, it wasn’t even close. Instead of trying to program the perfect bot, OpenAI just created a bot that learned through trial and error. Over the course of playing thousands of games against itself, the bot kept the behaviors that lead to victory and shed the ones that got it killed. In just 6 months, it was better than the humans that had spent a lifetime building their skills.

As somebody that plays MOBAs fairly competitively I would have called this impossible for at least another decade had I not just seen this.

Elon Musk's A.I. just destroyed the world's best video gamers

How Elon Musk's A.I. Destroyed The World's Best Gamers in "DoTA 2' | Inverse

It happened with Chess and Go, and it finally happened with eSports. Elon Musk-backed Artificial Intelligence company “OpenAI” just used a bot to wallop the best DOTA2 players in the world. To be honest, it wasn’t even close. Instead of trying to program the perfect bot, OpenAI just created a bot that learned through trial and error. Over the course of playing thousands of games against itself, the bot kept the behaviors that lead to victory and shed the ones that got it killed. In just 6 months, it was better than the humans that had spent a lifetime building their skills.
interesting.

I wonder if the same ai could be used in real life battles.

think the idea of saving lives is just awesome.

People should be doing more productive things then playing video games anyway, unless they are simulations helping lives in someway.

Why don't they makes a video game based on surgeons trying to save lives? (or do they?)

People should be doing more productive things then playing video games anyway, unless they are simulations helping lives in someway.

Why don't they makes a video game based on surgeons trying to save lives? (or do they?)
A video game for kids to “play doctor”...? Slippery slope ahead!

• Banned

People should do whatever they get joy from; we live once. Either way this AI achievement is incredible.

People should do whatever they get joy from; we live once. Either way this AI achievement is incredible.

Well if we all did that we would have much of a society, but, if that's what society wants, that's what they will get.

A video game for kids to “play doctor”...? Slippery slope ahead!

I'm so naïve, sad...

New Topics

Forum List

Back