My midlife crisis

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
It's a sports car, of course, but this one is different:

I want to build it myself.

The Locost 7 is a homemade version of the famous Lotus Seven. The Mazda Miata is a popular vehicle to get the drivetrain from, but I prefer something domestic. I'd like to use a Chevy 350. :lol:

Some guys race them. Some do autocross. I just want to cruise.

e1done3.jpg

The Locost 7 is a homemade version of the famous Lotus Seven. The Mazda Miata is a popular vehicle to get the drivetrain from, but I prefer something domestic. I'd like to use a Chevy 350. :lol:

e1done3.jpg

That is very *kewl* looking. I also love riding in the Mazda Miata, my friend from WA drives when he comes to visit....Tight squeeze. :eusa_dance:

e1done3.jpg

That is very *kewl* looking. I also love riding in the Mazda Miata, my friend from WA drives when he comes to visit....Tight squeeze. :eusa_dance:
Not a lot of room in them. Luckily, since I'll build it myself, I can make it any dimensions I want. :)

e1done3.jpg
Build it, and they will come. :)

e1done3.jpg
Build it, and they will come. :)
...but only one at a time. There's only one passenger seat. :lol:

You built that?

Cool.
No, not yet, I haven't. But I want to. To that end, I've been taking welding classes at the local tech college. Have done stick and MIG so far. Taking TIG this fall. Welding's fun. I've gotten to use it at work, too. Been a while since the shop had someone who could weld.

Stick with it..and good luck.

I want a turn at driving that sucker.

:cool:

nice project...word of advice....i have a friend who builds airplanes....from kits....do not do this in your living room...its not fun to remove half the wall to get it out....i didnt understand why he couldnt dismantle it and rebuild it...but he took out his bay window and most of the living room wall

You built that?

Cool.
No, not yet, I haven't. But I want to. To that end, I've been taking welding classes at the local tech college. Have done stick and MIG so far. Taking TIG this fall. Welding's fun. I've gotten to use it at work, too. Been a while since the shop had someone who could weld.

Stick with it..and good luck.

I want a turn at driving that sucker.

:cool:
Any tickets you get are your own. :lol:

nice project...word of advice....i have a friend who builds airplanes....from kits....do not do this in your living room...its not fun to remove half the wall to get it out....i didnt understand why he couldnt dismantle it and rebuild it...but he took out his bay window and most of the living room wall

:eek: No, no welding in the living room. And no washing parts in the dishwasher, either. :lol:

Good luck on the project Dave.
driving.gif

It is one of the most satisfying things to see a vehicle that you built from the ground up... Ive done it once and cant wait to afford my next toy.

Very cool looking. Reminds me of the Ariel Atom.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA]Top Gear - Ariel Atom - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Zero to 60 in...2.9 seconds!

Last edited:
You should dedicate this thread to your project, giving us updates on the build etc... that would be very kewl.

Forum List

Back