My Game Change

Would the other players feel better if the thread is locked to only those playing?

Reading some of the posts on the other sites that host these games, this game is very tame here. If people can't handle what is said in the 2 games here so far, they'd never be able to handle the 'real' games elsewhere.

I think flexibility with the rules is important as we are still learning this game and some are learning each others' way of posting.

One of the things they pointed out as very important at the main Mafia site is that you have to trust the people you play with. Plot to kill them, sure, but trust is crucial for the game to proceed smoothly.

Regards from Rosie

And therein lies the rub.

The game loyalties are being transcended by the forum loyalties and when townies go after townies for friends who are scum in order to get the other game play?

Meh

And there is simply nothing that can be done about that fact. You cant erase relationships that you have - its simply impossible. Those that you trust more on the boards simply are going to have more trust within the game until we become better players.

Considering that there will likely be new players coming and old ones going - that is a dynamic that will exist through the game because of the nature of this site. We just need to learn how to deal.

I'm sure Wake will figure it out. He's a Mafia aficionado.

Listen I have an opinion on all of this that I am going to keep to myself for the most part to keep from hurting the game, Mafia here at USMB, or Wake.

All I will say is I would have no trouble playing the game with game related aggressive play. I've also looked at the other sites and they would ban some folks outright for some of the crap that happened here.

Besides, dead wolves shouldn't talk outside the dead zone and I won't vent there either. If any players hear some strange howling in the distance during the game, just ignore it. It's only me trying to psyche out the scum. :lol: ;)

I think flexibility with the rules is important as we are still learning this game and some are learning each others' way of posting.

One of the things they pointed out as very important at the main Mafia site is that you have to trust the people you play with. Plot to kill them, sure, but trust is crucial for the game to proceed smoothly.

Regards from Rosie

And therein lies the rub.

The game loyalties are being transcended by the forum loyalties and when townies go after townies for friends who are scum in order to get the other game play?

Meh

And there is simply nothing that can be done about that fact. You cant erase relationships that you have - its simply impossible. Those that you trust more on the boards simply are going to have more trust within the game until we become better players.

Considering that there will likely be new players coming and old ones going - that is a dynamic that will exist through the game because of the nature of this site. We just need to learn how to deal.
We're not talking about misplaced trust of online friends. At least I'm not, it's about the inability to put those friendships aside and play the game. Instead the game seems to have become fodder for their amusement.

From this point on I'm enacting Zone 1 USMB rules in the games I host.

Your voice counts. Please discuss if you wish.

Zone 1: -----Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No negative repping. No insulting, name-calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.

That is what I want. Everyone here is older than me. I am so disappointed.

But, that doesn't matter. I will enact these rules in our games for a reason.

Just a bit frustrated, is all. I don't want to see any more insulting that's not game-related. You can criticize a player's play and tear his or her's arguments apart. That I don't care about. What I do care about is the tone, and seeing this ugliness seep into our games, when it shouldn't even be. Receiving 50+ dramatic PMs in one day isn't fun.

Let's keep it civil, and lynch some scumfucks. :lol:

Last edited:

Zone 1: -----Civil discourse is the focus here, regardless of topic matter. Constructive criticism and debate is the tone. No negative repping. No insulting, name-calling, or putting down other posters. Consider it a lesson in Civics.

Just a bit frustrated, is all. I don't want to see any more insulting that's not game-related. You can criticize a player's play and tear his or her's arguments apart. That I don't care about. What I do care about is the tone, and seeing this ugliness seep into our games, when it shouldn't even be. Receiving 50+ dramatic PMs in one day isn't fun.

You want us to lynch scum?

Vote: Wake :3

Can I still insult people in my head? Cuz I got some doozies stored up let me tell you. :D

And only 50 PM's? Are you sure? Cuz by my count I sent you at least 75. ;)

And how dare you talk about my age. :lol:

I think the mature thing to do would be to not listen to you like this. :lalala:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back