My fundamental beliefs.

Come on, RGS... where are you, oh great non-partisan one?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No one is nonpartisan and I have NEVER claimed I was, but then you know that, don't you? I freely admit I am conservative, I am no moderate on most issues. I do not have trouble admitting what I am, why is it Liberals all want to pretend they are not? Ashamed of your belief system?

And lets play you and Larkinns little game, shall we? The original post is an opinion, last I checked opinions were acceptable and in fact encouraged. I never addressed whether I agree with the original opinion, do not need to. I addressed an ignorant statement by you. Though if you read my post and pay attention to what I am saying you would have noticed I also did NOT support the original claim either. But do keep pretending otherwise.

I find labelling a bit off-putting but I'm happy to defend my ideas and my values. Generally I'm fairly liberal but on some issues I can be quite conservative. As I said, I'm not happy with being labelled, I suspect that leads to people adopting ideas they don't really believe in but feel they have to do to peer pressure or sheer bloody-mindedness.

I find labelling a bit off-putting but I'm happy to defend my ideas and my values. Generally I'm fairly liberal but on some issues I can be quite conservative. As I said, I'm not happy with being labelled, I suspect that leads to people adopting ideas they don't really believe in but feel they have to do to peer pressure or sheer bloody-mindedness.

I do not fit in well with my label either. BUT it is appropriate. I am quite happy to be known as a conservative. Further I am quite happy be labeled a Republican, I did register as one after all.

We all have a range of beliefs that span, usually, more than one simple label, BUT we all also have a majority of views that do fit that label. It is telling when one wants to run away from what they clearly are.

Being pragmatic, I realize Social Security is never going away. To many people have paid in and there is no way to simply cut it off. Further I personally am opposed to abortion but unless the law is changed ( and the courts) it is legal and will remain so until laws are designed that judges can not throw out.

My party big wigs are all for illegal aliens flooding the US, just like dem big wigs are, for different reasons. I do not support nor agree with that, but it is not an issue that would cause me to change parties, because as I pointed out both major parties want the same thing on this issue.

I support the civil union of Homosexuals, giving them all the same legal rights as married couples.

I am clearly to the right of moderate. And I am not ashamed of it, nor do I need to pretend I am not where I am politically. Calling me a conservative is not an insult. Calling me religious is not an insult. I am not far right and I do not support nor vote for religious right wing nut jobs, my party kicked them out of high power positions quite a while back.

Good - if we can dump the labels that get pasted on - by others, then that's an improvement. I won't wear a self-imposed label because I'm not playing someone else's game. I'm aware of the shift by "liberals" to the label "progressive" because of what the "right" has done in smearing the label "liberal" (in the US I mean, it doesn't apply outside your borders) and using it to condemn self-labelled "liberals". It's just politics, that's all.

Forum List

Back