My goats got out last night...

About a week ago I came home to three more horses than usual in the field. I was wondering what my wife had done until I noticed they were the neighbors horses. Our electric fences had crossed and shorted each other and their horses simply pushed down the fence and they came on over for a visit.

no1tovote4 said:
About a week ago I came home to three more horses than usual in the field. I was wondering what my wife had done until I noticed they were the neighbors horses. Our electric fences had crossed and shorted each other and their horses simply pushed down the fence and they came on over for a visit.

I like horses...but am alergic. :(

And intimidated.... :(

-=d=- said:

Yeah, it is easy to get intimidated with animals so large, especially if you don't know how they will react. I was working with one that I was told was "trailer-shy". Well, along comes a truck pulling a trailer and the horse panicked, and I mean panicked the whole jumping in the air and dumping all the horse apples while kicking just before running away. I barely got my wife and the kids out of the horses way. For a time I couldn't be around horses that I didn't know, I was afraid they would panic...

no1tovote4 said:
About a week ago I came home to three more horses than usual in the field. .... and they came on over for a visit.
Well, at least you don't have to worry about baby horses.

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, it is easy to get intimidated with animals so large, especially if you don't know how they will react. I was working with one that I was told was "trailer-shy". Well, along comes a truck pulling a trailer and the horse panicked, and I mean panicked the whole jumping in the air and dumping all the horse apples while kicking just before running away. I barely got my wife and the kids out of the horses way. For a time I couldn't be around horses that I didn't know, I was afraid they would panic...

was watching a tv show the other night about a plastic surgeon that rebuilt a woman's face that was chewed off by a HORSE!

manu1959 said:
was watching a tv show the other night about a plastic surgeon that rebuilt a woman's face that was chewed off by a HORSE!

I would love to see the scenario that brought that about. I can't imagine a horse acting that way. Prey animals are not largely hungry for face skin.

no1tovote4 said:
I would love to see the scenario that brought that about. I can't imagine a horse acting that way. Prey animals are not largely hungry for face skin.

horse was super olde, it was her horse, and it got pissed off at her....so it mauled her

manu1959 said:
horse was super olde, it was her horse, and it got pissed off at her....so it mauled her

Crotchety old beast. It appears she wasn't being careful enough around a horse that is likely to act out. She knew the horse, I would bet it was careless action. I hope she didn't retaliate on the poor animal. There is a reason that the animals are "turned out to pasture" other than a reward for them. Sometimes they become too dangerous to handle in their old age.

My parents had a few buffalo run through their neighborhood a few weeks back. On the news they said it came from some farm about a mile away (they were running down a very busy street to even make it to my parents' neighborhood).

-=d=- said:

All things considered, my fav. story of my ex, then a date, involved a horse. Told it already.

Forum List

Back