CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

BUT, if they actually enforce current penalties, it increases the probability that someone will face an actual penalty for his crime.
This is an effective increase in penalties.
Why won't actual enforcement of current penalties lead to the perp just killing the victim to avoid having a witness?
because current penalties are not a life sentence,,,
How is a life sentence commensurate with robbery? More importantly; who is gonna have to foot the bill for the convicted persons room, board, medical, and security?

Paying to keep a violent criminal in prison is cheaper than the damage and cost they create running out in public.
Can you prove that assertion?

Here...one look at the cost of various crimes...

The Cost of Crime to Society: New Crime-Specific Estimates for Policy and Program Evaluation

30,000 dollars a year or so to keep a criminal locked up...

vs...

Total costs (first reported in 2000 U.S. dollars) were $4.4 million per act of murder/manslaughter, $219,286 per robbery, $369,739 per rape/sexual assault, $105,545 per aggravated assault, $22,739 per property offense, and $28,121 per drug offense.
There is no way you're going to convince any reasonable person that the average robbery is $219,000. No way. That number likely includes the price of the investigation, and trial as well. Costs that will be in addition to your proposed life sentences. Therefore there is no way your method will save taxpayers money. Not a chance.

How is a life sentence commensurate with robbery? More importantly; who is gonna have to foot the bill for the convicted persons room, board, medical, and security?

Paying to keep a violent criminal in prison is cheaper than the damage and cost they create running out in public.

The Cost of Crime to Society: New Crime-Specific Estimates for Policy and Program Evaluation

vs...

Total costs (first reported in 2000 U.S. dollars) were $4.4 million per act of murder/manslaughter, $219,286 per robbery, $369,739 per rape/sexual assault, $105,545 per aggravated assault, $22,739 per property offense, and $28,121 per drug offense.
There is no way you're going to convince any reasonable person that the average robbery is $219,000. No way. That number likely includes the price of the investigation, and trial as well. Costs that will be in addition to your proposed life sentences. Therefore there is no way your method will save taxpayers money. Not a chance.

Wrong....we aren't talking just one robbery...we are talking the guy walking around robbing people daily....... medical expenses, lost property, the whole thing averaged over a year of robbing people over and over again....

A criminal in prison is cheaper than a criminal raping, robbing and even murdering people.....

vs...

Wrong....we aren't talking just one robbery...we are talking the guy walking around robbing people daily....... medical expenses, lost property, the whole thing averaged over a year of robbing people over and over again....

A criminal in prison is cheaper than a criminal raping, robbing and even murdering people.....

which guy are you talking about??

FAIL! Start publicly hanging violent murderers, rapists, robbers, and pedos; It doesn't matter what weapons they used.

Not only does it free up space in the jails, it makes them safer, too. Also less police, judges, lawyers and corrections officers are needed.

vs...

Sounds like a lot of speculation. Speculation that doesn't add up from where I'm sitting....

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

I have not read the 17 pages of responses (though I will read them eventually), but I wanted to thank you for effort, but sadly have to disagree with you on how to stop gun violence.

The objective of the founders was that everybody who wanted one could own a firearm. Maintaining a militia was already an impossible task, so the founders / framers settled on making sure that the preexisting Right to keep and bear Arms was guaranteed.

Even if you instituted the death penalty, the people you call criminals can still get a firearm AND many Americans are historically attuned to the fact that the Right to keep and bear Arms is an absolute, inherent, unalienable, natural, God given and irrevocable Right that is above the law. Even the most law abiding American is going to own a firearm. If you cannot trust a "criminal" to own a firearm, why did you let them out of prison in the first place? Don't you think that by creating different classes of citizens you will ultimately end up with either the law abiding having to forfeit their Rights OR an internal civil war will erupt due to the disparities between classes of citizens?

If you brought your idea here as a starting point - an idea to be discussed and culled for workable ideas, I can appreciate that. But, historically punishment is not a deterrent to crime. We already have more people in prison than any nation on the planet. Drug charges can screw up the rest of your entire life. For every drug addict in a mental health facility, more than 10 drug addicts are in prison. It doesn't sound to me that you have really thought this through.

I have a plan to reduce mass shootings (not the drug deal type shootings that are used for sensationalism), but the Sandy Hook, Parkland, Columbine, El Paso kinds of mass shootings by 90 percent. AND, I'm not just pulling numbers out of my ass. I have spent upward of four decades on the research. It would impact the drug deals gone bad / gang shootings and domestic violence - but I could not fathom a guess as to how much. For the real mass shootings I can do what I claim and it would not take an increase in taxes, no new bureaucracies and no gun control. Because it contains NO gun control, the liberals won't support it and, for unexplained reasons, the Republicans never back preventative measures. They have become reactionaries. Anyway, that is my initial thoughts.

And I respectfully disagree with you.... As japan shows, if the penalty for using a gun is too high, the criminals will change their behavior....why use a gun to commit a rape that will get you 7 years for the rape, but using a gun makes it a life sentence? Why carry a gun in your pants when a random stop by police for speeding or any other encounter will equal a 10 year sentence?

As to the argument about we already have more people in prison.....if you have read my other posts, you will see that the problem isn't how many we have in prison, but how many democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians let out on Bond from jail, and out of prison on light sentences.....allowing them to go back out to the community despite multiple gun felonies...where they eventually end up murdering people...

Our problem isn't locking people up...our problem is the democrat party judges letting repeat, known, violent gun offenders out of prison over and over again....my plan stops this.

I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree.

Every time we look for a solution to a problem in America, we seem to be going to other countries. Sometimes solutions that work in one place don't work in others.

For example, how far does one have to go in Japan to find illegal drug importers?

How come America consumes over 80 percent of the world's opioid supply?

Did you know that Japan professes to be the most racially pure nation on earth?

Did you know that the fall of EVERY empire on earth was preceded by the mixing of races, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, creeds, political persuasions, and national orientations as we have done in the United States?

Despite some of the harshest penalties in the world for drugs, prison has not been a deterrent to drug use in America. Why?

Have you considered that Japan was beaten back into the stone age and thoroughly defeated in war while America took on the world's superpower and declared their independence via war and became the greatest nation in the annals of history?

If you want the same result as Japan, you are going to have to think further down the road. Japan has about a third of the population of the United States, with an average of 10,493 people seek asylum per year compared to over 40,000 people in the U.S. per year. Japan gets about 300,000 incoming undocumented foreigners per year. How many do you think the U.S. gets?

I'm thinking if you want the same results as Japan, then you're going to have to make a lot of changes to make it an apples to apples comparison. Changing the culture will do more to give you results than making more laws you cannot afford to enforce.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

I have not read the 17 pages of responses (though I will read them eventually), but I wanted to thank you for effort, but sadly have to disagree with you on how to stop gun violence.

The objective of the founders was that everybody who wanted one could own a firearm. Maintaining a militia was already an impossible task, so the founders / framers settled on making sure that the preexisting Right to keep and bear Arms was guaranteed.

Even if you instituted the death penalty, the people you call criminals can still get a firearm AND many Americans are historically attuned to the fact that the Right to keep and bear Arms is an absolute, inherent, unalienable, natural, God given and irrevocable Right that is above the law. Even the most law abiding American is going to own a firearm. If you cannot trust a "criminal" to own a firearm, why did you let them out of prison in the first place? Don't you think that by creating different classes of citizens you will ultimately end up with either the law abiding having to forfeit their Rights OR an internal civil war will erupt due to the disparities between classes of citizens?

If you brought your idea here as a starting point - an idea to be discussed and culled for workable ideas, I can appreciate that. But, historically punishment is not a deterrent to crime. We already have more people in prison than any nation on the planet. Drug charges can screw up the rest of your entire life. For every drug addict in a mental health facility, more than 10 drug addicts are in prison. It doesn't sound to me that you have really thought this through.

I have a plan to reduce mass shootings (not the drug deal type shootings that are used for sensationalism), but the Sandy Hook, Parkland, Columbine, El Paso kinds of mass shootings by 90 percent. AND, I'm not just pulling numbers out of my ass. I have spent upward of four decades on the research. It would impact the drug deals gone bad / gang shootings and domestic violence - but I could not fathom a guess as to how much. For the real mass shootings I can do what I claim and it would not take an increase in taxes, no new bureaucracies and no gun control. Because it contains NO gun control, the liberals won't support it and, for unexplained reasons, the Republicans never back preventative measures. They have become reactionaries. Anyway, that is my initial thoughts.

Mass public shootings are not effected by my idea....they need to be dealt with differently.....share your idea here, or start a new thread and we can discuss it.

I can start another thread IF you will participate. The reality is, most people don't give a shit about saving lives. It's either you believe in control or you don't.

When it comes to firearms. not all cultures are equal. Our diversity proves it. Additionally, there is one area you should carefully research. See how many countries banned guns and take a look at not only how many were surrendered, but how many were NOT given up.

Given that you believe an increase in penalties would most likely lead to the perp just killing the victim to avoid having a witness, I have to wonder why you support full enforcement of current penalties.
I support what we have because its what we have,, the problem is its not being enforced,,
BUT, if they actually enforce current penalties, it increases the probability that someone will face an actual penalty for his crime.
This is an effective increase in penalties.
Why won't actual enforcement of current penalties lead to the perp just killing the victim to avoid having a witness?

Preventing a person from becoming a violent criminal is cheaper than imprisoning them; rehabilitating them while they are in prison makes more sense than creating different classes of society.

The man who commits a crime, pays for it and is rehabilitated should have the Right to provide for the safety of his household once he's let out of prison. If you cannot trust someone, you should not allow them to go back into society.

Put criminals into prison and then let them decide when they get out. When is that? When they have proven to be rehabilitated. While in prison, get a GED, learn some job skills, do drug rehab, take seminars to learn how to look for a job, balance a checkbook and function in society.

..you can NEVER change humans from--------being HUMAN--this is undeniable--they will always murder
much--MUCH easier to control guns--you can't ''control'' humans--undeniable
...70% of murders caused by firearms--NOT knives/pools/cars --why would you even think about knives/cars/pools?????!!!

......murder has life sentences but we have one of the highest murder rates in developed countries...there, your theory becomes crap instantly
Why do you oppose harsh sentences for people who use guns to commit crime?
murder can be a life sentence
...why are your so nonsensical???? 70% of murders are caused by firearms, and you people talk about cars/knives/POOLS!!!!!-----------???!!!!!!

..you can NEVER change humans from--------being HUMAN--this is undeniable--they will always murder
...70% of murders caused by firearms--NOT knives/pools/cars --why would you even think about knives/cars/pools?????!!!
There was a time when 100% of murders were committed without guns.
Then what?

Then what?
......and the dumbest shit is 2AGuy trying to use the UK for PRO gun arguments!!!!!!!
this encapsulates all his [ the ] arguments
hahahhahaha

Then what?
......and the dumbest shit is 2AGuy trying to use the UK for PRO gun arguments!!!!!!!
hahahhahaha
Then what?

And I respectfully disagree with you.... As japan shows, if the penalty for using a gun is too high, the criminals will change their behavior....why use a gun to commit a rape that will get you 7 years for the rape, but using a gun makes it a life sentence? Why carry a gun in your pants when a random stop by police for speeding or any other encounter will equal a 10 year sentence?

As to the argument about we already have more people in prison.....if you have read my other posts, you will see that the problem isn't how many we have in prison, but how many democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians let out on Bond from jail, and out of prison on light sentences.....allowing them to go back out to the community despite multiple gun felonies...where they eventually end up murdering people...

Our problem isn't locking people up...our problem is the democrat party judges letting repeat, known, violent gun offenders out of prison over and over again....my plan stops this.

Every time we look for a solution to a problem in America, we seem to be going to other countries. Sometimes solutions that work in one place don't work in others.

For example, how far does one have to go in Japan to find illegal drug importers?

Did you know that the fall of EVERY empire on earth was preceded by the mixing of races, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, creeds, political persuasions, and national orientations as we have done in the United States?

Despite some of the harshest penalties in the world for drugs, prison has not been a deterrent to drug use in America. Why?

Have you considered that Japan was beaten back into the stone age and thoroughly defeated in war while America took on the world's superpower and declared their independence via war and became the greatest nation in the annals of history?

If you want the same result as Japan, you are going to have to think further down the road. Japan has about a third of the population of the United States, with an average of 10,493 people seek asylum per year compared to over 40,000 people in the U.S. per year. Japan gets about 300,000 incoming undocumented foreigners per year. How many do you think the U.S. gets?

I'm thinking if you want the same results as Japan, then you're going to have to make a lot of changes to make it an apples to apples comparison. Changing the culture will do more to give you results than making more laws you cannot afford to enforce.

I'll start with a life sentence if you use a gun for a crime....that crosses all cultures, and at a minimum.....that specific criminal will be in jail for life, not shooting people after he pays bail......

Then what?
hahahhahaha

This is the CDZ.....please post accordingly.

I'll start with a life sentence if you use a gun for a crime....that crosses all cultures, and at a minimum.....that specific criminal will be in jail for life, not shooting people after he pays bail......

You are advocating that potential innocent people have to pick between protecting their life and serving life. Great plan. Not.

How has this worked in Japan?

It works fine in Japan.

They banned private gun ownership during the Meiji Restoration. Also sword ownership, which is kind of sad, because swords are cool.

Japan has never had a Right to keep and bear Arms. If you want an all white monarchy and Trump to lead you into the promised land, petition him for it. He would love it ... and he is anti--gun. You have to take the bad with the good, but hey if that's how you want to live...

The American left would scream racism round the clock over this because prisons would be overnight overcrowded with black and Hispanic gangbangers, narco-traffickers, corner dealers and crackhead stick-up men.
If the jailed were fairly convicted, then non-criminals should not scream about it, but ...

the American right will scream about the extra taxes needed to support the overcrowded prisons.

Forum List

Back