My Head Almost Exploded On This One

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
60 Days for Four Years of Raping Vermont Child

BURLINGTON, January 5, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - According to a Vermont judge, serious crime should not be subject to punishment. “The one message I want to get through is that anger doesn't solve anything. It just corrodes your soul.” So said Judge Edward Cashman who then gave a 60-day jail sentence to a man who raped a little girl repeatedly for four years starting when the girl – the child of a friend - was six and ending when she was ten.

Mark Hulett, 34, pleaded guilty in District Court in Burlington to two counts of aggravated sexual assault and one charge of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child, all felonies. The law allowed for him to face up to life in prison on the charges, but the judge decided that he should be let go after 60 days, since the state Corrections Department would not offer Hulett sex-offender counseling until after his release.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/jan/06010511.html

man.... that judge will definitely burn in hell for this....

if you can't stand up for a kid, you're worthless....

How the hell did this judge even get on the bench?? Is no one watching the store???

Contacts:
Vermont Governor Jim Douglas
109 State Street, Pavilion
Montpelier, VT 05609-0101
Phone: 802 828-3333
(toll-free in VT only: 800 649-6825)
Fax: 802 828-3339
Online communications form at http://www.vermont.gov/governor/contact.html

Vermont Judicial Conduct Board
http://www.vermontjudiciary.org/Committes/boards/j...
Chairman Christopher Davis
802-864-0217

Im sitting here burning up, so I think Im going to call the numbers and vent tactfully...

but the judge decided that he should be let go after 60 days, since the state Corrections Department would not offer Hulett sex-offender counseling until after his release.
It's painful to think someone has this thought process.

Bonnie said:
How the hell did this judge even get on the bench?? Is no one watching the store???

Contacts:
Vermont Governor Jim Douglas
109 State Street, Pavilion
Montpelier, VT 05609-0101
Phone: 802 828-3333
(toll-free in VT only: 800 649-6825)
Fax: 802 828-3339
Online communications form at http://www.vermont.gov/governor/contact.html

Vermont Judicial Conduct Board
http://www.vermontjudiciary.org/Committes/boards/j...
Chairman Christopher Davis
802-864-0217

Im sitting here burning up, so I think Im going to call the numbers and vent tactfully...

Fired off a e-mail to the governor...the second link did not work!

When this girl's father kills his daughter's rapist the first time they run into each other after his release, I hope the father get's this same judge so he can receive a 60-day sentence too.

MissileMan said:
When this girl's father kills his daughter's rapist the first time they run into each other after his release, I hope the father get's this same judge so he can receive a 60-day sentence too.
It would certainly be just.

MissileMan said:

So true!!

If Hizzoner Ed Cashman think this deviant scum belongs back on the street, then I think the law should require that if the scum rapes again, Cashman must serve his second time offender sentence along with him. Along with a permanent sign on his back that says "I am lenient towards child rapists." The murderers and armed robbers in prison will take special care of him.

MissileMan said:

Why should the father even get 60 days? After all.. It's only a single killing.. Not 4 years of torture... I say 24 hours.

Shattered said:
Why should the father even get 60 days? After all.. It's only a single killing.. Not 4 years of torture... I say 24 hours.

Does anyone honestly believe that if the father took any action against the convicted rapist/pervert that he would get the same deal? It is apparent that the judge believes anger is a greater crime than any serious crime. This judge obviously needs to be investigated thoroughly; such thinking on his part indicates to me that there is just possibly a very large skeleton in HIS closet.

CSM said:
Does anyone honestly believe that if the father took any action against the convicted rapist/pervert that he would get the same deal? It is apparent that the judge believes anger is a greater crime than any serious crime. This judge obviously needs to be investigated thoroughly; such thinking on his part indicates to me that there is just possibly a very large skeleton in HIS closet.

and thats exactly what I wrote the governor a e-mail about...this judge really needs to be investigated! :cof:

CSM said:

I guess that would depend... What are the odds that the judge would get to try the case of the father, after having tried the case of the rapist? If he does have skeletons in his own closet, I can see him letting the father off as well...

Now, I hear all kinds of people say, when things like this come up, "Well, what if the victim was your child/parent/spouse/friend/etc.?" Well, I wouldn't know about that, but I do know what it's like when the perpetrator is a friend, and I still say you gotta lock 'em up. It would tickle my fancy to no end if my friend wasn't in prison, but he committed a crime, and when you committ a crime, you must be made to suffer the consequences. Call me cold, but I'm not. I feel sorry for him, but I know that those who don't suffer consequences for their sins will never stop.

Forum List

Back