My Grampa passed away last night

He had been on hospice for two weeks because of heart failure and kidney failure. He was able to see all of his grandchildren in the past two weeks.

He died at home peacefully at the age of 93. I'll miss him.

Thanks in advance for your condolences.

I can tell he knows he was loved.

Doesn't life suck! Thank God these moments are few and far in between, knock on wood. But then the older we get, the more often people die. First its grandparents and then parents and aunts and uncles and then cousins and siblings and friends, if you are the lucky one and outlive them all. Imagine how many friends and family members your 93 year old Grandfather lost. I don't think it gets easier. Even when they got 93 years its still not enough. Its never enough. I think we are actually more sad for ourselves because we lost them. They are hopefully in a better place.

Listen to Luther Vandross' Dance With My Father Again. You will cry but its good to mourn and cry and let it out. That's love. God bless you and your family.

I'm sorry for your loss. If you want my Buddhist sangha to pray for your grampa for the next 49 days, PM me with his real name and day he died. I can put him on the prayer list.

Forum List

Back