My Kansas City Royals came up woefully short this year.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Today is our last game and a chance to end the season at 500. Early on we lost nine straight and I feared that was a sign of things to come.
Having said that I appreciate the excitement they brought to us the last couple years.

GO ROYALS!

Today is our last game and a chance to end the season at 500. Early on we lost nine straight and I feared that was a sign of things to come.
Having said that I appreciate the excitement they brought to us the last couple years.

GO ROYALS!

their MY royals as well.:up: They came up short thanks to David ASS ruining the best bullpen combo in the Major leagues when they had HDH.:mad:

you being a fellow Royals fan,did you always have the same thoughts i did back in the 70's growing up.? which was I always said-Man if the royals would get rid of that idiot Whitey Herzog,they would beat the yankees.

The proof was in the pudding thats all they ever needed to do as well because once they followed my advise,sure enough they finally did beat them in a sweep 3 straight no less thanks to George Bretts Clutch home run,one of the most dramatic in playoff history.:thup:

the white rat fucking cost them everytime against the yankees.Paul Splittorf would be mowing them down baffling all the hitters and they could not hit jack shit and he would of course always take him out and leave it to the weakness of their bullpen which always blew it for them.:mad:

He wasnt a good manager,he just INHERITED a very talented team the previous manager built.same thing happened with Ned Yost,it was Trey Hilman that built them and made them into a winner. Yost same as the white rat,just inherited a talented team the previous manager built.

history seems to repeat itself.

speaking of bretts homer,ah these were the good old days,when the game USED to be fun to watch back when players actually stayed with one team their whole careers.:mad:

doest this bring back such fond memories? my favorite moment in kc royal history.:)

pissed me off when they got rid of the powder blues.i could not follow their road games anymore after that.

Last edited:
  • Banned

GO ROYALS!

their MY royals as well.:up: They came up short thanks to David ASS ruining the best bullpen combo in the Major leagues when they had HDH.:mad:

you being a fellow Royals fan,did you always have the same thoughts i did back in the 70's growing up.? which was I always said-Man if the royals would get rid of that idiot Whitey Herzog,they would beat the yankees.

The proof was in the pudding thats all they ever needed to do as well because once they followed my advise,sure enough they finally did beat them in a sweep 3 straight no less thanks to George Bretts Clutch home run,one of the most dramatic in playoff history.:thup:

the white rat fucking cost them everytime against the yankees.Paul Splittorf would be mowing them down baffling all the hitters and they could not hit jack shit and he would of course always take him out and leave it to the weakness of their bullpen which always blew it for them.:mad:

He wasnt a good manager,he just INHERITED a very talented team the previous manager built.same thing happened with Ned Yost,it was Trey Hilman that built them and made them into a winner. Yost same as the white rat,just inherited a talented team the previous manager built.

speaking of bretts homer,ah these were the good old days,when the game USED to be fun to watch back when players actually stayed with one team their whole careers.:mad:

doest this bring back such fond memories? my favorite moment in kc royal history.:)

Yeah, the 80's were pretty great. Brett was a great player but he is an A1 Asshole.

GO ROYALS!

Yeah, the 80's were pretty great. Brett was a great player but he is an A1 Asshole.

Very true,he is a hell of a baseball player,that cant be denied but yeah you are so correct,he is an asshole in real life.Makes me wonder how he has any friends.

Frank White though is just the oppossite,a real class guy,very friendly.He will be out there at T bone games greeting and talking to people and sign your baseball for free.Brett seldom ever does,I just got lucky when one day when he made a rare appearance and did sign mine since he was signing them for everyone. Unlike white,you go up to him individually and ask him to sign it,he will charge you like 50 bucks.

• Banned

GO ROYALS!

Very true,he is a hell of a baseball player,that cant be denied but yeah you are so correct,he is an asshole in real life.Makes me wonder how he has any friends.

Frank White though is just the oppossite,a real class guy,very friendly.He will be out there at T bone games greeting and talking to people and sign your baseball for free.Brett seldom ever does,I just got lucky when one day when he made a rare appearance and did sign mine since he was signing them for everyone. Unlike white,you go up to him individually and ask him to sign it,he will charge you like 50 bucks.

My ex wife was a Chiefs cheerleader so we went to a lot of parties with players from both teams. Charity events & such and Brett was always a stick in the mud. Pisses me off that he got a bridge named after him.

Hosmer just hammered a homerun. Great ending to his season.

the last two years have been great for me in baseball.

I was hoping the year the Royals beat the Mets to win their second world series title,that the Cubs would get there and the Royals and Cubs would square off in the world series since the Royals are my favorite team and the Cubs have always been my second.
I was really hoping for that since that way,one of them would have been assured of winning it all.:up:

But something better came about.The Royals won it two years ago and then the Cubs won it the second year.That was an even BETTER scenario than I could have hoped for,who would have thunked.:banana::clap:

Unless you follow the royals as we do,not many people know that the MAJOR reason the Cubs won that series last year is Cub fans have none other than a former ROYAL to thank for them winning the series last year.:thup: he was very instrumental in the Cubs coming back and winning after being down 3-1 same as the royals were in 85.:thup::banana:

the ROYAL way was responsible for the Cubs breaking an 108 year old curse.:up:

Yeah, I am used to Pirates coming up woefully short. It also doesn't help that we have one of the worst owners in sports.

Yeah, I am used to Pirates coming up woefully short. It also doesn't help that we have one of the worst owners in sports.

The Pirates are my second favorite team in the NL because of Clint Hurdle.Yeah when you got an owner who wont even spend the bucks to keep the catcher,thats tough.them being one of my favorite teams I hate it they are losing as well.

He is as bad as the Royals owner David ASS.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
20171001_144249.jpg

My last outdoor Royals excursion for the year. Can't wait for next season. Tomorrow night we're breaking in the Chiefs season with a big get together & bbq

The Pirates are my second favorite team in the NL because of Clint Hurdle.Yeah when you got an owner who wont even spend the bucks to keep the catcher,thats tough.them being one of my favorite teams I hate it they are losing as well.

He is as bad as the Royals owner David ASS.

Spend Nutting, Win Nutting. lol

And our best players all get pulled to a standing ovation from the stadium & Arizona dugout.

FUCKING SUCKS that the season & possibly the best team we've ever had is done. I fear our losses during the off season.

Forum List

Back