My interesting Night with Market Research

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Sep 15, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I had an interesting evening tonight. I went to a market research study based on "voting" as the general category. So i assumed politics was on the bill and went there as the young conservative. Eventually it was discovered that we were to discuss the Fairtax. For those unaware of what the fairtax is heres a quick link to give you the run down.

http://www.fairtax.org/

Heres a list of the cosponsors along with John Linder (R) of GA.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:HR00025:@@@P

With those in bold i think i can trust it.

At first the way it was presented had me skeptical. I see the benefits if the new system is implemented properly. Im just worried about it being a bigger scam because the government never truly does with less money. Also my one big worry is the proposal is that a poverty line is drawn. Everyone receives 23% of that poverty line in the form of a rebate. So say the poverty line is $18000. Whether you make $500,000 or $10,000, you still get a rebate of $4140. I see this as a big welfare check to those that have no incentive to get a job. But on the whole it seems like a good idea. It cuts the fat out of the tax code which is ridiculous right now and makes it simply "fair" for everyone.

According to the presenter, it ill will be presented to congress within the next 2 to 3 months. So be on the lookout. It was an interesting evening to say the least.

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Rep Tancredo, Thomas G. [CO-6] - 4/30/2003

This is my Rep. Tom Tancredo is one of the better Reps in DC.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Saw his name too, but didnt know anything about him other than the recent overhype he got in the media for something he said. I dont even remember it now but i recognized his name.