My first date with a woman who is not my ex-wife in over 30 years...

Also, she's against all organized religion, and I'm Catholic. I specifically told them Catholic was highly important to me.

Also, she's never been married, and I told them I wanted a woman who's been married.

Also, she's not had any children, so that's another whole area where we have nothing in common (I have three children).

When I said I'm done, what I meant is I paid for 11 meetings with women, and now I've used up my first and the match was totally wrong because they did not follow my directions.

Soo... if you find the perfect mate on the next one, do you get a refund for the other nine? If not, you could always sell the tickets or something....

Good point.
How do you explain that? "I think this is gonna work out really great but I have 8 more dates to go on..."

...and all she could talk about was her horses, her trips abroad to go horseback riding, and cleaning out her barn of horse manure.

I have ten more women to meet on my matchmaking service before I'm done.

I thought you were a woman? Do you have something against horses?

I like women that like/have horses.

...and all she could talk about was her horses, her trips abroad to go horseback riding, and cleaning out her barn of horse manure.

I have nothing against horses per se, but I'm not interested too much in a woman who literally talks about nothing else.

It occurred to me that the reason I like my ex-wife is she doesn't talk much, but is a really good listener.

I learned a lot about this woman and she learned almost nothing about me because she did all the talking and I did all the listening.

I have nothing against horses per se, but I'm not interested too much in a woman who literally talks about nothing else.

It occurred to me that the reason I like my ex-wife is she doesn't talk much, but is a really good listener.
Is she still single? :04:

My ex-wife has a boyfriend who she is living with, but I still see her two-three times a week, it's like we're still dating. I have no idea what she's telling the other guy because I never ask.

Also, she's against all organized religion, and I'm Catholic. I specifically told them Catholic was highly important to me.

Also, she's never been married, and I told them I wanted a woman who's been married.

Also, she's not had any children, so that's another whole area where we have nothing in common (I have three children).

When I said I'm done, what I meant is I paid for 11 meetings with women, and now I've used up my first and the match was totally wrong because they did not follow my directions.
They probably have a very limited supply of women to hook you up with.
They told me they had 2500 members and 65% were women.
2500 members in your area, or around the world? Anyway, you may as well meet more of the women. Maybe lower you expectations and simply go on the dates for the adventure of meeting someone new.
good advice! you should apply it to yourself, as well!!

I’m in the same boat. Also, I’m no catch myself. If any woman my age likes me, there has to be something wrong with her to have such low standards.

I hear ya. The greatest two things about my wife is that she has bad eyesight and terrible taste in men.

You are absolutely entitled to have your attention directed to women whose preferences line up with yours. The fact that they didn't do that on the FIRST contact would make me very skeptical about the integrity of the agency.

Although maybe they were put off by the fact that you say that Catholicism is important to you and you are divorced and dating. There is a little disconnect there.

Just busting your cojones.

My ex-wife has a boyfriend who she is living with, but I still see her two-three times a week, it's like we're still dating. I have no idea what she's telling the other guy because I never ask.
you should request an extra match up because they messed up on your request.

you are divorced, your ex has not married her boyfriend...

if you want another shot at it with her, let her know somehow, that you are HAPPILY dating women again... it'll peak her interest...

Most older unmarried women are trouble some way or another. Nurses, cat lovers or horse women are usually batshit crazy.

But what do I know? I have been married to the same woman for 47 years. The last time I went on a date Richard Nixon was President.

You are absolutely entitled to have your attention directed to women whose preferences line up with yours. The fact that they didn't do that on the FIRST contact would make me very skeptical about the integrity of the agency.

Although maybe they were put off by the fact that you say that Catholicism is important to you and you are divorced and dating. There is a little disconnect there.

Just busting your cojones.
OOOOOOOOO

2500 members in your area, or around the world? Anyway, you may as well meet more of the women. Maybe lower you expectations and simply go on the dates for the adventure of meeting someone new.
good advice! you should apply it to yourself, as well!!
I haven’t already paid for the introductions and I am happy being an old miser.

I would get an annulment if I really got serious with a Catholic woman. I heard they're really easy to get, I'd just hire a writer who specializes in writing up annulment requests, doesn't cost that much, a few hundred dollars.

Why I don't date. You find a single woman, my age, it's easy to see why they are single and thus not for me. Some way, some how they have aspects that drive men to flee, very very fast.
I’m in the same boat. Also, I’m no catch myself. If any woman my age likes me, there has to be something wrong with her to have such low standards.
you need to stop that bull crud RIGHT THIS SECOND!

if you think you are a loser, so will everyone else...especially women....

it's MIND OVER MATTER.... if you think you are a real catch, she will too.... she will at least give you a chance due to your confidence, and get to know you....

Another problem with the agency is I wanted to reveal certain serious issues about myself and they talked me out of it. In other words, they want me to go in without full disclosure. So, I must assume that I'm going to meet women who have serious issues that have not been disclosed to me.

Most older unmarried women are trouble some way or another. Nurses, cat lovers or horse women are usually batshit crazy.

But what do I know? I have been married to the same woman for 47 years. The last time I went on a date Richard Nixon was President.

I love cats!!! I have 4 of them. haha

Another problem with the agency is I wanted to reveal certain serious issues about myself and they talked me out of it. In other words, they want me to go in without full disclosure. So, I must assume that I'm going to meet women who have serious issues that have not been disclosed to me.
Would you like it if the woman you met dumped all her garbage in your lap on your first date?

Forum List

Back