My favorite films

Said1 said:
My ex could do that perfectly, he has long skinny legs like Cleece (SP?). We used to say "funny walker" when one of us saw someone walking funny. :laugh:

Cleese is good, I always liked Mike Palin as well.
Actually they are all good....

Cleese was especially good in Life of Brian
That stoning scene is hilarious

Bonnie said:
Cleese is good, I always liked Mike Palin as well.
Actually they are all good....

I say the same thing, Cleese is my favorite, but they're all good too.

Another Brit show I love is Absolutely Fabulous.

Bonnie said:
But father I don't want to marry her, I just want to sing!!!!!!!

Oh no you don't! Nobody's breakin' into song while I'm around!

You don't understand son, I built this castle in a swamp. Everybody thought I was daft building it in a swamp, but I built it anyway! That castle sank into the swamp so I built another one, that one burned down fell over then sank into the swamp. I built another one, and it sank into the swamp. So I built another! That one is still standing and is the strongest castle in England! But son, we need the land! We live in a swamp!

no1tovote4 said:

You don't understand son, I built this castle in a swamp. Everybody thought I was daft building it in a swamp, but I built it anyway! That castle sank into the swamp so I built another one, that one burned down fell over then sank into the swamp. I built another one, and it sank into the swamp. So I built another! That one is still standing and is the strongest castle in England! But son, we need the land! We live in a swamp!

:teeth: That was great!

no1tovote4 said:

LOL!!!!!!!!!! that is so funny.

Here are some of my favorites. . . .comedies first

Blind Date - Great cast , too many scenes to mention

Annie Hall - Best Picture and it only played in my local theater 1 week . I was in love with Diane Keaton so I saw it 4 times in that week.

Smokey and the Bandit- Jackie Gleason was incredible , fun movie.

Splash -Tom Hanks , John Candy , Darryl Hanna , fun

Animal House -John Belushi

Risky Business- Made Tom Cruise a star.

Biloxi Blues- Christopher Walken as a Drill Sergeant , perfect .

M.A.S.H.-Hotlips

Fish Called Wanda- Jamie Lee

Trading Places- One of my favorites ever , Jamie Lee!

Used Cars-Funny

The Mask-Great story and special effects , the dog w/the mask!

The Freshman-Mathew Broderick at his paranoid best

Swingers-Vince Vaughn , "You're so Money!"

Me , Myself and Irene-His kids

Wierd Science-Kelly LeBrock , John Hughes direction.

Raising Arizona-cult classic

Shampoo-Warren Beatty and Goldie Hawn in a great 70s classic . Oh yeah . . . Julie Christy.

Forrest Gump

Pope of Greenwich Village-good old film with Mickey Rourke and Eric Roberts just starting out.

Ace Ventura-My brother laughed so hard he couldn't breath , The Crying Game scene .

Fast Times-Sean Penn before he became an asshole

The Return of the Pink Panther-Peter Sellers and Kato fighting . . . "does your dog bite?''

When Harry Met Sally- Meg Ryan in the diner

Dr. Strangelove-Peter Sellers at his best.

Big Trouble in Little China-Curt Russell , funny.

The Best of Times-Robin Williams is very good in this.

Cadillac Man-Classic fast paced Robin Williams

Office Space

Young Frankenstien-"It's Frankensteen!"

My Cousin Vinny-Marisa Tomei, Joe Pesci, and Fred Gwynns last role .Great comedy.

Blazing Saddles-nothing I can say, Hillarious

Groundhog Day-Bill Murray classic

Ghost Busters-

Stripes-

:laugh:

North By Northwest- Ah, the spark for the Bond films. I've seen NBNW, Dr. No, Goldfinger, and FRWL, I have to say NBNW is far superior to any of those Bond films.

Sliding Doors- Underrated. "Run Lola Run" with substance. The genius of pop philosophy withou the annoyance of a Matrix-like cult following.

The Red Shoes- Unknown British gem from the late 1940s. Basically what Moulin Rouge should have been.

Braveheart- Even to this day, every battle scene that shows arrows blackening the sky reminds me of the battle of Stirling scene. And I have seen this same shot in virtually every big ancient war/fantasy movie from "LOTR" to "Gladiator" to "Troy". All these overrated movies are really Braveheart copycats, yes, even including LOTR: Return of the King which was basically just one big battle scene. Clearly it took a while, to get them all flowing, though. If only "Alexander" was 1/100th as good.

Last of the Mohicans- very much like Braveheart. Only didn't spawn quite as many spin-offs.

Star Wars trilogy- what can I say? Pure brilliance. Pure GOODNESS as well... pulls off the grandoise themes without trying as hard as LOTR. At the time it was also a technical revolution in effects.

The Breakfast Club- why is Ferris Bueller's Day Off considered a better John Hughes film than this? Judd Nelson's character is the true role model of every teen boy, Ferris Bueller is just an overblown image.

Pulp Fiction- The one that made Quentin Tarantino.

Barry Lyndon- This would have been the big winner of 1975 if not for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... which I have not seen, but having read the book cannot imagine could be too entertaining. A combination of Johnathan Swift with Citizen Kane... without the pretension of the latter. The director takes a big risk with narration and wins big.

Gone with the Wind
The "Man with no name" Trilogy
The Usual Suspects
The Silence of the Lambs
The Star Wars Trilogy
Gladiator
Patton
In the Heat of the Night
The Color Purple
Cool Hand Luke
The Crying Game
Blade Runner
Tron
Dune
La Femme Nikita
Transpotting
Das Boot
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Full Metal Jacket
Taxi Driver
Scarface
Saturday Night Fever
The Godfather Trilogy
Rocky
Shaft
Saving Private Ryan

You just reminded me of one of my favorites.......Usual Suspects.........Kevin Spacey was great in that!!

It was Kaiser Souzay!!!!! AHHHHHH

New Topics

Forum List

Back