My impression with certain so-called white people say that president Obama was an embarassment.

william104

Oct 16, 2018
President Obama who endured fierce unAmerican right wing extremist attacks on his administration for eight grueling years but stayed the course. Yet despite that, President Obama's administrtion saved the auto industry, spared the economy from a second great depression, spared the world of a terrible economic and strategic calamity and sustained the budget deficit at all time low accomplishment etc. Additionally President Obama ended the Iraq war, got Osama and Kadaffi. Therefore, it appears these bigot fools fail to realize the office of the U.S. Presidency does not limit one's so-called racial or perceived racial background from serving according to U.S. Constitutional law. As such President Obama through it all ended his two terms with a stellar over 60% approval rating among the majority of America and noted among historians as one of the best presidents of U.S. history. President Obama, my legitimate and constitutionally in compliance president until further notice:

Pastor: When White Folks Say Obama Was an “Embarrassment”, Here’s What You Say.

One of the common responses to criticism of Donald Trump by his voters is something along the lines “Obama was an embarrassment for 8 years.” One Christian pastor is calling out that notion.

John Pavlovitz has penned an open letter to those white Trump voters, informing them that no, in fact, they weren’t embarrassed by the former President:

Were you embarrassed by his lone and enduring twenty-five year marriage to a strong woman he’s never ceased to publicly praise, respect, or cherish?

Were you embarrassed by the way he lovingly and sweetly parented and protected his daughters?

Pavolovitz asked these, along with a lot of other relevant questions. Here is the entire post:

“I remember the day after the Election, a friend of mine who happens to be white, remarked on social media that he “finally wasn’t embarrassed of America and our President.”

I sprained my eyes rolling them and they have never fully recovered.

Since then I’ve heard this sentiment echoed by more white folks than I can count, especially in recent months; supposed relief at once again having a leader who instills pride.

Since I don’t have the time to ask each of the individually, I’ll ask here:

So, you were embarrassed for the past 8 years, huh?

Really?"
source: washintondailywire

I don't know about "embarrassment", a bit of a ridiculous statement. However the rest is a bit much. Americans give too much credit and blame to presidents. Particularly on economic matters. Obama didn't do squat dealing with the economic crisis. The fed pumped trillions into the system, something that would have happened regardless of who was in the oval office.

As far as Iraq, Obama didn't "end" the Iraq war, he walked away at a horrible moment. I can assure you the Iraqis didn't notice the "end" of the war. Don't get me wrong I was against the Iraq war from day one, however we pulled out at the worst possible moment. Libya is a clusterf##k. Libya today is a far worse problem than it was before Hillary's mindless statements.

President Obama who endured fierce unAmerican right wing extremist attacks on his administration for eight grueling years but stayed the course. Yet despite that, President Obama's administrtion saved the auto industry, spared the economy from a second great depression, spared the world of a terrible economic and strategic calamity and sustained the budget deficit at all time low accomplishment etc. Additionally President Obama ended the Iraq war, got Osama and Kadaffi. Therefore, it appears these bigot fools fail to realize the office of the U.S. Presidency does not limit one's so-called racial or perceived racial background from serving according to U.S. Constitutional law. As such President Obama through it all ended his two terms with a stellar over 60% approval rating among the majority of America and noted among historians as one of the best presidents of U.S. history. President Obama, my legitimate and constitutionally in compliance president until further notice:

One of the common responses to criticism of Donald Trump by his voters is something along the lines “Obama was an embarrassment for 8 years.” One Christian pastor is calling out that notion.

John Pavlovitz has penned an open letter to those white Trump voters, informing them that no, in fact, they weren’t embarrassed by the former President:

Were you embarrassed by his lone and enduring twenty-five year marriage to a strong woman he’s never ceased to publicly praise, respect, or cherish?

Were you embarrassed by the way he lovingly and sweetly parented and protected his daughters?

Pavolovitz asked these, along with a lot of other relevant questions. Here is the entire post:

“I remember the day after the Election, a friend of mine who happens to be white, remarked on social media that he “finally wasn’t embarrassed of America and our President.”

Since then I’ve heard this sentiment echoed by more white folks than I can count, especially in recent months; supposed relief at once again having a leader who instills pride.

Really?"
What about black folks that say obungo was an embarrassment?

I don't know about "embarrassment", a bit of a ridiculous statement. However the rest is a bit much. Americans give too much credit and blame to presidents. Particularly on economic matters. Obama didn't do squat dealing with the economic crisis. The fed pumped trillions into the system, something that would have happened regardless of who was in the oval office.

As far as Iraq, Obama didn't "end" the Iraq war, he walked away at a horrible moment. I can assure you the Iraqis didn't notice the "end" of the war. Don't get me wrong I was against the Iraq war from day one, however we pulled out at the worst possible moment. Libya is a clusterf##k. Libya today is a far worse problem than it was before Hillary's mindless statements.

Obama did not take us to a war that we never should have been and that caused thousands of Muslim and American lives. He got us out and the economy that Trump wants to take credits for was already in place by Obama. This is what Trump has done. .....
Hate and racist speech beget hate and racist acts and speech.
Since Trump took office and his hate speech toward anyone who does not agree with him and his racist speech against middle eastern, Afro-Americans and Hispanics and CNN and anyone who does not agree with him and give the ok for his supporters to act out their hate and racism. Hate an racism has been on the rise since he took office. He has done irreversible harm to this country that will never be repaired. He is not fit to run farm animals much less this great country. GOD help us until he is impeached or until he finishes his term.

Obama did not take us to a war that we never should have been and that caused thousands of Muslim and American lives.
While his dronings and such like are a blot on his record, his reputation in the world is magnitudes better than the orange shitgibbon's, who actually is America's embarrassment.

Obama did not take us to a war that we never should have been and that caused thousands of Muslim and American lives. He got us out and the economy that Trump wants to take credits for was already in place by Obama. This is what Trump has done. .....
Since Trump took office and his hate speech toward anyone who does not agree with him and his racist speech against middle eastern, Afro-Americans and Hispanics and CNN and anyone who does not agree with him and give the ok for his supporters to act out their hate and racism. Hate an racism has been on the rise since he took office. He has done irreversible harm to this country that will never be repaired. He is not fit to run farm animals much less this great country. GOD help us until he is impeached or until he finishes his term.
Obungo set race relations back 50 years by using Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown's deaths for political purposes and putting police lives in danger. Inviting black lies matter to the White House was sick.

You're essentially saying that Obama dindunuffin. That is true.

I was embarassed by the way he rented his daughter to Harvey Weinstein for a summer. That wasn't either parenting or protecting.

Really?"
Indeed President Obama and not obungo that uncivilized miscreants would refer to this great POTUS as but a bunch of black or of color fools who were just jealous and a number of whom are dealing with the karma effect currently.

President Obama who endured fierce unAmerican right wing extremist attacks on his administration for eight grueling years but stayed the course. Yet despite that, President Obama's administration saved the auto industry, spared the economy from a second great depression, spared the world of a terrible economic and strategic calamity and sustained the budget deficit at all time low accomplishment etc. Additionally President Obama ended the Iraq war, got Osama and Kadaffi. Therefore, it appears these bigot fools fail to realize the office of the U.S. Presidency does not limit one's so-called racial or perceived racial background from serving according to U.S. Constitutional law. As such President Obama through it all ended his two terms with a stellar over 60% approval rating among the majority of America and noted among historians as one of the best presidents of U.S. history. President Obama, my legitimate and constitutionally in compliance president until further notice:

Really?"

So, if I hated Obama's statist commie leanings, I am racist...cuz he's black?

Die

I imagine the rancid order of your butt would cause your to die. Anyway, consider the following eternal and living facts:

Americans Say Barack Obama Was Best President of Their Lifetimes

US Economy Hot Topics
What Has Obama Done? 14 Major Accomplishments

By Kimberly Amadeo
Updated November 06, 2018
President Barack Obama entered office in 2009 to fight the 2008 financial crisis. He immediately launched the ambitious Affordable Care Act, despite the backlash. His administration continued battling the Tea Party Republicans after they gained a Congressional majority in the 2010 mid-term elections.

Despite these challenges, he accomplished many great things by the time his term ended in January 2017. Here are the top 14 in chronological order. Find out how they match up to the 2008 "Yes We Can!" campaign promises.

$787 billion economic stimulus package. It cut taxes, extended unemployment benefits, and funded public works projects.

The recession ended in July 2009 when GDP growth turned positive.

In just seven months, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act pumped $241.9 billion into the economy. That increased growth to a robust 3.9 percent rate by early 2010. By March 30, 2011, almost all ($633.5 billion) of the funds were spent.

bailed out the U.S. auto industry on March 30, 2009. The federal government took over General Motors and Chrysler, saving three million jobs. It forced the companies to become more fuel efficient and therefore more globally competitive.

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. The Committee lauded "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." He withdrew troops from Iraq in 2011. He reduced the U.S. nuclear warhead stockpile by 10 percent.

Affordable Care Act revolutionized healthcare. By 2014, the economy benefited from having 95 percent of the population on health insurance.

The greater number of people receiving preventive care reduced the number of expensive visits to emergency rooms.

That slows the rise of health care costs for everyone. That's because Medicaid reimburses hospitals for emergency care. Those are the most significant of Obamacare's 10 advantages.

Why did health care need to be reformed? Rising costs threatened to take over the entire federal budget. It was also the no.1 cause of bankruptcies. In return, Americans received the worst health care in the developed world. It is the only one of 33 developed countries without universal health care.

President Donald Trump promised to "repeal and replace" Obamacare. As of October 2017, he has failed to pass any legislation. But he is weakening Obamacare even without repeal.

Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act improved regulation of eight areas that led to the financial crisis. The Consumer Financial Protection Agency reduced harmful practices of credit cards and mortgages. The Financial Stability Oversight Council regulated hedge funds and banks that became too big to fail. The "Volcker Rule" banned banks from risking losses with their depositors' money. Dodd-Frank clarified which agencies regulated which banks, stopping banks from cherry-picking their regulators.

Dodd-Frank directed the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. These regulated the riskiest derivatives, like credit default swaps and commodities futures. Dodd-Frank also asked the SEC to recommend how the credit rating agencies, like Moody's and Standard & Poor's, could be improved.

$858 billion tax cut. It had three main components: a $350 billion extension of the Bush tax cuts, a $56 billion extension of unemployment benefits, and a $120 billion reduction in workers' payroll taxes. Businesses received $140 billion in tax cuts for capital improvements and $80 billion in research and development tax credits. The estate tax was exempted (up to $5 million), and there were additional credits for college tuition and children.

Etc and additional accomplishments of President Obama noted on the source.
source: thebalance .com

You're kidding, right? When Obama took office the US was bombing 2 countries. When he left office we were bombing 7.

As others have noted, race relations took a step back before Trump took office or even ran for office. From my perspective, the democratic party can not afford to allow racism to abate. If you could wave a magic wand and eradicate racism tomorrow the democratic party would cease to exist. The dems need two things more than anything, racism and poverty. If those two things go away, they, the dems, go away.

I'm going to suppose that your statements about hatred are based on hate crimes. Often people point out that hate crimes are up 15%. Did you know that in that same time frame the number of police jurisdictions reporting hate crimes to the fed govt look like this....

"the number of law enforcement agencies reporting hate crimes to the US federal government rose from 15,247 agencies in 2016 to 16,149 agencies in 2017 , and the latest FBI report made no attempt to adjust the data for an "apples-to-apples" comparison."

" The number of reported hate crimes in the United States rose from 6,121 in 2017 to 7175 in 2017, an increase of 17 per cent, according to an annual report released by the FBIr fom 6,121 in 2017 to 7175 in 2017".

1000 more crimes in a country of 320 million.

Oh my God, the horror.

I don't care what you Obama haters have to say with your hater inspired fact free nonsense and lies. I know what President Obama did and it was good that made America great again and respected in the world. Now run with your all that winning hacked and rigged in Russian fool and puppet tRump.

For me “embarrassed” isn’t the right word. I just think he was a phony, and a globalist traitor / puppet. But I don’t single him out. I’m sure that 98% here will disagree, but in my opinion most of the presidents we’ve had in the last few decades have been phonies, and puppets for the most part.

But there were certain things about Obama that I really couldn’t stand, namely his arrogance, smugness, divisiveness and lies/hypocrisy. For example, claiming he was going to be the most “transparent” president and then being the exact opposite, to the extreme. Claiming to be a Democrat for the people, but being one of the most Wall Street presidents ever. Claiming to be against the wars but bombing the hell out of innocent people and being a warmonger. (These things go back to him being a globalist puppet) Also, his completely evil position on abortion, being more extreme than even NARAL. Actually, I could go on and on. So yeah, I wouldn’t say embarrassed… More like disgusted and angered.

Last edited:

Die

I imagine the rancid order of your butt would cause your to die. Anyway, consider the following eternal and living facts:

US Economy Hot Topics

By Kimberly Amadeo
President Barack Obama entered office in 2009 to fight the 2008 financial crisis. He immediately launched the ambitious Affordable Care Act, despite the backlash. His administration continued battling the Tea Party Republicans after they gained a Congressional majority in the 2010 mid-term elections.

Despite these challenges, he accomplished many great things by the time his term ended in January 2017. Here are the top 14 in chronological order. Find out how they match up to the 2008 "Yes We Can!" campaign promises.

$787 billion economic stimulus package. It cut taxes, extended unemployment benefits, and funded public works projects.

In just seven months, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act pumped $241.9 billion into the economy. That increased growth to a robust 3.9 percent rate by early 2010. By March 30, 2011, almost all ($633.5 billion) of the funds were spent.

bailed out the U.S. auto industry on March 30, 2009. The federal government took over General Motors and Chrysler, saving three million jobs. It forced the companies to become more fuel efficient and therefore more globally competitive.

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. The Committee lauded "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." He withdrew troops from Iraq in 2011. He reduced the U.S. nuclear warhead stockpile by 10 percent.

Affordable Care Act revolutionized healthcare. By 2014, the economy benefited from having 95 percent of the population on health insurance.

The greater number of people receiving preventive care reduced the number of expensive visits to emergency rooms.

That slows the rise of health care costs for everyone. That's because Medicaid reimburses hospitals for emergency care. Those are the most significant of Obamacare's 10 advantages.

Why did health care need to be reformed? Rising costs threatened to take over the entire federal budget. It was also the no.1 cause of bankruptcies. In return, Americans received the worst health care in the developed world. It is the only one of 33 developed countries without universal health care.

President Donald Trump promised to "repeal and replace" Obamacare. As of October 2017, he has failed to pass any legislation. But he is weakening Obamacare even without repeal.

Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act improved regulation of eight areas that led to the financial crisis. The Consumer Financial Protection Agency reduced harmful practices of credit cards and mortgages. The Financial Stability Oversight Council regulated hedge funds and banks that became too big to fail. The "Volcker Rule" banned banks from risking losses with their depositors' money. Dodd-Frank clarified which agencies regulated which banks, stopping banks from cherry-picking their regulators.

Dodd-Frank directed the Securities and Exch
ange Commission
and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. These regulated the riskiest derivatives, like credit default swaps and commodities futures. Dodd-Frank also asked the SEC to recommend how the credit rating agencies, like Moody's and Standard & Poor's, could be improved.

$858 billion tax cut. It had three main components: a $350 billion extension of the Bush tax cuts, a $56 billion extension of unemployment benefits, and a $120 billion reduction in workers' payroll taxes. Businesses received $140 billion in tax cuts for capital improvements and $80 billion in research and development tax credits. The estate tax was exempted (up to $5 million), and there were additional credits for college tuition and children.

Again, giving a president credit for the economy is childish.

The stimulus package was what is known as nibbling around the edges. The unemployment extension wasn't bad, the "public works" we're still looking for.

Bailing out GM? Great. They don't have to worry about actually competing and building a better the car than the Japanese, the govt will bail them out.

Nobel peace prize? What a joke. He received that for being black. Period. Withdrawing troops was stupid. It was not a mess of his making but his timing was horrid.

ACA revolutionized healthcare? You're kidding, right? Cured cancer? Ended the opiate crisis? Nope. Created a massive windfall for the insurance companies.

Dodd-Frank? Dear Lord, it accomplished what? The insanity of the derivatives market has exploded since.

I'm not a knee jerk Obama hater. At the same time, I view him as pretty much a nothing. Another nothing in a long line of nothings.

I don't care what you Obama haters have to say with your hater inspired fact free nonsense and lies. I know what President Obama did and it was good that made America great again and respected in the world. Now run with your all that winning hacked and rigged in Russian fool and puppet tRump.

HOLY shit! Are you a parody poster?

Die

US Economy Hot Topics

By Kimberly Amadeo

Dodd-Frank directed the Securities and Exch
ange Commission
and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. These regulated the riskiest derivatives, like credit default swaps and commodities futures. Dodd-Frank also asked the SEC to recommend how the credit rating agencies, like Moody's and Standard & Poor's, could be improved.

Again, giving a president credit for the economy is childish.

The stimulus package was what is known as nibbling around the edges. The unemployment extension wasn't bad, the "public works" we're still looking for.

Bailing out GM? Great. They don't have to worry about actually competing and building a better the car than the Japanese, the govt will bail them out.

Nobel peace prize? What a joke. He received that for being black. Period. Withdrawing troops was stupid. It was not a mess of his making but his timing was horrid.

ACA revolutionized healthcare? You're kidding, right? Cured cancer? Ended the opiate crisis? Nope. Created a massive windfall for the insurance companies.

Dodd-Frank? Dear Lord, it accomplished what? The insanity of the derivatives market has exploded since.

I'm not a knee jerk Obama hater. At the same time, I view him as pretty much a nothing. Another nothing in a long line of nothings.

I forgot about the bailouts, I should’ve added that to my list, ha ha. Just goes to show that they are collectivists/ corporatists, claiming to be Democrats or Republicans.

Forum List

Back