My letter to my Senator

B

bamthin

Dear Senator,

I am a veteran of the US military and I am currently employed as a civilian contractor supporting the US Department of Defense. I have devoted my life to serving in some capacity to help preserve the great way of life we have here in America.

I have become increasingly concerned with the policy that the US has pursued in its decision to use force abroad. I am also the father of four sons. I would be proud of my sons if they chose to serve this great nation by protecting it as members of our Armed Services. However, I would be furious if they gave their lives in discretionary military campaigns that are not absolutely necessary and not used as a last resort. I do not feel that Iraq has met that burden. Don't get me wrong. I support the troops and I pray daily that they return as quickly as possible.

I would like your promise that you will not agree to any more arbitrary authorizations to use force for President Bush. Sadly, I do not trust him to exercise restraint when deciding to put our young kids in harm's way. I understand that the use of force may be required again in the near future, but I want that decision to be made by Congress via a declaration of war.

Thank you

Originally posted by jon_forward
by the time congress agreed on anything we all will be pushing up daisy and hell will be selling ice water by the barrel...

except when it comes to them getting their pay raise

Dear Senator,

Can you please lobby congress for a reduction in prices of Reynolds wrap? The conspiracies are more than I can handle alone and I'm afraid I need protection from 'the man'.

Thank you

P.S.

And please tell those Black Helicopters to quit spying on me. I can't hear them, but I know they're there. They're silent, I know all about them.

My senators are Charles Schumer and Hillary Clinton. Do you think that if I wrote to them about ANYTHING I'd be well received? Dear Hillary: Please stop f'ing up my country. Your constituent, William Joyce, 1377 Herkimer Street, Brooklyn, NY.

Forum List

Back