CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.
They cant rob or kill or rape you while they are in prison.

MurderRateBarGraph-2016.png

Yes....please show the time between sentencing and actual execution.....
Not much of a deterrent

I remember Charlie Rangel responding to Congressmen who were demanding tougher and tougher penalties for drug dealers
He said...They are not afraid of you. The drug dealer down the street will kill them in a minute

And that is the beauty of my plan......if they are arrested for using a gun in a crime, rape, robbery, murder.....and they don't even have to fire the weapon.....they get life in prison......that means they are no longer out on the streets, like the Philly drug dealer, able to shoot people....and since this guy had 6 illegal gun charges, and the most recent in 2008...the one in 2008 all by itself would have given him 30 years in prison......which means he would be locked up, not out shooting at police officers.
Always a new guy ready to take his place

The deterrent to criminals now is not penalties but.......cameras
There are cameras everywhere. Nothing you do is not being videoed
There is no anonymity in crime

Not much of a deterrent

I remember Charlie Rangel responding to Congressmen who were demanding tougher and tougher penalties for drug dealers
He said...They are not afraid of you. The drug dealer down the street will kill them in a minute

And that is the beauty of my plan......if they are arrested for using a gun in a crime, rape, robbery, murder.....and they don't even have to fire the weapon.....they get life in prison......that means they are no longer out on the streets, like the Philly drug dealer, able to shoot people....and since this guy had 6 illegal gun charges, and the most recent in 2008...the one in 2008 all by itself would have given him 30 years in prison......which means he would be locked up, not out shooting at police officers.

Yeah...right....that is why Chicago has so little gun crime....right? Cameras? I prefer my criminals locked up...

Not much of a deterrent

Yeah...right....that is why Chicago has so little gun crime....right? Cameras? I prefer my criminals locked up...

Cameras are making sure they are caught

More criminals are caught by cameras than armed citizens

acco
The Philly drug dealer was arrested on illegal gun possession in 2008....under my plan, he would still be in prison today...

Possession of an illegal gun as a repeat felon would be 30 years..........

Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons.
according to the 2nd amendment there is no such thing as illegal possession of a gun,,

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
2aguy Diamond Member
Thanks Received:
Ratings:
+53,566

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime....
In Saudi Arabia if you commit a crime like theft you lose your hand. You again commit a crime you lose the other hand. Cant really commit a crime after that. Now murder, rape and child molestation, for rape and child molestation, all you have to do is completely castrate the individual thus taking their sexual urges away from them thus turning them into pacifistic eunuchs. For murder, it is this easy, 1 trial, found guilty, then executed, no appeals, the most horrific way to die. Death penalty isnt a deterrent for other murders, but it does stop repeat offenders. Eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth.

Criminals deserve to be put to death.

Some of this is a good idea. I had the idea 4 years ago.
CDZ - My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

There should be mandatory minimums for those who brandish a firearm during commission of a crime. Steal a Snicker's bar, show the clerk a gun (play gun or not, BB gun or not, loaded or not, fired or not), you go bye bye for 20 years if found guilty. No parole, no time off for good behavior, no 2-1 or 3-1 working.

Twenty

Long

Years

Do it once you get out and have a previous felony conviction, good bye for life.”

This coupled with tighter restrictions on gun purchases and limiting the capacity of magazines and clips are common sense steps to reducing both gun violence, suicide, and rampage shootings.

Frequent Mass shootings are a problem….we’re the only one with it.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 5.13.46 AM.png

This coupled with tighter restrictions on gun purchases and limiting the capacity of magazines and clips are common sense steps to reducing both gun violence, suicide, and rampage shootings.
Oh, you were doing -so- well.
CA has all the "common sense" restrictions you could possibly want, and gun-related crime runs wild.
How can that be?

View attachment 274620

wrong....

We had 12 in 2018......93 killed, in a country of over 320 million people, 600 million guns and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense....

Knives kill over 1,500 people every year,

Cars over 38,000

Clubs, over 400

Our mass shooting problem is tiny...compared to criminals who keep getting let out of prison to shoot people.

How does the US compare to other countries in terms of mass public shootings? - Crime Prevention Research Center

Our video on Adam Lankford's false claims on mass public shootings passes 2.9 million view mark - Crime Prevention Research Center

CDZ - My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

There should be mandatory minimums for those who brandish a firearm during commission of a crime. Steal a Snicker's bar, show the clerk a gun (play gun or not, BB gun or not, loaded or not, fired or not), you go bye bye for 20 years if found guilty. No parole, no time off for good behavior, no 2-1 or 3-1 working.

Twenty

Long

Years

Do it once you get out and have a previous felony conviction, good bye for life.”

If you actually punish real gun offenders you don't need the other silly, useless laws....which don't do anything in the first place.

Magazine capacity, as you have been shown over and over has nothing to do with how many people are killed or injured...as recent shootings show...

Gilroy.....magazine fed rifle....3 killed.

Dayton, magazine fed rifle 9 killed.

Russia Polytechnic school shooting..no rifle, no magazine, tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun....20 killed, 40 injured.

Navy Yard shooting.... no rifle, no magazine, tube fed, pump action shotgun 13 killed...

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

I.

Do bans on large-capacity magazines (LCMs) for semiautomatic firearms have significant potential for reducing the number of deaths and injuries in mass shootings?
========
In sum, in nearly all LCM-involved mass shootings, the time it takes to reload a detachable magazine is no greater than the average time between shots that the shooter takes anyway when not reloading.

Consequently, there is no affirmative evidence that reloading detachable magazines slows mass shooters’ rates of fire, and thus no affirmative evidence that the number of victims who could escape the killers due to additional pauses in the shooting is increased by the shooter’s need to change magazines.
==========
The most common rationale for an effect of LCM use is that they allow mass killers to fire many rounds without reloading.
LCMs are used is less than 1/3 of 1% of mass shootings.
News accounts of 23 shootings in which more than six people were killed or wounded and LCMs were used, occurring in the U.S. in 1994-2013, were examined.
There was only one incident in which the shooter may have been stopped by bystander intervention when he tried to reload.
In all of these 23 incidents the shooter possessed either multiple guns or multiple magazines, meaning that the shooter, even if denied LCMs, could have continued firing without significant interruption by either switching loaded guns or by changing smaller loaded magazines with only a 2-4 second delay for each magazine change.
Finally, the data indicate that mass shooters maintain slow enough rates of fire such that the time needed to reload would not increase the time between shots and thus the time available for prospective victims to escape.

--------

We did not employ the oft-used definition of “mass murder” as a homicide in which four or more victims were killed, because most of these involve just four to six victims (Duwe 2007), which could therefore have involved as few as six rounds fired, a number that shooters using even ordinary revolvers are capable of firing without reloading.

LCMs obviously cannot help shooters who fire no more rounds than could be fired without LCMs, so the inclusion of “nonaffectable” cases with only four to six victims would dilute the sample, reducing the percent of sample incidents in which an LCM might have affected the number of casualties.

Further, had we studied only homicides with four or more dead victims, drawn from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports, we would have missed cases in which huge numbers of people were shot, and huge numbers of rounds were fired, but three or fewer of the victims died.

For example, in one widely publicized shooting carried out in Los Angeles on February 28, 1997, two bank robbers shot a total of 18 people - surely a mass shooting by any reasonable standard (Table 1).

Yet, because none of the people they shot died, this incident would not qualify as a mass murder (or even murder of any kind).

Exclusion of such incidents would bias the sample against the proposition that LCM use increases the number of victims by excluding incidents with large numbers of victims. We also excluded shootings in which more than six persons were shot over the entire course of the incident but shootings occurred in multiple locations with no more than six people shot in any one of the locations, and substantial periods of time intervened between episodes of shooting. An example is the series of killings committed by Rodrick Dantzler on July 7, 2011.

Once eligible incidents were identified, we searched through news accounts for details related to whether the use of LCMs could have influenced the casualty counts.

Specifically, we searched for

(1) the number of magazines in the shooter’s immediate possession,

(2) the capacity of the largest magazine,

(3) the number of guns in the shooter’s immediate possession during the incident,

(4) the types of guns possessed,

(5) whether the shooter reloaded during the incident,

(6) the number of rounds fired,

(7) the duration of the shooting from the first shot fired to the last, and (8) whether anyone intervened to stop the shooter.

Findings How Many Mass Shootings were Committed Using LCMs?

We identified 23 total incidents in which more than six people were shot at a single time and place in the U.S. from 1994 through 2013 and that were known to involve use of any magazines with capacities over ten rounds.

Table 1 summarizes key details of the LCMinvolved mass shootings relevant to the issues addressed in this paper.

(Table 1 about here) What fraction of all mass shootings involve LCMs?

There is no comprehensive listing of all mass shootings available for the entire 1994-2013 period, but the most extensive one currently available is at the Shootingtracker.com website, which only began its coverage in 2013.

-----

-----
The offenders in LCM-involved mass shootings were also known to have reloaded during 14 of the 23 (61%) incidents with magazine holding over 10 rounds.

The shooters were known to have not reloaded in another two of these 20 incidents and it could not be determined if they reloaded in the remaining seven incidents.

Thus, even if the shooters had been denied LCMs, we know that most of them definitely would have been able to reload smaller detachable magazines without interference from bystanders since they in fact did change magazines.

The fact that this percentage is less than 100% should not, however, be interpreted to mean that the shooters were unable to reload in the other nine incidents.

It is possible that the shooters could also have reloaded in many of these nine shootings, but chose not to do so, or did not need to do so in order to fire all the rounds they wanted to fire. This is consistent with the fact that there has been at most only one mass shootings in twenty years in which reloading a semiautomatic firearm might have been blocked by bystanders intervening and thereby stopping the shooter from doing all the shooting he wanted to do. All we know is that in two incidents the shooter did not reload, and news accounts of seven other incidents did not mention whether the offender reloaded.

----

For example, a story in the Hartford Courant about the Sandy Hook elementary school killings in 2012 was headlined “Shooter Paused, and Six Escaped,” the text asserting that as many as six children may have survived because the shooter paused to reload (December 23, 2012). ''

The author of the story, however, went on to concede that this was just a speculation by an unnamed source, and that it was also possible that some children simply escaped when the killer was shooting other children.

There was no reliable evidence that the pauses were due to the shooter reloading, rather than his guns jamming or the shooter simply choosing to pause his shooting while his gun was still loaded.

The plausibility of the “victims escape” rationale depends on the average rates of fire that shooters in mass shootings typically maintain.

If they fire very fast, the 2-4 seconds it takes to change box-type detachable magazines could produce a slowing of the rate of fire that the shooters otherwise would have maintained without the magazine changes, increasing the average time between rounds fired and potentially allowing more victims to escape during the betweenshot intervals.

On the other hand, if mass shooters fire their guns with the average interval between shots lasting more than 2-4 seconds, the pauses due to additional magazine changes would be no longer than the pauses the shooter typically took between shots even when not reloading.

In that case, there would be no more opportunity for potential victims to escape than there would have been without the additional magazine changes

-----

h

View attachment 274620

Another criminal, caught with one illegal gun, released on Bond, caught with another illegal gun....

Under my plan, he wouldn't have been let out on Bond, and he would be facing 30 years in prison...

The charge for the 1st illegal gun possession would have had him held without bail.....

Chicago Revolving Door: 18-Year-Old Tries Boarding a Flight With a Pistol While on Bond From Earlier Gun Charge - The Truth About Guns

Take Jaden Goldsberry, for instance. He was freed on his own recognizance after catching an illegal gun possession charge in March. He was (allegedly) found carrying a pistol with neither a Firearms Owners ID card, nor a concealed carry license.

Now, the security folks at O’Hare International’s TSA office found 18-year-old Jaden with another .40 caliber pistol in his carry-on. When they plucked it out of Jaden’s bag, Jaden reportedly said, “I’ve never seen that.”

Twenty

Long

Years

If you actually punish real gun offenders you don't need the other silly, useless laws....which don't do anything in the first place.

Magazine capacity, as you have been shown over and over has nothing to do with how many people are killed or injured...as recent shootings show...

Russia Polytechnic school shooting..no rifle, no magazine, tube fed, 5 shot, pump action shotgun....20 killed, 40 injured.

Navy Yard shooting.... no rifle, no magazine, tube fed, pump action shotgun 13 killed...

Large-Capacity Magazines and the Casualty Counts in Mass Shootings: The Plausibility of Linkages by Gary Kleck :: SSRN

I.

Do bans on large-capacity magazines (LCMs) for semiautomatic firearms have significant potential for reducing the number of deaths and injuries in mass shootings?
========
In sum, in nearly all LCM-involved mass shootings, the time it takes to reload a detachable magazine is no greater than the average time between shots that the shooter takes anyway when not reloading.

Consequently, there is no affirmative evidence that reloading detachable magazines slows mass shooters’ rates of fire, and thus no affirmative evidence that the number of victims who could escape the killers due to additional pauses in the shooting is increased by the shooter’s need to change magazines.
==========

The most common rationale for an effect of LCM use is that they allow mass killers to fire many rounds without reloading.
News accounts of 23 shootings in which more than six people were killed or wounded and LCMs were used, occurring in the U.S. in 1994-2013, were examined.
There was only one incident in which the shooter may have been stopped by bystander intervention when he tried to reload.
In all of these 23 incidents the shooter possessed either multiple guns or multiple magazines, meaning that the shooter, even if denied LCMs, could have continued firing without significant interruption by either switching loaded guns or by changing smaller loaded magazines with only a 2-4 second delay for each magazine change.
Finally, the data indicate that mass shooters maintain slow enough rates of fire such that the time needed to reload would not increase the time between shots and thus the time available for prospective victims to escape.

--------

We did not employ the oft-used definition of “mass murder” as a homicide in which four or more victims were killed, because most of these involve just four to six victims (Duwe 2007), which could therefore have involved as few as six rounds fired, a number that shooters using even ordinary revolvers are capable of firing without reloading.

LCMs obviously cannot help shooters who fire no more rounds than could be fired without LCMs, so the inclusion of “nonaffectable” cases with only four to six victims would dilute the sample, reducing the percent of sample incidents in which an LCM might have affected the number of casualties.

Further, had we studied only homicides with four or more dead victims, drawn from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports, we would have missed cases in which huge numbers of people were shot, and huge numbers of rounds were fired, but three or fewer of the victims died.

For example, in one widely publicized shooting carried out in Los Angeles on February 28, 1997, two bank robbers shot a total of 18 people - surely a mass shooting by any reasonable standard (Table 1).

Yet, because none of the people they shot died, this incident would not qualify as a mass murder (or even murder of any kind).

Exclusion of such incidents would bias the sample against the proposition that LCM use increases the number of victims by excluding incidents with large numbers of victims. We also excluded shootings in which more than six persons were shot over the entire course of the incident but shootings occurred in multiple locations with no more than six people shot in any one of the locations, and substantial periods of time intervened between episodes of shooting. An example is the series of killings committed by Rodrick Dantzler on July 7, 2011.

Once eligible incidents were identified, we searched through news accounts for details related to whether the use of LCMs could have influenced the casualty counts.

(3) the number of guns in the shooter’s immediate possession during the incident,

(7) the duration of the shooting from the first shot fired to the last, and (8) whether anyone intervened to stop the shooter.

We identified 23 total incidents in which more than six people were shot at a single time and place in the U.S. from 1994 through 2013 and that were known to involve use of any magazines with capacities over ten rounds.

Table 1 summarizes key details of the LCMinvolved mass shootings relevant to the issues addressed in this paper.

There is no comprehensive listing of all mass shootings available for the entire 1994-2013 period, but the most extensive one currently available is at the Shootingtracker.com website, which only began its coverage in 2013.

-----

-----
The offenders in LCM-involved mass shootings were also known to have reloaded during 14 of the 23 (61%) incidents with magazine holding over 10 rounds.

The shooters were known to have not reloaded in another two of these 20 incidents and it could not be determined if they reloaded in the remaining seven incidents.

Thus, even if the shooters had been denied LCMs, we know that most of them definitely would have been able to reload smaller detachable magazines without interference from bystanders since they in fact did change magazines.

The fact that this percentage is less than 100% should not, however, be interpreted to mean that the shooters were unable to reload in the other nine incidents.

It is possible that the shooters could also have reloaded in many of these nine shootings, but chose not to do so, or did not need to do so in order to fire all the rounds they wanted to fire. This is consistent with the fact that there has been at most only one mass shootings in twenty years in which reloading a semiautomatic firearm might have been blocked by bystanders intervening and thereby stopping the shooter from doing all the shooting he wanted to do. All we know is that in two incidents the shooter did not reload, and news accounts of seven other incidents did not mention whether the offender reloaded.

----

For example, a story in the Hartford Courant about the Sandy Hook elementary school killings in 2012 was headlined “Shooter Paused, and Six Escaped,” the text asserting that as many as six children may have survived because the shooter paused to reload (December 23, 2012). ''

The author of the story, however, went on to concede that this was just a speculation by an unnamed source, and that it was also possible that some children simply escaped when the killer was shooting other children.

There was no reliable evidence that the pauses were due to the shooter reloading, rather than his guns jamming or the shooter simply choosing to pause his shooting while his gun was still loaded.

The plausibility of the “victims escape” rationale depends on the average rates of fire that shooters in mass shootings typically maintain.

If they fire very fast, the 2-4 seconds it takes to change box-type detachable magazines could produce a slowing of the rate of fire that the shooters otherwise would have maintained without the magazine changes, increasing the average time between rounds fired and potentially allowing more victims to escape during the betweenshot intervals.

On the other hand, if mass shooters fire their guns with the average interval between shots lasting more than 2-4 seconds, the pauses due to additional magazine changes would be no longer than the pauses the shooter typically took between shots even when not reloading.

In that case, there would be no more opportunity for potential victims to escape than there would have been without the additional magazine changes

-----

h

I completely agree with that assessment. I personally can switch out a magazine in 1 to 2 seconds, and I am not particularly fast. Why have a LCM? Because when I go to a range (as any gun owner should do to maintain proficiency) I am going to fire a minimum of 100 rounds, probably more. I would rather not spend most of my time reloading magazines. The ban on LCMs is just another example of governments implementing laws to appear they are doing something about a problem, while not doing anything about the problem.

Twenty

Long

Years

I.

========

==========

--------

-----

-----

----

-----

h

I completely agree with that assessment. I personally can switch out a magazine in 1 to 2 seconds, and I am not particularly fast. Why have a LCM? Because when I go to a range (as any gun owner should do to maintain proficiency) I am going to fire a minimum of 100 rounds, probably more. I would rather not spend most of my time reloading magazines. The ban on LCMs is just another example of governments implementing laws to appear they are doing something about a problem, while not doing anything about the problem.

And in a self defense situation...where you may be injured, and definitely under intense pressure, you ability to perform small motor fuctions, like changing a magazine will be compromised.....which is why the the more bullets you can have in your gun, the less often as a good guy, you have to change your magazines...

Meanwhile....a mass shooter is not under any pressure...as actual survivors state on the demeanor of mass shooter after mass shooter....they are not under any pressure, they are attacking people who can't shoot back, so changing 10 round magazines is not an issue for them

Twenty

Long

Years

I.

========

==========

--------

-----

-----

----

-----

h

And in a self defense situation...where you may be injured, and definitely under intense pressure, you ability to perform small motor fuctions, like changing a magazine will be compromised.....which is why the the more bullets you can have in your gun, the less often as a good guy, you have to change your magazines...

Meanwhile....a mass shooter is not under any pressure...as actual survivors state on the demeanor of mass shooter after mass shooter....they are not under any pressure, they are attacking people who can't shoot back, so changing 10 round magazines is not an issue for them

Nonsense. As if the rampage killers are thinking clearly to start with.

Twenty

Long

Years

I.

========

==========

--------

-----

-----

----

-----

h

Nonsense. As if the rampage killers are thinking clearly to start with.

Rampage killers? You mean of the 12 mass public shootings in 2018 with the 93 killed?

Versus the 10,982 gun murders by criminals involved in the drug business and other crime?

And you need to watch the Showtime, or Stars, cable network show "Active Shooter." They interview survivors of mass public shootings.....the Navy Yard shooting, the Aurora theater shooting......you would learn how little you really understand about these shooters and how they behave in the gun free zone when they are killing people...

They plan their attacks 6 months to 2 years in advance, they are calm and relaxed when they kill...they are not rushed or in a hurry...... they have planned out their shootings, and often know exactly how long it takes for the police to get there.

I recall the NRA used to advocate a 10 year prison sentence for anybody using a gun in committing a crime. I never was a NRA member so probably others recall better than I do. Sounds good to me but the problem with these mandatory sentences is exorbitant amount of money it would take to house all such criminals.

Ever since the invasion of Iraq I've suggested using it as penal colony. That would be cheap enough, simply the cost of a flight or two a week and providing the convicts a wish of good luck.

Prison time has never been a deterrence to crime. Many states have the death penalty but that hasn't stopped murder.

Wrong....criminals respond to penalties, which is why when you arrest them for felony gun possession, then bond them out, then, when you convict them and give them less than 3 years, they go out and shoot people.....

Long prison sentences will end this....we don't have them now..too many gun criminals get a revolving door for gun crime.

The Japanese had this problem with their Yakuza....they were using fully automatic weapons and grenades as short a time ago as 2013.....they changed their sentencing laws....life for gun crime, 10 years for simple possession, 15 with bullets or more than one gun......the Yakuza stopped using guns......
Not sure we want to use Japan as a model. They have some of the strictest gun regulations you are going to find.

Forum List

Back