my favorite Heston film

Planet of the Apes was a profound movie. Thats my favorite.

first lines]
George Taylor: And that completes my final report until we reach touchdown. We're now on full automatic, in the hands of the computers. I have tucked my crew in for the long sleep and I'll be joining them soon. In less than an hour, we'll finish our sixth month out of Cape Kennedy. Six months in deep space - by our time, that is. According to Dr. Haslein's theory of time, in a vehicle travelling nearly the speed of light, the Earth has aged nearly 700 years since we left it, while we've aged hardly at all. Maybe so. This much is probably true - the men who sent us on this journey are long since dead and gone. You who are reading me now are a different breed - I hope a better one. I leave the 20th century with no regrets. But one more thing - if anybody's listening, that is. Nothing scientific. It's purely personal. But seen from out here everything seems different. Time bends. Space is boundless. It squashes a man's ego. I feel lonely. That's about it. Tell me, though. Does man, that marvel of the universe, that glorious paradox who sent me to the stars, still make war against his brother? Keep his neighbor's children starving?

[the first words ever spoken by a human to the apes]
George Taylor: Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!

[last lines]
George Taylor: Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it.
[screaming]
George Taylor: You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

300px-statue_of_liberty_in_planet_of_the_apes.jpg

You're such a dork.

Oh sorry, I said Fahrenheit 911 earlier, but it was Bowling for Columbine. It all kind of mixes together into one big movie for me.

300px-statue_of_liberty_in_planet_of_the_apes.jpg

See? Global climate change!

Now, I have to grovel to be forgiven for such a spectacular effort at derailing a thread. Any minute now they'll be in here, denouncing me.

So in advance - sod off you lot! It was a joke! :eusa_whistle:

I don't care, after that crap he pulled in Denver a week after the Columbine incident I not only won't watch his films, but could absolutely careless that he's dead. He was an asshole, plain and simple.

Just like I don't watch Mel Gibson films anymore either

I don't care, after that crap he pulled in Denver a week after the Columbine incident I not only won't watch his films, but could absolutely careless that he's dead. He was an asshole, plain and simple.

Nobody really cares. Rest assured you are seen for who and what you are.

wow, i bet mel cries himself to sleep

Heston campaigned for Presidential candidate Adlai Stevenson in 1956 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.[15] Reportedly when an Oklahoma movie theater premiering his movie El Cid was segregated, he joined a picket line outside in 1961.[16] Heston makes no reference to this in his autobiography, but describes traveling to Oklahoma City to picket segregated restaurants, much to the chagrin of Allied Artists, the producers of El Cid.[17] During the civil rights march held in Washington, D.C. in 1963, he accompanied Martin Luther King Jr. In later speeches, Heston said he helped the civil rights cause, "long before Hollywood found it fashionable."[18]

Following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, Heston and actors Gregory Peck, Kirk Douglas and James Stewart issued a statement calling for support of President Johnson's Gun Control Act of 1968.[19][20] He opposed the Vietnam War and in 1969 was approached by the Democratic Party to run for the U.S. Senate. He agonized over the decision and ultimately determined he could never give up acting.[21]

By the 1980s, Heston opposed affirmative action, supported gun rights and changed his political affiliation from Democratic to Republican. When asked why he changed political alliances, Heston replied "I didn't change. The Democratic party changed."

======================================

The guy fought for civil rights, picketed segregated places and marched with MLK, and you call him an asshole.

Unbelieveable.

Forum List

Back