My head is ready to explode!!!!!!!

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Gov Rendell got a judge to agree the provisional ballots sent in by overseas military who are registered in PA will not be counted, and the date for new ballots to count won't be extended, when it was his lawsuit to keep Nader off the ballot, which caused this whole problem in the first place.
So we have a Democratic Gov of PA completely disenfranchising the 35 thousand military votes in his state.........The ones who are fighting with their lives who have the most to lose, are not getting their rightful vote, but prisoners and terrorists are!!

Just had to rant!!!! :blowup:

Dont worry. Rendell has just killed his chances for reelection. And i think we are going to win PA regardless.

Bonnie said:
Gov Rendell got a judge to agree the provisional ballots sent in by overseas military who are registered in PA will not be counted, and the date for new ballots to count won't be extended, when it was his lawsuit to keep Nader off the ballot, which caused this whole problem in the first place.
So we have a Democratic Gov of PA completely disenfranchising the 35 thousand military votes in his state.........The ones who are fighting with their lives who have the most to lose, are not getting their rightful vote, but prisoners and terrorists are!!

Just had to rant!!!! :blowup:

your rant saved me the typing! i have the exact same feelings!

i this is my salute to Rendell:

:finger: , :finger: , :finger: , and :finger: :D Who's next?

ok, i just got done watching "Coming to America"...

Dont worry. Rendell has just killed his chances for reelection. And i think we are going to win PA regardless.

...it surely won't be servicemen/women voting him out - he'll simply invalidate their votes.

fuzzykitten99 said:
your rant saved me the typing! i have the exact same feelings!

i this is my salute to Rendell:

:finger: , :finger: , :finger: , and :finger: :D Who's next?

ok, i just got done watching "Coming to America"...

Is this even constitutional?? I heard Sen Rick Santorum is continuing to fight this in the courts.

If we lose PA by 35,000 or less there is gonna be some serious hell to pay. The lawyer armies will descend for sure.

What exactly is going on here? Evidently all the counties got out their ballots for the general election on time, except one which made up lost time by using overnight delivery of the ballots. The 2 servicemen that are suing for an extension of 15 days already have their absentee ballots. It appears that the ballots they got have the name of Nader on them, instead of the new ballots that don't. What's the real beef???

http://pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index.ssf?/base/politics-0/1098884966313560.xml&storylist=penn

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/special_packages/election2004/10034071.htm?1c

http://mediamatters.org/items/200410270001

http://pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index.ssf?/base/politics-0/1098884966313560.xml&storylist=penn

theim said:
If we lose PA by 35,000 or less there is gonna be some serious hell to pay. The lawyer armies will descend for sure.
Thats exactly what I was thinking.....If ever there was a reason to contest election results it would be this!!

ScreamingEagle said:
What exactly is going on here? Evidently all the counties got out their ballots for the general election on time, except one which made up lost time by using overnight delivery of the ballots. The 2 servicemen that are suing for an extension of 15 days already have their absentee ballots. It appears that the ballots they got have the name of Nader on them, instead of the new ballots that don't. What's the real beef???

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/special_packages/election2004/10034071.htm?1c

http://mediamatters.org/items/200410270001

I don't really know all the legalities of this, but it's clear Rendell is trying to maneuver PA win for Kerry, whihc could actually happen because of this.

Bonnie said:
I don't really know all the legalities of this, but it's clear Rendell is trying to maneuver PA win for Kerry, whihc could actually happen because of this.

I hate to say it, but from everything I've read, it appears to me more of a maneuvering by the GOP's lawyers. :(

PS: All legal, of course, and yet quite effective politically. :p:

ScreamingEagle said:
I hate to say it, but from everything I've read, it appears to me more of a maneuvering by the GOP's lawyers. :(

PS: All legal, of course, and yet quite effective politically. :p:

You don't get it. They have their ballots (just received) but even if they mailed them today or even yesterday, they would not have made it back by 2 november. that is the beef. the ballots were not mailed to the overseas folks in time for them to get them back (by regular mail) by the election date. that is what all the hell raising is about. and the gov said he will NOT extend the deadline. The point is, all they should need is to make sure they are post-marked by 2 nov but the gov says they must be RECEIVED by 2 nov.

freeandfun1 said:
You don't get it. They have their ballots (just received) but even if they mailed them today or even yesterday, they would not have made it back by 2 november. that is the beef. the ballots were not mailed to the overseas folks in time for them to get them back (by regular mail) by the election date. that is what all the hell raising is about. and the gov said he will NOT extend the deadline. The point is, all they should need is to make sure they are post-marked by 2 nov but the gov says they must be RECEIVED by 2 nov.

Well, that's a valid beef if true. None of the 4 reports I read said that, but only said that the one county that was late getting their ballots out "made up for lost time" by sending them overnight. Was this actually still too late for the GIs to return them? Can they overnight their ballots back? How many GIs are there from that one county? Do you have any source that confirms this?

The court case was whether to extend them so that they could get new ballots without Nader's name on them, the judge ruled that they did not have to count and that they did not have to extend the date.

This is not a GOP scandal it is a DNC scandal pulled in the last minute specifically denying votes from a group that traditionally votes GOP.

To those who would deny the GIs their vote I say.

What are you thinking? :wtf:

And

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: and :finger3: as well as :321:

no1tovote4 said:
The court case was whether to extend them so that they could get new ballots without Nader's name on them, the judge ruled that they did not have to count and that they did not have to extend the date.

This is not a GOP scandal it is a DNC scandal pulled in the last minute specifically denying votes from a group that traditionally votes GOP.

To those who would deny the GIs their vote I say.

What are you thinking? :wtf:

And

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: and :finger3: as well as :321:

Harness your hubris Homer. My deductions were based on the reports that I read and also listed for reference in my post. I don't see any references supporting your rather confusing sentence above.

I'm DEFINITELY NOT for denying the GIs their vote - please don't go down THAT road. I am just seeking the truth in this matter, which from all reports so far, indicate that no GI is forfeiting his vote due to late ballots, unless you consider the revised ballots without the Nader name to be the late ballots. If you can prove otherwise, I will be FIRST in line to condemn the DNC.

The soldiers should never be denied the right to vote, but were these the only ballots they had access to?

If so then the timeline should be extended since the ballots were sent late.

But if PA is lost to Bush by 35,000, which I believe is very probable, then we can add another state to the list that will be contested for at least a week if not the entire month.

They have till 5pm tommorrow to be recieved, not just post marked..or they won't be counted!!! I can't even think of a word that comes close to how enraged I am about this!!!!

Forum List

Back