My first date with a woman who is not my ex-wife in over 30 years...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...and all she could talk about was her horses, her trips abroad to go horseback riding, and cleaning out her barn of horse manure.

I have ten more women to meet on my matchmaking service before I'm done.

...and all she could talk about was her horses, her trips abroad to go horseback riding, and cleaning out her barn of horse manure.

There's a "done"? :eek:

Well, it could have been a cat woman.

Matchmaking services still exist? I thought they got driven out of business by internet dating sites!

Also, she's against all organized religion, and I'm Catholic. I specifically told them Catholic was highly important to me.

Also, she's never been married, and I told them I wanted a woman who's been married.

Also, she's not had any children, so that's another whole area where we have nothing in common (I have three children).

When I said I'm done, what I meant is I paid for 11 meetings with women, and now I've used up my first and the match was totally wrong because they did not follow my directions.

She was probably nervous and talked about what she knows best.

Also, she's against all organized religion, and I'm Catholic. I specifically told them Catholic was highly important to me.

Also, she's never been married, and I told them I wanted a woman who's been married.

Also, she's not had any children, so that's another whole area where we have nothing in common (I have three children).

When I said I'm done, what I meant is I paid for 11 meetings with women, and now I've used up my first and the match was totally wrong because they did not follow my directions.
They probably have a very limited supply of women to hook you up with.

She even had a horse head necklace. I'm serious that's all she cares about is horses.

They told me they had 2500 members and 65% were women.

2500 members in your area, or around the world? Anyway, you may as well meet more of the women. Maybe lower you expectations and simply go on the dates for the adventure of meeting someone new.

Why I don't date. You find a single woman, my age, it's easy to see why they are single and thus not for me. Some way, some how they have aspects that drive men to flee, very very fast.

Soo... if you find the perfect mate on the next one, do you get a refund for the other nine? If not, you could always sell the tickets or something....

It's not an internet website, it's an agency where you meet an actual person, and actual people match you up.

The problem is, my matchmaker ignored all the information I gave on the first interview sheet.

I'm going to tell my matchmaker that this first date should not count against my 11 because she ignored the criteria I set, one of which was that Catholic is important to me, and that the woman should have been married at least once.

Why I don't date. You find a single woman, my age, it's easy to see why they are single and thus not for me. Some way, some how they have aspects that drive men to flee, very very fast.
I’m in the same boat. Also, I’m no catch myself. If any woman my age likes me, there has to be something wrong with her to have such low standards.

Forum List

Back