My life, and my love of it...

As one that has been something of a loner most of my life, I do not intend to divorce the society that I live in. We all live for the sake of those arround us to some extent. From the taxes we pay for projects that serve us and those around us, to supporting our children.

I really don't think that Ann Rynd is someone to be taken seriously. Much better the read Ben Franklin's philosophy concerning life.

So, did you vote "yes" in that poll about donating an extra percentage of your income to the Federal government?

I can't understand why he should donate an extra measure to the feds. Explain that.
It's quite simple, really. If paying taxes helps people and is a good thing, then paying more taxes helps more people and is a better thing.

...or is paying more taxes just for the other guy?

As one that has been something of a loner most of my life, I do not intend to divorce the society that I live in. We all live for the sake of those arround us to some extent. From the taxes we pay for projects that serve us and those around us, to supporting our children.

I really don't think that Ann Rynd is someone to be taken seriously. Much better the read Ben Franklin's philosophy concerning life.

Funny, Franklin is one of my favorate quotes:

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." - Relating to prices and the poor, 1766

For some reason I dont think you'd listen to him on this matter any more than Ann

Isn't that a wonderful quote from times when the poor couldn't be helped by the poor. And now the greatest nation on earth is still unable to help it's poor become richer.
How many trillions have been spent on the War on Poverty? It's a quagmire with no exit strategy.

His whole shtick is that paying taxes is a bad thing. And that defunding the government is a good thing. People like him seems to think that sewage systems, schools, and universities grow on trees.

You can only let them go through the decline to understand. What is amusing that they deny they are responsible for where we are headed.
Ummm...I'm not the one advocating a bloated, unsustainable nanny state government.

His whole shtick is that paying taxes is a bad thing. And that defunding the government is a good thing. People like him seems to think that sewage systems, schools, and universities grow on trees.

You can only let them go through the decline to understand. What is amusing that they deny they are responsible for where we are headed.
Ummm...I'm not the one advocating a bloated, unsustainable nanny state government.

but the flipside doesn't have to be some dickensian/randian nightmare.

as a political philosopher, ayn rand was a great novelist.

not that great. when I tried reading her works, I found myself dozing off during her excessively wordy religious allegories

Indeed. I want the maximum amount of personal liberty for everyone conducive with polite and civilized society.
Never read any of her work.

How is people taking care of themselves a nightmare?

How is people taking care of themselves a nightmare?

There is a difference between "people taking care of themselves," and certain individuals being given a vast prerogative over the lives of others. Even Rand's disciple Greenspan eventually realized the error

Man is a pack animal and has millions of years of counter programing to compete with Ayn Rand silly assed selfish nonsense.

Humans are designed to live with and for other human beings.

Rand was a silly little human being who had a pretty sad little life.

Funny, Franklin is one of my favorate quotes:

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." - Relating to prices and the poor, 1766

For some reason I dont think you'd listen to him on this matter any more than Ann

Isn't that a wonderful quote from times when the poor couldn't be helped by the poor. And now the greatest nation on earth is still unable to help it's poor become richer.
How many trillions have been spent on the War on Poverty? It's a quagmire with no exit strategy.

Their strategy is total capitulation of the people. Save for their attacks on Conservatives whom get what they're doing and meet them with very stiff resistance...and they are trying to take away the means for our counter offensive to stop them dead cold in thier tracks.

Man is a pack animal and has millions of years of counter programing to compete with Ayn Rand silly assed selfish nonsense.

oH THE FUCKING IRONY AND ON cHRISTMAS EVE TOO :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

oH THE FUCKING IRONY AND ON cHRISTMAS EVE TOO :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

the modern cargo-cult Christmas is indeed ironic

The right seems to USE christains.

Their heros are anti religion yet they pretend to the party of the morally superior christians.

How Americans buy this clap trap is beyond me.

Then isn't it odd that people don't seem to naturally live for each other, and that communal behavior has to be forced by law with threat of sanction?

Their strategy is total capitulation of the people. Save for their attacks on Conservatives whom get what they're doing and meet them with very stiff resistance...and they are trying to take away the means for our counter offensive to stop them dead cold in thier tracks.
The War on Poverty is nothing more than a Democrat vote-buying scheme.

Seems to be working good in that regard.

Forum List

Back