my house is 200 years old this year

nope, i'm convinced that the leakage has kept us healthier.

we rarely get sick.

Flatulence issues?

only when you're around, and then it's just implied.

Wow! invite me back please, I must have had such a good time I cannot even remember it.

btw for those not versed in HVAC there are fresh air exchange units available which have little loss of heat or cooling.

it may be time to paint it.

Welcome to the 2 century club

My house and barn are over 200 years old too.

We've been doing a lot of work and It's really cool to see that the majority of the frame work in the house is hand cut hardwoods that are actually 2 by 4 and not the 1 and half by 3 and a half shitty pine sticks that most new houses are made of.

The barn is a work of art in itself. It measures 36 feet by 48 feet and the timber frame is made up of 24 foot and 12 foot hand cut 8 by 8 chestnut beams and all the joints are pegged mortise and tenon. there is not one nail screw or bolt in the frame. The roof line is still straight as an arrow.

Man they don't make em like they used to.

We've been doing a lot of work and It's really cool to see that the majority of the frame work in the house is hand cut hardwoods that are actually 2 by 4 and not the 1 and half by 3 and a half shitty pine sticks that most new houses are made of.

The barn is a work of art in itself. It measures 36 feet by 48 feet and the timber frame is made up of 24 foot and 12 foot hand cut 8 by 8 chestnut beams and all the joints are pegged mortise and tenon. there is not one nail screw or bolt in the frame. The roof line is still straight as an arrow.

Kinda hard to get Chestnut now.

impossible.

impossible.

Unless like from a structure like yours.

also KY has developed blight resistant Chestnut trees which will be planted around over the next several years.

Last edited:
That is the problem with living on the West Coast, nothing is usually over 200 years old. I guess Fort Clatsop might be if they didn't rebuild it. I guess there could be some Native American buildings left that are older than 200 years old too???
You are familiar with the Missions in California right? I'd say they are a bit older then 200 years...

My house is only 85.

Forum List

Back