My kitty cats have trichotillomania

It was mildly annoying when they were just making patches where we could see their white skin where black hair should be. We worried about hairballs. But mostly we tried to gently distract them when we caught them. We had hope they'd get past it, like another of our cats who stripped the hair off his tail for about a year but then quit.

One of our boys now has a raw patch though and I don't know what to do for him. :( It's in an awkward place - hard to cover - and we can't watch him every minute.

You think THAT is annoying?

My pit bull female was in heat recently and now the male breaths feverishly and dry humps everything the female came into contact with over the last two weeks. That includes all of my pillows and bedding cuz they both sleep with me but he was away for a week gaurding another property. He has been jumping up on the bed and pulling the covers and pillows up in piles with his front paws and fucking the shit out of these piles ALL DAY LONG!!! THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING!!!

Just saying...:lol:

Have you tried an elizabethan collar? I think they come in your size. Won't help the dog, but with a restricted field of vision you'll not be aware of what's going on.

:lmao:

Oh, and HUGGY.... my wife also hates it when I pile our pillows up and hump them :tongue:

Last edited:
You might look for a product called Vet's Best Bitter Cherry. It's alcohol free so it doesn't sting or dissipate quickly and is some of the nastiest tasting stuff on the planet.

He's getting used to his collar. Did I mention it's not soft? It's not hard plastic and it's called "comfy" but it's pretty stiff.

Poor fellow looked like he'd be awake all night because he couldn't figure out where to put his head.

And I was afraid I'd be up all night worrying about him getting snagged on something and suffocating.

But he's getting used to it.

We took it off this morning for him to eat. I left the room for a couple of minutes and he was straight back to licking the sore leg. He must have had a lot of licking to get caught up on.

So now he gets watched all the time he's eating and straight back to the collar.

could try dabbing a little 'Phooey' on the spot. One lick of that bitter apple and he'll not lick that spot again for a few months, OR he'll aquire a weird taste for it.

could try dabbing a little 'Phooey' on the spot. One lick of that bitter apple and he'll not lick that spot again for a few months, OR he'll aquire a weird taste for it.

funny aside story..

ball of energy jack russell yearling.... was just chewing the hell out of the legs on the furniture. They got the Bitter apple stuff and put it all over everything... and he LOVED it all the more... just was in heaven chewing away.

they finally figured it out... as a pup they would throw tiny green apples for him to chase..

the dog was thinking.... woohoo... puppy chew toys!!!

funny aside story..

ball of energy jack russell yearling.... was just chewing the hell out of the legs on the furniture. They got the Bitter apple stuff and put it all over everything... and he LOVED it all the more... just was in heaven chewing away.

they finally figured it out... as a pup they would throw tiny green apples for him to chase..

the dog was thinking.... woohoo... puppy chew toys!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdQJY-S4zbU&feature=related]Joker laugh - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back