My favorite bike is getting old ...

OsteInmar

Aug 22, 2018
10 years ago, I bought a good bike.
I wanted this device to allow me to drive along forest roads, as well as on a "very rough road".
I am not interested in sports achievements, because I live in the forest.

Therefore, I chose this way:
1. Rigid and very high quality frame construction
2. "Hard tail" when the first wheel with shock absorbers, and the second without shock absorbers.
3. Accessories - brakes, steering, number of speeds, tire size, availability of a rem kit, glue .
. 4. Bags and stuff ..

I boiled this device in 2008:
- Frame and design made in America, a small firm of HARO
- brakes and other accessories - Shumano, level "universal"
- The rest of the bags are made in China.

Now, 10 years have passed ...
- The frame and structures are preserved
- brakes and other accessories broke down by 50 percent
- bags tore
31615.jpg

I have had my Cannondale Mountain Bike for 20 years
Lightweight aluminum with high end components

Still rides like it did when new. Things like brakes and tires need replacing and I upgraded some components but most of it is original

Still rides like it did when new. Things like brakes and tires need replacing and I upgraded some components but most of it is original

Can't beat the old hardtail Cannondale. They're a joy to ride.

• Banned
Put upgraded parts on the frame. Is it light? I can't remember about Haro.
Show me your bike, but do not engage in chatter. Frankly, you're boring me.
You do not know how to do anything with your own hands, but just chat on the forum.

• Banned

I have my favorite bicycle "Ural", produced in the USSR in 1956. It has a very rigid design and only one speed.
I'm talking about something else:
If there is a proper frame design, accessories do not exist.

I still have a pair of 1988 Giant mountain bikes that we bought as Christmas presents the year we were married. I have refurbished them repeatedly and one was taken away to college for years with our daughter. Now that we are empty nesters they are being used by us again 4-5 times a week. until snow flies then back in the basement until next year.

You do not know how to do anything with your own hands, but just chat on the forum.

You want a "bike" that requires using your hands fixing it all the time, because tearing it up is about all it is good for? :21:
(we do call them "bikes" here for some reason)

2cd6effc739411a96399edd014602ef2.jpg

Last edited:

I've rebuilt everything on my bike except the headset, boy.

It looks like crap, but it rides good. A raccoon decided my seat was tasty for some reason.

I just bought a car, don't have money for a new bike.

It looks like crap, but it rides good. A raccoon decided my seat was tasty for some reason.

My name is Sergey and I'm 62 years old.
I do not know, the American scarecrow that you came up with some guy with long hair and French pictures. You write about him on a forum chat.
Nevertheless, reading your messages, I realized that you are a complete idiot and a whip at the forum.

I do not know, the American scarecrow that you came up with some guy with long hair and French pictures. You write about him on a forum chat.
Nevertheless, reading your messages, I realized that you are a complete idiot and a whip at the forum.

I think your branches should be in the Flame Zone. You are free to talk bicycles there, as well.

I think your branches should be in the Flame Zone. You are free to talk bicycles there, as well.

I believe that your place is in shit.
Never write on my branches. You are an ordinary troll who does not have anything.

I believe that your place is in shit.
Never write on my branches. You are an ordinary troll who does not have anything.

Speaking of "in the shit" ... Mountain bikes are great ... If you have mountains.
Where I am from ... Yeah, 10 years later and it's still there.
:21:

a.aaa-Mud-Bike.jpg

Last edited:
Any person, regardless of nationality, should be able to work "head and hands," but not "tongue and ass."
When I see idiots in any forums, I honestly say who they are ..
In Russia, among the elderly, there are such phrases about them:
- "his hands grow out of ass"
- "in his hands flies fuck"

Any person, regardless of nationality, should be able to work "head and hands," but not "tongue and ass."
When I see idiots in any forums, I honestly say who they are ..
In Russia, among the elderly, there are such phrases about them:
- "his hands grow out of ass"
- "in his hands flies fuck"
You need a better English translating program

Can't beat the old hardtail Cannondale. They're a joy to ride.

Sure you can, by a mile. I bought a Trek Y-Bike in 1996. Amazing performance. American made. 24 speeds, goes over anything without hardly feeling it, light as hell. Was $1600 when I bought it new.

I've been wanting to get a bike. Just to ride around the neighborhood in the evening when the sun goes down.

I've been wanting to get a bike. Just to ride around the neighborhood in the evening when the sun goes down.
If I now bought a new bike, I bought a "two-suspension"
Both: front and rear wheels have shock absorbers.
This is important.

Everything else: the number of speeds, brakes, type of brakes, mirrors, speedometers - it's all nonsense.
Typically, "cool" if the bike has more than 24 speeds and disc brakes. But, in real life, enough 4 speeds and conventional brakes.
I drive along forest roads and do not use many "advanced opportunities"

Forum List

Back