My GOD is This UGLY!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I don't know what they were thinking when they designed the front of this thing. Maybe someone was heavily influenced by the movie "Cars". All it needs is two eye balls in the windshield.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
I don't know what they were thinking when they designed the front of this thing. Maybe someone was heavily influenced by the movie "Cars". All it needs is two eye balls in the windshield.

Acura Advanc Sedan...
acuraadvancsedan661024xbe2.jpg

I agree, it looks like someone is trying way to hard to look modern. There isn't a pleasing line on it.:puke:

Ugly alright! One other thing I noticed that I’ve been seeing a lot of. What’s with the rear wheels being right at the ass end of the car? Imagine the damage to the drive train in a rear end accident. Not to mention the loss of 'crunch factor' (my term) before the offending vehicle enters the passanger compartment.

Acura Advanc Sedan...
acuraadvancsedan661024xbe2.jpg

Perhaps they wanted to make a car that appeals to women or to rich guys who aren't well endowed by Nature and are trying to compensate.... it has a phallic look to it....

I either have a dirty mind or else I'm starting to sound like a psych major....

Ugly alright! One other thing I noticed that I’ve been seeing a lot of. What’s with the rear wheels being right at the ass end of the car? Imagine the damage to the drive train in a rear end accident. Not to mention the loss of 'crunch factor' (my term) before the offending vehicle enters the passanger compartment.

Acura has most likely done a lot of rearend crash test and found the data to be acceptable with regards to risk. Thus selling models would cover any losses in a rearend crash, and the ability to walk away is another factor. Most cars now are made on the crumble zone, so this maybe similar. Another thing is balance of the chassis/frame in relation to the rear tires. This would improve handling and over steer. And most importantly it is a concept car so it may not ever make it in the world

I wanna know what the hole in the middle of the hood by the windshield is for.
wiper fluid thingy perhaps? but then I don't see wipers either. could it be a car with the single wiper like the little rice rockets do, which looks stupid as well?

Really, it looks like a pathetic attempt at a mix of the Pontiac Crossfire and the Cadillac SLR Roadster (or CTS as well, since they are fairly similar).

-insert loud obnoxious buzzer sound- Try again Acura.

wiper fluid thingy perhaps? but then I don't see wipers either. could it be a car with the single wiper like the little rice rockets do, which looks stupid as well?

Really, it looks like a pathetic attempt at a mix of the Pontiac Crossfire and the Cadillac SLR Roadster (or CTS as well, since they are fairly similar).

-insert loud obnoxious buzzer sound- Try again Acura.

Acura is a rice rocket.....:poke:

Acura is a rice rocket.....:poke:
yeah, i know they are, but the rice rockets I am talking about are the pathetic, obnoxious ones that look like Maaco's paint supply exploded all over them and sound like they have a hole somewhere in the manifold. The single wiper thing is something that the kids that own these rice rockets do for some retarded reason. To put it as a feature on a production vehicle is even more retarded.

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
good points, but in my experience in being rear-ended (3 times now), the offending vehicle gets WAY more damage. The first one was in my friend's car and her's ended up with just messed up paint and the guy that hit her needed a new bumper and headlights. My car has been rear-ended twice now (both at about 20-25 mph), and both times it sustained less than $1k of damage and drove away to a safe point, yet the both the vehicles that hit me couldn't even move theirs without a tow. The one last Sept, her van wouldn't even start, and the one this past November, the front end was about 5" shorter and leaking both tranny and radiator fluid.

The wheel position is for handling. Its not designed to be repaired easily.

yeah, i know they are, but the rice rockets I am talking about are the pathetic, obnoxious ones that look like Maaco's paint supply exploded all over them and sound like they have a hole somewhere in the manifold. The single wiper thing is something that the kids that own these rice rockets do for some retarded reason. To put it as a feature on a production vehicle is even more retarded.

OMG that is classic, Well said....Indeed I agree I lived in Japan 20 years ago and they were into that then, I was young and it was cool. but I've aged a wee bit and it is now gay IMHO.
Cheers
BTW the one wiper design is european used in the racing circuit, less drag shit like that.

Forum List

Back