My hero, T. Boone Pickens

Nice!

He's got a funny name though. Reminds me of
slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb.jpg

I think that wind power is a big part of the solution to the energy crises.

If I had the money to invest, I'd be putting a wind generator on my land today.

If the USA was really serious about getting us off the carbon addiction, there'd be grants or at least low interest loans to homeowners right now to help millions of households become the solution to this problem for America.

The solution ONLY requires political WILL.

As yet, we still don't have it.

It's coming though, of that I am certain.

Maine is the state in the union which is most heavily dependent on heating with oil.

People gonna freeze here this year if the price is $5+ a gallon.

Oh, some of us will switch to burning wood, but that causes terrible local air pollution when too many people are burning it, too. We're already the state with a very high incidence of childhood asthma probably because of wood heat.

We need alternative sustainaable and non-polluting source of energy, and we need them STAT.

That means solar, wind, geo thermal, tidal and hydopower energy sources.

There's plenty of energy out there if we build the machines to capture it.

They're coming, though, mark my words, they're coming.

Big money is crunching the numbers right now.

mavericks like Pickens are nobody's fools.

They see opportunity.

If the USA was really serious about getting us off the carbon addiction, there'd be grants or at least low interest loans to homeowners right now to help millions of households become the solution to this problem for America.

Maine is the state in the union which is most heavily dependent on heating with oil.

Oh, some of us will switch to burning wood, but that causes terrible local air pollution when too many people are burning it, too. We're already the state with a very high incidence of childhood asthma probably because of wood heat.

We need alternative sustainaable and non-polluting source of energy, and we need them STAT.

They see opportunity.

There already are significant tax breaks for installing wind and solar on your property. Problem is, installation of a 2000kw/hr wind turbine for your house will run you about $55,000. And you have an 80' tall tower in your backyard, a lot of neighborhood covenants forbid that sort of thing for aesthetic reasons

They see opportunity.

Editec, nice post. Wind, solar, and algae for ethanol. The solutions are there. Now that demand has exceeded supply, the market will switch quickly. Thank God, Bush will be out of office soon, and we can begin to turn the country around.

I actually have two problems to going wind genertion on my land.

First the cost exceeds my ability at this time.

Secondly, most of my land, while high and dry, is also within 150' of a wetlands, hence I'll have to battle for the right to build even something so green as a wind generator on it.

If irony could kill, eh?

I can't get off the carbon addiction because it might scare the frogs or something.

So your in Maine right? Build a Billboard on your property and secretly build a ground level wind turbine. Then when you start hearing all the hot air... you're in the dough.

New Topics

Forum List

Back