My Granddaughters report card

Emmett

Sep 1, 2005
Murrayville, Ga
I am happy to report that my little granddaughter (Lexi) not only got stright A's on her most recent report card last week but she got stright A+'s. 6 of them. Why would I be reporting this to you on the board you ask? Well I didn't want to descriminate sinc I have told every single person I come in contact with I figured I would tell you good folks as well :banana:

It's interesting, I have eight grandchildren. 4/4. 6 of them are in school. Two are in either K or 1st grade so they only get S's and N's and are not graded on A theu F etc,.. yet. Of the four that are graded the girls get stright A's, the boys do OK but are not comp with the girls.

Not that anyone would remember but I wrote a little piece around X-mas about Lexi having experienced the Happy Holidays pitch from her second grade teacher. She had a problem with it. I am happy to report that she has now advanced her conservative studies solely on her own. Yesterday, out of the blue this kid told me on the phone that she didn't think it was normal for people to be ........... are you ready for this.............GAY! That's right, 8 yrs old and this kid came up with this out of the twilight zone man.

Here's the deal. While she was at a birthday party of one of her friends a kid (fourth grader according to Lex) mentioned that her mommy had a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend. How they got on the subject I have no idea. Lex (always the diplomat) didn't say anything to the kid, she told me she didn't want to hurt her feelings, but indicated to me that she thought it was "weird". As I was oohing and ahhing and trying to decide how to respond she casually said "Oh, don't worry Pappy, I know about that stuff".

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just shot myself in the head!

She is eight! EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She went on to tell me that she and some friends at Bible School had already had that conversation when they ran across it in the bible. I thought they used some kidsy version of the Bible at Bible school. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now understand this kid reads at Middle School level OK! Last week she was reading a Tami Hoag murder mystery. She said she liked it but thought Mrs. Hoag could have cussed less and still had a good story!

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne. What do I do with this kid? Straight A+'s, knows about homo's and reads Tami Hoag books. Do I freak out now or tomorrow?

Hope all are well, ya'll have a nice evening!

Emmett said:
I am happy to report that my little granddaughter (Lexi) not only got stright A's on her most recent report card last week but she got stright A+'s. 6 of them. Why would I be reporting this to you on the board you ask? Well I didn't want to descriminate sinc I have told every single person I come in contact with I figured I would tell you good folks as well :banana:

It's interesting, I have eight grandchildren. 4/4. 6 of them are in school. Two are in either K or 1st grade so they only get S's and N's and are not graded on A theu F etc,.. yet. Of the four that are graded the girls get stright A's, the boys do OK but are not comp with the girls.

Not that anyone would remember but I wrote a little piece around X-mas about Lexi having experienced the Happy Holidays pitch from her second grade teacher. She had a problem with it. I am happy to report that she has now advanced her conservative studies solely on her own. Yesterday, out of the blue this kid told me on the phone that she didn't think it was normal for people to be ........... are you ready for this.............GAY! That's right, 8 yrs old and this kid came up with this out of the twilight zone man.

Here's the deal. While she was at a birthday party of one of her friends a kid (fourth grader according to Lex) mentioned that her mommy had a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend. How they got on the subject I have no idea. Lex (always the diplomat) didn't say anything to the kid, she told me she didn't want to hurt her feelings, but indicated to me that she thought it was "weird". As I was oohing and ahhing and trying to decide how to respond she casually said "Oh, don't worry Pappy, I know about that stuff".

She went on to tell me that she and some friends at Bible School had already had that conversation when they ran across it in the bible. I thought they used some kidsy version of the Bible at Bible school. Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now understand this kid reads at Middle School level OK! Last week she was reading a Tami Hoag murder mystery. She said she liked it but thought Mrs. Hoag could have cussed less and still had a good story!

Kathianne. What do I do with this kid? Straight A+'s, knows about homo's and reads Tami Hoag books. Do I freak out now or tomorrow?

LOL! Doubt there is much you need to do! If she gets 'bored' then there'll be something to be addressed, but my guess is she is already being 'enriched' by her parents. She seems to keep her mind active on her own, obviously thinking when other kids are doing 'work.' Nothing bad there! :thup: Congratulations to Lexi!

she is well on her way to becoming a true "American Independent"....!

Emmett said:

I'll tell you what you need to do. Keep her off drugs and alcohol, and advance her in her studies as you can. She obviously had a gift, I would sure hate it to not be recognized or worse, wasted.

Forum List

Back