My life has just changed

I have never done three dogs but I have done two dogs.

It is one of the cool things about more than one that they wear each other out playing.

Terriers are determined little guys but will learn and it sounds like your guy is learning to play with other dogs.

They are so much happier when they can play with other dogs well.

Its so sweet to see them lounging together after a good play session.

At least we love dogs AB , that is one thing we CAN agree on.

There is no better way to be kept busy then playing with three dogs. I envy you, as We are apartment dwellers at this time and can not have dogs. Cool for you.

Good luck with you doggie pack, TM. Sounds like a rewarding and fun life change for you.

Congratulations

I have a 14 month old tri-color female Aussie. You will find them to be very close in temprement to a Border Collie. Dogs are smart as hell and at times too damn smart

Good luck

They are wonderful dogs.

I used to have one for 14 years and she died a couple of years ago.

If you keep an eye out on commercials you will see that MANY commercials use aussies and border collies in them.

They are both just beautiful animals.

My last aussie was a pound puppy too and she was nearly all black with a few white toes and a little white on her chest.

She had prick ears( standing straight up) instead of folded ones and in a breeding world (if she was a pure aussie) she would have been likely put down because they consider prick ears a major breed flaw.

She was the smartest dog I ever met. She introduced me to my perfect breed grouping which is herding dogs.

They are not for the person who invisions a dog laying by the fire while they watch TV.

They are for the person who wants the dog to be their constant companion who insists you play ball or frizbee, enjoy a good long hike and visit the dog park so much everyone knows yours and their names.

You sound like me, a person who relishes this type of relationship with a creature.

Its been two days and I cant envision how I lived without them before.

Incredibly smart but the herding instinct gets to be a bit much. They have to herd SOMETHING. My previous Aussie would herd the kids to bed and then bark at them if they got up. She would herd me off to work and the kids off to school. This one knows when it is a weekend vs a work day and acts accordingly.
She is very schedule oriented and gets upset if you try to change the routine.

Very true , my last Aussie would tell me when to go to bed and when to take her to the dog park.

She could tell time I swear.

I get a kick out of having an animal that felt some control over their own life.

To me is was sweet and funny.

If at any point I did not want to do what she was asking for I would jsut tell her flat out.

Mommy NO go to bed , YOU go nite nite.

She would arrhumph and shuffle off to bed.

My current big boy ( one in picture ) insists on having the last word in any conversation we have.

Its always a little "rumph" from him at the end of whatever we are discussing.

Congratulations on the new hound doggies... We have 3 dogs. Two beagles and a Chihuahua. Life is good with 3 dogs. Hope you will enjoy them all for years to come.

In Merry old England the people used to put dogs in bed with them to keep warm, when it was really cold they'd add a dog, there were a lot of "Three Dog Nights" in Merry old England. True story.

They are wonderful dogs.

I used to have one for 14 years and she died a couple of years ago.

If you keep an eye out on commercials you will see that MANY commercials use aussies and border collies in them.

They are both just beautiful animals.

My last aussie was a pound puppy too and she was nearly all black with a few white toes and a little white on her chest.

She had prick ears( standing straight up) instead of folded ones and in a breeding world (if she was a pure aussie) she would have been likely put down because they consider prick ears a major breed flaw.

She was the smartest dog I ever met. She introduced me to my perfect breed grouping which is herding dogs.

They are not for the person who invisions a dog laying by the fire while they watch TV.

They are for the person who wants the dog to be their constant companion who insists you play ball or frizbee, enjoy a good long hike and visit the dog park so much everyone knows yours and their names.

You sound like me, a person who relishes this type of relationship with a creature.

Its been two days and I cant envision how I lived without them before.

Incredibly smart but the herding instinct gets to be a bit much. They have to herd SOMETHING. My previous Aussie would herd the kids to bed and then bark at them if they got up. She would herd me off to work and the kids off to school. This one knows when it is a weekend vs a work day and acts accordingly.
She is very schedule oriented and gets upset if you try to change the routine.

Very true , my last Aussie would tell me when to go to bed and when to take her to the dog park.

She could tell time I swear.

I get a kick out of having an animal that felt some control over their own life.

To me is was sweet and funny.

If at any point I did not want to do what she was asking for I would jsut tell her flat out.

Mommy NO go to bed , YOU go nite nite.

She would arrhumph and shuffle off to bed.

My current big boy ( one in picture ) insists on having the last word in any conversation we have.

Its always a little "rumph" from him at the end of whatever we are discussing.

He's got his work cut out for him.. that's for sure, that's something we here on this board can't manage. :eusa_angel:

They are allowed on part of mine.

You just have to clean up after them.

There is even a part designed just for the dogs to run free

Thanks TM we don't always agree but today we are spot on. We have a 12 year old Chessie with bad hips, not sure how much longer we will have her but she brings us joy each day.

I wish I was as good as my dog thinks I am.

Congratulations on the new hound doggies... We have 3 dogs. Two beagles and a Chihuahua. Life is good with 3 dogs. Hope you will enjoy them all for years to come.

In Merry old England the people used to put dogs in bed with them to keep warm, when it was really cold they'd add a dog, there were a lot of "Three Dog Nights" in Merry old England. True story.

I thought that originated here with the cowboys out west, sleeping around a campfire?

TM . . . . post pics of the doggies!!

My city only allows a maximum of 2 dogs per household unless you can obtain a permit for more. My friend does aussie rescue so he is permitted & has 3+ dogs all the time. He has an aussie, a border collie & a blue heeler. These are very smart dogs. The border collie & blue heeler dominate the aussie & all the rescue dogs.

Those dogs keep my friend very busy. Lots of dog hair to clean up, grooming, walking, vet visits, searching, chasing & feeding.

Congrats! and thanks for rescuing.
There's an australian shepherd in the obedience class I'm currently in with my boy. Energetic little sucker, but his owner is a perfect match and it's a pleasure to watch them work.

Do you plan on doing any agility stuff? They have a lot of energy that needs to be used up.

Forum List

Back