My local paper's editor is a f---ing liberal moron

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Our local paper runs a column by one of its editors. The guy is an unabashed Bush hater... he's not only vocal in his hatred of Bush (just as he was of Reagan, the first Bush and every Republican administration in his lifetime), but is very nasty about it.

Here is a sample of one of his gems... BTW.... this appeared in our local paper less than a week ago.... notice how the guy simply refuses to get it...

That's understandable. You want your side to win and if that means ignoring facts or spinning them to your advantage, well, that's the way the game is played. (See the oxymoronic Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, or just about every argument put forward by the Cheney/Bush administration to justify invading Iraq.)

Sure, it's ironic in the extreme that the St. Patrick's Four are going to prison for physically protesting an uncalled for and unjustifiable war, while the main architects of that war, Cheney and Rumsfeld should be on trial as war criminals and their front man, Bush, should be indicted for impersonating a president.

But life, as Jack Kennedy noted, is unfair. And while the aforementioned Cheney/Bush gang may refuse to acknowledge it, we are a nation of laws. And the fact that we are governed by a scofflaw administration that considers itself above the law, does not entitle the rest of us, the SPF included, to ignore those laws. That way anarchy lies.
I love the way this guy spins it all....

He also has written other gems that I can't find.... e.g. calling Bush "The Idiot In Charge", "Daddy's Boy", comparing Ronald Reagan to Typhoid Mary and so forth.

This guy's been on a tear for about 30 years. It must frustrate him that he didn't land that position at the New York Times....

BTW.... The SPF (St. Patrick's Four) are four anti-war protesters that were arrested, tried and convicted of vandalizing government property (by pouring their blood on government buildings), inciting a small riot and just simply acting unruly. They have been the object of adoration for the local left wing for weeks. Local churches have been holding masses for these felons... it's enough to make a decent person puke.

Our local bunch of liberal left wing activists are quite a collection of people. Many are wannabe big city liberals that fate has been cruel to. Instead of placing them in more enlightened parts of the country e.g. New York City, they've been forced to live up here in this cow pasture... if only the local people were as enlightened as they are!!!!!

Some of them are transplants from New York City. They're attracted by the country life, and by the fact that everything is much cheaper up here. Unfortunately, they also bring their attitudes with them.

Frankly, like any sane person, I find their condescension intolerable.... and most locals can't stand the sight of them.

i still cant believe they are bitter about the swift boat vets and trying to act as though it was some conspiracy against Kerry.

First, Kerry was the idiot who kept making his service in Vietnam an issue.

Second, the Swift boat vets served with Kerry. They saw him first hand. I mean there is no way eye witnesses could be telling the truth.

This wouldnt have been such a huge deal if Kerry wasnt out there every chance he got saying "When I was in Vietnam"

jack kennedy,....now there is a pillar of moral, ethical and lawful behaviour to be compared to

This wouldnt have been such a huge deal if Kerry wasnt out there every chance he got saying "When I was in Vietnam"

I'm having flashbacks of the DNC where Kerry stood there with his slogan,"Ready to Serve". I was literally ROFL

:rotflmao:

btw if your paper is really that bad, ever thought of starting your own to counteract it?

btw if your paper is really that bad, ever thought of starting your own to counteract it?
I believe that the online media is where it's at now. I don't subscribe to our local paper because they have all the important information on their website, which is free.

I'll send in a letter to the editor on occasion.

BTW... a local message board exists, too. That's where I got started. However, the quality of discussion on that board had gotten to the point where it was at the level of a first grader's mentality. The primary reason was that no one had to register to post, so people could post anything, and not be banned. Those of us who wanted to have an adult discussion about serious topics had to shout over the myriad of "guests" who were not contributing to the discussions and were hell bent on flaming people, disrupting the topic and so on. Just imagine what this board would be like if jimnyc followed the same policy! At least on this board, such people soon become history.

So, I decided to move on to a better message board, and that's how you all got stuck with me! :)

Some people will claim that USMB's policy is censorship, but I can tell you from experience that posters that do not contribute anything but insults, and childish comments drive away all the good posters. That is exactly what happened to local board.

I went back once to see how things were and not to my surprise, the level of discussion was still in the toilet.

musicman said:
Two of my favorite joys in life are tough, objective journalism, and fine writing.

What does Rossie call THIS bullshit?

thanks for the validation.... it's nice to know that someone who never heard of Mr Rossie or the Press and Sun Bulletin feels the same way I do...

KarlMarx said:
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but this latest one from our local editor is a freaking GEM!!!!!!!

The man has outdone himself!!

This man has missed his calling, he's is so full of venom, instead of journalism, he should have learned how to weave a web and catch bugs and rodents....

I wonder if the dumbass is aware he's argued down his own point:

David Rossie

"...I've hunted upland birds - pheasants, grouse, woodcock and Hungarian partridge - for more than 50 years, and I've never heard of the protocol to which Armstrong referred.

I've never hunted with more than two other hunters at a time...".

I'll give the man this - he somehow manages to be a despicable creep and a pathetic buffoon at the same time. Pretty neat trick!

Forum List

Back