My last sunday!

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
Today is my last Sunday before shipping out and I'm going to make the most of it. There's something special about Sundays. The weekday hustle and bustle slows down and life takes on a much more leisurely pace. The sounds of nature take over from the roar of traffic as those facing the daily grind competing for each other's piece of road lie in bed or tend their gardens. The leisurely stroll to the pub at midday. The uncontrollable stagger back at 1500hrs.

I'm going to take a long walk this morning and drink in all the sights and sounds of an English Sunday morning so that I have something to hold onto for the next seven months. You know, it's amazing how much we take for granted and how much we don't really notice...until you have to leave them behind.

So, that's my plan for this morning. Drink in the sights and sounds of an English Sunday morning and commit them to memory. Something of home to draw upon whilst in the shit of Afghanistan. Then at midday, a final thrash down the pub with my pals.

By 1500hrs, after sevaral pints of ale and rum chasers, Alcoholic confusion will reign and the sights and sounds of an English Sunday morning will be completely forgotten. Thank fuck for that. It's the beer and rum chasers I want to commit to memory!

Today is my last Sunday before shipping out and I'm going to make the most of it. There's something special about Sundays. The weekday hustle and bustle slows down and life takes on a much more leisurely pace. The sounds of nature take over from the roar of traffic as those facing the daily grind competing for each other's piece of road lie in bed or tend their gardens. The leisurely stroll to the pub at midday. The uncontrollable stagger back at 1500hrs.

I'm going to take a long walk this morning and drink in all the sights and sounds of an English Sunday morning so that I have something to hold onto for the next seven months. You know, it's amazing how much we take for granted and how much we don't really notice...until you have to leave them behind.

So, that's my plan for this morning. Drink in the sights and sounds of an English Sunday morning and commit them to memory. Something of home to draw upon whilst in the shit of Afghanistan. Then at midday, a final thrash down the pub with my pals.

By 1500hrs, after several pints of ale and rum chasers, Alcoholic confusion will reign and the sights and sounds of an English Sunday morning will be completely forgotten. Thank fuck for that. It's the beer and rum chasers I want to commit to memory!

Enjoy!! Stay safe Marine.
BTW, while you're over there see if you can locate someone who has discovered modern dentistry. :tongue::eek::lol:
(Hell, we're still trying to import it into West Virginia. :lol:)

As an ex-Navy man I wish you fair winds and following seas and I hope they blow you back home safely.

I believe it's safe to say that a few ladies here would have been happy to give you a memory to hold onto were it logistically possible. Be sure and bring home everything you went with.... :)

Hey Babe:

beer.jpg

Cheers!

:beer:

Bootneck, you might want to start drinking a ton of water instead of pints! Those pints will be very costly. LOL

Take care and they do have downtime and internet there. I know, my son just got back, but then again he is a fly boy

Bootneck, you might want to start drinking a ton of water instead of pints! Those pints will be very costly. LOL

Take care and they do have downtime and internet there. I know, my son just got back, but then again he is a fly boy
An Army pal of mine has access, too. I hear from him often.

Keep your head down while in sheet head land Boot, and whether you're a Christian or not, may God watch over you and keep you safe.

We'll miss you bunches, Bootneck.

And remember, if you need backup - just holler and we'll get our best operative over there for you. (As long as you have a supply of chocolate, you should be able to keep her on your side.) ;)

pms-woman-with-gun.jpg

Forum List

Back