My hometown made front page news on MSNBC

I'm interested to see how it's going to go down. It's clearly unconstitutional to put an entire city on lockdown 24/7.

I especially like this quote, "As far as I'm concerned, at 3 o'clock in the morning, nobody has any business being on the street, except the law."

When I still lived there, I was always up at 3 o'clock in the morning. There's even a 24 hour McDonald's there. I'm sure they're not very happy with this.

:mad: Our hometown made the news a few years back too ....

images

Scott Peterson sent to San Quentin - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com

my State, Maine, ranks 49 out of all states in crime.... I do feel very safe here.... I don't know what state ranks 50....need to look that up....hmmmm.....

regardless, crime is very low here and it was one of the reasons we moved up here....and just follow the snow tracks if you want to catch the burglar....lol

of course there aren't many good jobs here, and pay is really low compared to other states, but that is what it is.... :(

I'd get out Dodge if i were you jsanders! :)

Last edited:
Oh trust me, I moved out of there years ago. It's poverty-infested. I haven't even visited my mom in a year.

Where I live, there's very little crime, lots of job opportunities and growth. It's actually on many of the best places to live lists.

Oh trust me, I moved out of there years ago. It's poverty-infested. I haven't even visited my mom in a year.

Where I live, there's very little crime, lots of job opportunities and growth. It's actually on many of the best places to live lists.

Then I think I would get my "MOM" outta there. :eusa_angel:

my State, Maine, ranks 49 out of all states in crime.... I do feel very safe here.... I don't know what state ranks 50....need to look that up....hmmmm.....

regardless, crime is very low here and it was one of the reasons we moved up here....

of course there aren't many good jobs here, and pay is really low compared to other states, but that is what it is.... :(

I'd get out Dodge if i were you jsanders! :)

whereabouts in maine are you? i enjoy camping up on hermit island by popham beach and bath. and bob's clam hut in kittery = tasty

Then I think I would get my "MOM" outta there. :eusa_angel:

Trust me, I've tried. She's convinced she can't afford to live anywhere else.

My brother and sister-in-law live there, as well. They won't leave because her father is the head of the church in the area, and she won't move too far away from her parents.

I told them I can't believe they would choose to raise their kids there. It was bad enough when we were growing up there, but it's 100 times worse now.

whereabouts in maine are you? i enjoy camping up on hermit island by popham beach and bath. and bob's clam hut in kittery = tasty

About 90 miles northeast of Bath, on the east side of Penobscot Bay....the whole state is lovely, up here it is less crowded than the rest of the state....not that the state is crowded compared to most other states! lol

I live near Acadia National Park....the definition of Acadia (Arcadia)=Paradise.... (except in the winters, then it is hell frozen over.....lol)

Trust me, I've tried. She's convinced she can't afford to live anywhere else.

My brother and sister-in-law live there, as well. They won't leave because her father is the head of the church in the area, and she won't move too far away from her parents.

I told them I can't believe they would choose to raise their kids there. It was bad enough when we were growing up there, but it's 100 times worse now.

This is exactly why the "Federal Government" needs to be doing something right here in our country, and NOT spending money on Iraq - that will do nothing in the end.

Forum List

Back