My first encounter with a Stupid Ebayer...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Awhile back I bought a gift for a friend - a 1890s copy of Ben Hur. I actually bought TWO.

The first transaction was/is a nightmare.

Started out fine - I used a 'buy it now' to pick up a copy. I paid immediately and within a few days the book arrived.

I opened the package and thumbed through the book. Within 10 seconds I found one page COMPLETELY scribbled upon with Brown Crayon.

I went up to the computer and emailed the seller and provided pics.
The next day I got an email saying:

"I'm so sorry! I should have noticed the damage! Please, send the book back and I'll cover shipping and everything!"

The next Day Mary dropped the book in the mail for me; We used Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation.

And I waited. A week later I sent the seller a note asking for prompt re-payment of the purchase price.

I got a reply of "The Check is in the Mail."

Still nothing a week later.

Eventually the seller paypals me $4 more than what I asked for.

I thought - That's a GOOD seller - talk about trying to go the extra mile, eh? :)

I left POSITIVE feedback for the seller:

"Honorable and professional - goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction"

Then...a few days ago I found THIS from them:

"Positive feedback: "Need to read description before bidding but they were nice"

I was a bit upset...While it was positive I thought it uneccesary. I shot a note to them:

???
Need to read description before buying? What does that comment mean, in my feedback? There was NOTHING in the description about having a page completely covered with crayon? I was nice to you, and left very positive feedback, and get your snide remark? Adding but-they-were-nice to the end of your feedback doesn't make it good. :( I'm very disapointed.

Their reply today?

The description read on a scale of 1 to 10, this book is a 7 or 8, meaning NOT PERFECT. The book was described accurately. You charged me the max to ship it back. I should not have had to take it back, much less pay the outrageous shipping and conformation. You have caused me to change my Ebay guarantee so I won't go through this again. I think I was very gracious to give you all the money. You may now read description fully and ask questions before buying. You may not be so lucky next time. I really wanted to give bad feedback because I was dissapointed with your attitude.

My last reply:

I didn't charge you ANYTHING. I told you how much we paid to send the book priority mail. I didn't demand ANYTHING from you. You sent MORE than that; I thought you were just being nice. I had NO attitude - I was very polite until right now. You apologized for the book having the damage, and YOU offered a refund. I took you up on that offer, and now you are saying I have an attitude? Other than my note about the refund AFTER you'd received the book back, I've been very patient with you. NOT PERFECT means the book has wear and tear - NOT that the book is partially unreadable. Again, remember, YOU APOLOGIZED for the damange, and you said you SHOULD have caught the damage before hand. You might want to consider therapy.

That biatch. :(

Yes....okay...I get it...My life must be VERY VERY Good if THIS is all I have about which to complain.

:)

:D

My life IS very good, thankyouverymuch!

dmp said:
Awhile back I bought a gift for a friend - a 1890s copy of Ben Hur. I actually bought TWO.

The first transaction was/is a nightmare.

Started out fine - I used a 'buy it now' to pick up a copy. I paid immediately and within a few days the book arrived.

I opened the package and thumbed through the book. Within 10 seconds I found one page COMPLETELY scribbled upon with Brown Crayon.

I went up to the computer and emailed the seller and provided pics.
The next day I got an email saying:

"I'm so sorry! I should have noticed the damage! Please, send the book back and I'll cover shipping and everything!"

The next Day Mary dropped the book in the mail for me; We used Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation.

And I waited. A week later I sent the seller a note asking for prompt re-payment of the purchase price.

I got a reply of "The Check is in the Mail."

Still nothing a week later.

Eventually the seller paypals me $4 more than what I asked for.

I thought - That's a GOOD seller - talk about trying to go the extra mile, eh? :)

I left POSITIVE feedback for the seller:

"Honorable and professional - goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction"

Then...a few days ago I found THIS from them:

"Positive feedback: "Need to read description before bidding but they were nice"

I was a bit upset...While it was positive I thought it uneccesary. I shot a note to them:

Their reply today?

My last reply:

That biatch. :(

Yes....okay...I get it...My life must be VERY VERY Good if THIS is all I have about which to complain.

:)

:D

My life IS very good, thankyouverymuch!
Seriously. This is nothing. You even made money on the deal.

Forum List

Back