My Final Offer!!!!

[...] Powell took his lumps in the way he was used by Bush and didn't whine about it. That took mondo class.

[...]
Huggy,

You are ignoring the critically important factor of why Bush was able to use Powell. The simple fact is Powell allowed himself to be used in a most dishonorable and treacherous way. He not only performed like the archetypal political whore, he betrayed the Nation that trusted him.

Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff so there is no room for doubt that he knew damn well there were no "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq. He allowed himself to present a completely bogus case to the public and to the United Nations. He knew exactly what he was doing and he did it in exchange for promotion to Secretary of State!

Without Powell's bogus presentation it is extremely unlikely that Bush would have gotten permission to invade Iraq, so it may be said without exaggeration that Colin Powell is directly responsible for the deaths of 4,400+ American military personnel who trusted and respected him, the maiming of tens of thousands more, the utter waste of trillions of dollars of our Treasure, and an ugly, indelible stain on the reputation of our Country.

Contrary to what you believe, Powell certainly has not "taken his lumps." He has in fact been permitted to slink away into relative obscurity. The lumps Mr. Powell deserves for what he did would come out of the barrels of a firing squad or at least by spending the remainder of his days in the administrative segregation wing of a federal prison.

The only reason Powell isn't "whining" about his voluntary banishment is he doesn't dare call attention to himself. He knows what he did and he knows there are plenty of Americans who would like to see him tried for his disgraceful crime.

Because I consider you to be among the most well informed and clear-thinking participants in this forum I am frankly surprised by your lenient disposition toward this rather disgusting individual. If the facts were more commonly known Colin Powell would be recognized as one of the most reprehsensible political figures in American history.

Last edited:
[...] Powell took his lumps in the way he was used by Bush and didn't whine about it. That took mondo class.

[...]
Huggy,

You are ignoring the critically important factor of why Bush was able to use Powell. The simple fact is Powell allowed himself to be used in a most dishonorable and treacherous way. He not only performed like the archetypal political whore, he betrayed the Nation that trusted him.

Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff so there is no room for doubt that he knew damn well there were no "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq. He allowed himself to present a completely bogus case to the public and to the United Nations. He knew exactly what he was doing and he did it in exchange for promotion to Secretary of State!

Without Powell's bogus presentation it is extremely unlikely that Bush would have gotten permission to invade Iraq, so it may be said without exaggeration that Colin Powell is directly responsible for the deaths of 4,400+ American military personnel who trusted and respected him, the maiming of tens of thousands more, the utter waste of trillions of dollars of our Treasure, and an ugly, indelible stain on the reputation of our Country.

Contrary to what you believe, Powell certainly has not "taken his lumps." He has in fact been permitted to slink away into relative obscurity. The lumps Mr. Powell deserves for what he did would come out of the barrels of a firing squad or at least by spending the remainder of his days in the administrative segregation wing of a federal prison.

The only reason Powell isn't "whining" about his voluntary banishment is he doesn't dare call attention to himself. He knows what he did and he knows there are plenty of Americans who would like to see him tried for his disgraceful crime.

Because I consider you to be among the most well informed and clear-thinking participants in this forum I am frankly surprised by your lenient disposition toward this rather disgusting individual. If the facts were more commonly known Colin Powell would be recognized as one of the most reprehsensible political figures in American history.

Powell hadn't been in charge of the military since Bush's daddy was prez. I do not know what he knew or did not know for sure. One thing I am sure of is that it was Cheney that was cherry picking the facts and harassing the CIA on a daily basis to spin the evidence towards an Iraq invasion. "Curve Ball" wasn't Powell's doing and perhaps he played "the good soldier" a little too compliantly. He certainly did not slow down the rush to judgment.

Ya his U N presentation seemed transparent to all observers but the clinically brain dead.

I already said I would forgive him that. Not forget. I would prefer to believe he is a good man that got suckered himself to a large degree. He didn't get as far as he did in the military because he is a chump. My guess is that as expensive as the whole scam was to America..for him personally it must have been a shocking and serious learning experience.

One I am certain he would never allow repeated in his own administration.

If you guys that stole my GOP can get Colin Powell to run for prez and I will vote for him. I am willing to overlook that United Nations "incident". That's my final offer.

That is all.

Fuck you and your final offer trying to get republicans to vote for an obviously phony RINO.

If you guys that stole my GOP can get Colin Powell to run for prez and I will vote for him. I am willing to overlook that United Nations "incident". That's my final offer.

That is all.

Fuck you and your final offer trying to get republicans to vote for an obviously phony RINO.

HMMMMmmm...???? Interesting debate style. Sparse and vulgar.

I'm unconvinced.

I'm struggling with the thought of running any of the usual suspects. I landed on Powell because I was thinking of republicans that actually had a serious chance of defeating Obama. I am SOOOooo... tired of the GOP elevating clowns and ideologues and expecting the public to vote for them. Just the thought of Americans taking someone like Trump or Palin seriously is extremely insulting. I believe Powell could and WOULD beat Obama. That has to be the first test...Who REALLY could and would win. If Powell won the nomination I can guarantee he wouldn't have to put some idiot like Palin on the ticket. I could even go for a Powell/McCain Ticket with McCain dropping out in the second term and a younger man/woman standing in for Powell's second term.

Why didn't you pick someone who shows an interest? And why would he now run against O for the office for which he endorsed him?

That is all.

I'm unconvinced.

You know, foremost amongst us anti-Liberals is the thought about how your RIDICULOUS offer will affect your inane vote.

Peddle your crap elsewhere...... and I know I speak for the overwhelming number of rational voters WE don't give a shit for your LUDICROUS offer and your inane vote.

I'm struggling with the thought of running any of the usual suspects. I landed on Powell because I was thinking of republicans that actually had a serious chance of defeating Obama. I am SOOOooo... tired of the GOP elevating clowns and ideologues and expecting the public to vote for them. Just the thought of Americans taking someone like Trump or Palin seriously is extremely insulting. I believe Powell could and WOULD beat Obama. That has to be the first test...Who REALLY could and would win. If Powell won the nomination I can guarantee he wouldn't have to put some idiot like Palin on the ticket. I could even go for a Powell/McCain Ticket with McCain dropping out in the second term and a younger man/woman standing in for Powell's second term.

Why didn't you pick someone who shows an interest? And why would he now run against O for the office for which he endorsed him?

Calm down. This is a message board. No one got nominated.:lol: If there was enough public support perhaps Powell would step up. Frankly I would find someone that wasn't trying to satisfy their over inflated ego refreshing.

I voted for Obama just to keep Palin out of any possible access to the White House.

I'm unconvinced.

You know, foremost amongst us anti-Liberals is the thought about how your RIDICULOUS offer will affect your inane vote.

Peddle your crap elsewhere...... and I know I speak for the overwhelming number of rational voters WE don't give a shit for your LUDICROUS offer and your inane vote.

"Peddle my crap elsewhere"? You really are stupid. This is my thread Sport. There is no elsewhere more appropriate. You really don't have to read it or post in it. Oh wait! You can start your OWN thread! I promise to ignore it. Problem solved! :lol:

I would vote for Powell in a heartbeat. In fact, he's on my 'wish list' for President. My ideal ticket would be Powell/Rice.

I adore Powell, and Condi is one of the smartest females in America.

Hell yeah! Powell would make a good President and Condi would be good as the VP.

geezus Hg.....that scenario would have the racists in this Country going nuts.....2 100% black people in the 1-2 slots .....:eek:

President Obama gets way too much credit for policies that were in effect when he took office. He ran against some of these things that he has found to be necessary to provide national security. He would have to be a total fool to change course after knowing what he now knows.

The economy is still in the toilet even though by definition, we are out of the recesssion. Unemployment is high and consumer confidence is low. When the afterglow of the bin Laden hit fades, he will be back to facing an out of control debt and deficit. I do agree though, with the current crop of GOP hopefuls, he has a good chance of re-election, no matter how screwed up things are.

I'm unconvinced.

"Peddle my crap elsewhere"? You really are stupid. This is my thread Sport. There is no elsewhere more appropriate. You really don't have to read it or post in it. Oh wait! You can start your OWN thread! I promise to ignore it. Problem solved! :lol:

The problem will be solved if overt or covert Obamarrhoidal stooges like you get flushed down the nearest toilet bowl.

you know, foremost amongst us anti-liberals is the thought about how your ridiculous offer will affect your inane vote.

Peddle your crap elsewhere...... And i know i speak for the overwhelming number of rational voters we don't give a shit for your ludicrous offer and your inane vote.

"peddle my crap elsewhere"? You really are stupid. This is my thread sport. There is no elsewhere more appropriate. You really don't have to read it or post in it. Oh wait! You can start your own thread! I promise to ignore it. Problem solved! :lol:

the problem will be solved if overt or covert obamarrhoidal stooges like you get flushed down the nearest toilet bowl.

gong!

The problem will be solved if overt or covert Obamarrhoidal stooges like you get flushed down the nearest toilet bowl.

Drinking again? It doesn't help your comprehension much does it. Let me say this

R e a l .... S l o w. ...... T h i s ..... T h r e a d ... I s .... I n .... S u p p o r t .... O f .... C o l i n.... P o w e l l .

N o t .... B a r a c k.... O b a m a. . .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back