My favorite Twilight Zone episode.

The music in this one is great. All that and Buddy Ebsen..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXFXv0pNZsk[/ame]

Art Carney as a down-and-out drunken Santa Claus always moved me.

His speech about the true meaning of Christmas is as poignant today as it was 50 years ago.

My favorite episode is the one where there is a threat of nuclear attack. Only one family in the neighborhood has a "bomb" shelter. The other families break down the door of the shelter to get in. One of the neighbors happens to be a Hispanic. He says, "Maybe we shouldn't do this. There isn't enough room for all of us". Then a dark haired white guys say, "Who cares what you think? You shut up. You should be happy we let YOUR KIND live here".
Just when it looks as if they might kill the family in the bomb shelter, the radio says it was all a mistake and the threat is "over".
Then there are 5 minutes of uncomfortable looks and embarrassed apologies. It was deep.
rdean, I am amazed!!

I thought for sure you would say that the family who had the "bomb" shelter were Republicans. :eusa_angel:

No, I'm pretty sure they were Democrats, you know, understanding science an all. The guy who said, "You should be happy we let YOUR KIND live here", was obviously a Republican. They say that now.

Always loved "Eye of the Beholder" and "To serve man"

Yeah that's a good'n. :thup:

I like Talking Tina and To Serve Man.

To Serve Man is absolutely the best. My other favorites are The Howling Man, The Eye of the Beholder, Third From The Sun, and Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up.

The one that disturbs me the most is Time Enough At Last. Burgess Meredith, a very near sighted introvert, is the only survivor of a (nuclear) attack. He gathers a pile of books from the rubble of a library, looking forward to having time enough at last to read...and then breaks his glasses.

I can't watch that one...too much anxiety.

Last edited:
Then there's the one (I don't remember the title) where a hobo, a ballerina, a clown, and some others find themselves trapped in some kind of metal cylinder and don't know how they got there.

they are dolls....

my favorite is the where the little girl falls into another deminsion in the wall of her bedroom....

its hard to find one i dont like

The one where the guy is the only person left on earth and has all the time he wants to read books, and then his glasses break.

Then there's the one (I don't remember the title) where a hobo, a ballerina, a clown, and some others find themselves trapped in some kind of metal cylinder and don't know how they got there.

they are dolls....

my favorite is the where the little girl falls into another deminsion in the wall of her bedroom....

its hard to find one i dont like

But some of them are pretty goofy.

Like the one with Burgess Meredith and Don Rickles where the two-headed alien gives the Burgess Meredith character super strength.

yea but they still had that twist....like the wm shatner ones...everyeone knows the plane who .....with the germlin on the wing...but how many remember the fortune telling machine...that causes him and his wife to stay in town and stay int the cafe

yea but they still had that twist....like the wm shatner ones...everyeone knows the plane who .....with the germlin on the wing...but how many remember the fortune telling machine...that causes him and his wife to stay in town and stay int the cafe

Two more of my favorites.

Really: can anyone whose seen that episode sit in a window seat on a plane flying at night and NOT look for a hairy beast walking around on the wing?

The one where the guy is the only person left on earth and has all the time he wants to read books, and then his glasses break.

"Time Enough at Last", a favorite.

Picking one favorite Twilight Zone for me however is difficult.

"Time Enough at Last" is a favorite. As is "To Serve Man", "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street", "He's Alive", "The Obsolete Man", "The Night of the Meek", "A Game of Pool", "Printer's Devil", "The Silence", "The Masks", "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?", "The Shelter", and "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" are all excellent episodes in their own right that are certainly memorable to say the least.

The Twilight Zone is one of the greatest shows to ever be on television. A combination of it's masterful storytelling (written amazingly for the most part by Rod Serling), great acting, and direction.

Really: can anyone whose seen that episode sit in a window seat on a plane flying at night and NOT look for a hairy beast walking around on the wing?

Uh, yeah dude, because I'm not 12 :rolleyes:

:D

My favorite Twilight Zone episodes are the ones that happen here daily on the USMB...........

Other than that:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgOMis4zJk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgOMis4zJk&feature=related[/ame]

Forum List

Back