My first encounter with a Stupid Ebayer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dmp, Apr 7, 2006.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

May 12, 2004
    Thanks Received:
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Awhile back I bought a gift for a friend - a 1890s copy of Ben Hur. I actually bought TWO.

The first transaction was/is a nightmare.

Started out fine - I used a 'buy it now' to pick up a copy. I paid immediately and within a few days the book arrived.

I opened the package and thumbed through the book. Within 10 seconds I found one page COMPLETELY scribbled upon with Brown Crayon.

I went up to the computer and emailed the seller and provided pics.
    The next day I got an email saying:

"I'm so sorry! I should have noticed the damage! Please, send the book back and I'll cover shipping and everything!"

The next Day Mary dropped the book in the mail for me; We used Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation.

And I waited. A week later I sent the seller a note asking for prompt re-payment of the purchase price.

I got a reply of "The Check is in the Mail."

Still nothing a week later.

Eventually the seller paypals me $4 more than what I asked for.

I thought - That's a GOOD seller - talk about trying to go the extra mile, eh? :)

I left POSITIVE feedback for the seller:

"Honorable and professional - goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction"

Then...a few days ago I found THIS from them:

"Positive feedback: "Need to read description before bidding but they were nice"

I was a bit upset...While it was positive I thought it uneccesary. I shot a note to them:

Their reply today?

My last reply:

That biatch. :(

Yes....okay...I get it...My life must be VERY VERY Good if THIS is all I have about which to complain.

My life IS very good, thankyouverymuch!
  2. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Thanks Received:
    Seriously. This is nothing. You even made money on the deal.