my house is 200 years old this year

That is cool it is 200 years old!
We don't have any building or house that is 200 years old here, for one we had a fire that wiped out most everything in 1889.

• Banned
We don't have any building or house that is 200 years old here, for one we had a fire that wiped out most everything in 1889.

it is pretty cool. it's got that big hook thing in the dining room fireplace to hang pots off of and a beehive oven and the main floor beams are tree trunks, basically.

of course, it leaks heat like a sieve and there isn't a level floor in the house, but it's been a great place to grow a family.

it is pretty cool. it's got that big hook thing in the dining room fireplace to hang pots off of and a beehive oven and the main floor beams are tree trunks, basically.

of course, it leaks heat like a sieve and there isn't a level floor in the house, but it's been a great place to grow a family.

That is actually very cool Del. Is it listed with your states historical society?

Got any ghosts?

I didn't believe in Ghost until I worked at this nursing home, I kept seeing a lady in red out of the corner of my eye at night. My friend also saw her once in awhile. That stuff freaks me out, I would end up locking my self in the nurses rack for an hour. :lol:

Looks like you need to do a little more than paint it. :eusa_eh:

shack2.jpg

Mine is 500 years old..... spooky!

Well, duh! You're in Europe ... everyone knows y'all live in castles.

That's the French, silly. :lol:

Mine's an old farmhouse.... the oldest part is 500 years old - the 'recent' addition is only about 200 years. :lol: It was a wreck when I bought it but I've done it up. Actually, my dad and brothers did most of the actual work, I just made coffee and sandwiches. :lol:

Mine is 500 years old..... spooky!

Well, duh! You're in Europe ... everyone knows y'all live in castles.

That's the French, silly. :lol:

Mine's an old farmhouse.... the oldest part is 500 years old - the 'recent' addition is only about 200 years. :lol: It was a wreck when I bought it but I've done it up. Actually, my dad and brothers did most of the actual work, I just made coffee and sandwiches. :lol:

500 years old you say? There's a good chance that del's father or maybe his grandfather originally built your place.

my place is 28 yrs old this year...da man purchased the property for less than a grand an acre....because it was land locked and the last two houses here...were hit by lightening....
we were able to get a right of way after about 5 years of living here...and so far....me and the lightening are good to go...and its kinda funny...the locals....attribute the house not getting hit by lightening to my skills as a witch..(right like i can control lightening) which does help in the scheme of things.. most just ignore us...

Forum List

Back