CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,053
    Are gun murders/deaths only committed by the ex cons, (95%) the criminals who have been caught before? Do you have any statistics showing such? It sounds like this is what you are presuming?

2. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,965
    Here...

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

I. VIOLENCE: THE DECISIVENESS OF SOCIAL FACTORS
    One reason the extent of gun ownership in a society does not spur the murder rate is that murderers are not spread evenly throughout the population. Analysis of perpetrator studies shows that violent criminals—especially murderers—“almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behav‐ ior.”37 So it would not appreciably raise violence if all law‐ abiding, responsible people had firearms because they are not the ones who rape, rob, or murder.38 By the same token, violent crime would not fall if guns were totally banned to civilians. As the respective examples of Luxembourg and Russia suggest,39 individuals who commit violent crimes will either find guns despite severe controls or will find other weapons to use. 40
    --------------------------

III. DO ORDINARY PEOPLE MURDER?

The “more guns equal more death” mantra seems plausible only when viewed through the rubric that murders mostly in‐ volve ordinary people who kill because they have access to a firearm when they get angry. If this were true, murder might well increase where people have ready access to firearms, but the available data provides no such correlation. Nations and

areas with more guns per capita do not have higher murder rates than those with fewer guns per capita.53

Nevertheless, critics of gun ownership often argue that a “gun in the closet to protect against burglars will most likely be used to shoot a spouse in a moment of rage . . . . The problem is you and me—law‐abiding folks;”54 that banning handgun posses‐ sion only for those with criminal records will “fail to protect us from the most likely source of handgun murder: ordinary citi‐ zens;”55 that “most gun‐related homicides . . . are the result of impulsive actions taken by individuals who have little or no criminal background or who are known to the victims;”56 that “the majority of firearm homicide[s occur] . . . not as the result of criminal activity, but because of arguments between people who know each other;”57 that each year there are thousands of gun murders “by law‐abiding citizens who might have stayed law‐abiding if they had not possessed firearms.”58

These comments appear to rest on no evidence and actually con‐ tradict facts that have so uniformly been established by homicide studies dating back to the 1890s that they have become “crimino‐ logical axioms.”59 Insofar as studies focus on perpetrators, they show that neither a majority, nor many, nor virtually any murder‐ ers are ordinary “law‐abiding citizens.”60

Rather, almost all mur‐ derers are extremely aberrant individuals with life histories of violence, psychopathology, substance abuse, and other dangerous behaviors. “The vast majority of persons involved in life‐ threatening violence have a long criminal record with many prior contacts with the justice system.”61 “Thus homicide—[whether] of a

stranger or [of] someone known to the offender—‘is usually part of a pattern of violence, engaged in by people who are known . . . as violence prone.’”62

Though only 15% of Americans over the age of 15 have arrest records,63 approximately 90 percent of “adult mur‐ derers have adult records, with an average adult criminal career [involving crimes committed as an adult rather than a child] of six or more years, including four major adult felony arrests.”64

Most murder victims in big cities have criminal record - WND

A review of murder statistics across America shows that in many large cities, up to 90 percent of the victims have criminal records.
    -------
    The report concludes that “of the 2011 homicide victims, 77 percent (66) had a least one prior arrest and of the known 2011 homicide suspects 90 percent (74) had at least one prior arrest.”
    ----------

In early 2012, after pressure put on the police by murder victims’ families in New Orleans, the police department stopped revealing whether or not the murder victim had a prior record.

---------------

Though data is no longer published in Baltimore, USA Today reported in 2007 that 91 percent of the then-205 murder victims in the city between Jan. 1 and Aug. 31, 2007, had criminal records.

---------
    A WND review of the Philadelphia Police Department Murder and Shooting Analysis for 2011 shows a similar pattern to that of other large cities in America – a majority of the murder victims have prior records.

--------
    In Philadelphia in 2011, of 324 murders, 81 percent (263) of the victims had at least one prior arrest; 62 percent (164) had been arrested for a violent crime prior to their murder.

----------

In Newark, N.J., long considered one of America’s most dangerous cities, 85 percent of the 165 murder victims between 2009 and 2010 had serious arrest histories.

Anthony Braga, a professor with the Rutgers-Newark School of Criminal Justice, told the Newark Star-Ledger that 85 percent of 165 murder victims in Newark between 2009 and 2010 had been arrested at least once before they were killed.

Those victims, he said, had, on average, 10 prior arrests on their criminal records.

A WND review of the Chicago Police Department Murder Analysis reports from 2003 to 2011 provides a statistical breakdown of the demographics of both the victims and offenders in the 4,265 murders in Chicago over that time period.

Of the victims of murder in Chicago from 2003 to 2011, an average of 77 percent had a prior arrest history, with a high of 79 percent of the 436 murdered in Chicago in 2010 having arrest histories.

-----
    When Gun Violence Felt Like a Disease, a City in Delaware Turned to the C.D.C.

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

They were here to examine gun violence.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
    .-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59,057

....my doctor told me to start killing people.

Well, not in those exact words. He told me I had to reduce the stress in my life, which is pretty much the same thing.

4. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,521
    Hold up Tonto... you are referring to a proposal from an Oakland assemblyman to end “grandfather clauses” for assault weapons and large capacity magazines. Something that never even gained traction and you are using that to back up your statement that California is confiscating guns? Come on!

I’m fine with your pro gun stance but you gotta be honest with your debate if you want your arguments respected

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,811
    Stick to the topic of the thread, please, which is not religion. Thanks

6. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55,965

They tried to confiscate guns..... using the registration records. Do you think they won't do it in the future?

7. Porter Rockwell

Porter Rockwell VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,087
    I have to say that is by far the best post you have ever put on this board IMO. It is both honest and accurate.

There will a post Trump era run by out of control liberals. Today, we just sit back and let the "chosen one" extol his virtues while we do nothing to prepare for what lies ahead in either the next election OR the one to follow. America IS going left.

I used to teach (read that closely used to) a program called S.P.I.K.E. which was initiated by Lt. Col. James "Bo" Gritz. Gritz was a former Green Beret - actually the most decorated war veteran of the Vietnam era and a CIA operative. He taught the same skills taught to Green Berets, Navy SEALs, Rangers, and other Special Operations types to a group of civilians. He then told us to go out and teach those skills to the American people as they would one day need them in the United States. Today you could get more people to join a gay Nazi discussion board than to prepare for what is coming.

Those of you who are not participating in training, think tank groups, and prepping - and did I mention training, WILL submit when the government says register your weapon and then later when they say turn them in. So, don't get too heavily invested in them. You're going to stand in a long line and then watch some clown use a saw to cut your weapons into pieces of scrap.

8. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,521
    If a law was passed to confiscate guns then that law and the elected officials who wrote and voted for it would be the cause. Not registration. Registration would help officials know who owns what but the law is the law. If you don’t want registration for fear of the government knowing what you have in the case a confiscation law is passed then you are advocating illegality owning weapons.

Regardless, you aren’t honestly stating your argument. A proposal from an assembly man that didn’t go anywhere is not evidence that Cali was confiscating guns.