My faith is mine own, what's yours?

Pappadave

Aug 12, 2010
My faith is exclusively mine, just as yours is exclusively yours. It needs no proof or disproof. It needs no justification but my own. It is nor based on reality or fact. It is indeed a hope, a wish that there is something beyond physical death. I seek for immortality, for continuation beyond the grave. I seek some meaning or purpose in life beyond my life, beyond just enjoy the ride. My faith and yours does not come from God (free will), nor from religion, society, or any other outside source. I choose to believe(hope) in a benevolent God that promises eternal life. You may or may not, that is your right. I do not accept any source from man that claims to be the "Word of God". I do not accept that any religion, government, or man can force me to follow and obey their version of faith, not even my God (He gave me free will).

If you adopt my faith as yours by my reason, example, acts of love and kindness or vice versa, Great, we can learn on each other and be fellow travelers, kindred spirits. However, if you do adopt my faith, it is no longer mine; its yours. I try my best to act morally and for the good of all. I often fail as I am imperfect. I use my faith to seek and find perfection and hopefully join it. I sometimes temporarily worship false gods (greed, lust, power, domination-take your pick). At some point I regain my senses and return to my journey. Attaining perfection by an imperfect being is a continual work in progress.

If I am wrong and there is no God, no harm done. I will have lived a good life (mostly) and leave a legacy that endures at least for a time beyond my death and be remembered fondly by my family and friends. In the end I will join my atheist friends in the ground and return to the slime and dust from whence I came. So be it.

Ah, but if there is a God? Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave.

My faith is exclusively mine, just as yours is exclusively yours. It needs no proof or disproof. It needs no justification but my own. It is nor based on reality or fact. It is indeed a hope, a wish that there is something beyond physical death. I seek for immortality, for continuation beyond the grave. I seek some meaning or purpose in life beyond my life, beyond just enjoy the ride. My faith and yours does not come from God (free will), nor from religion, society, or any other outside source. I choose to believe(hope) in a benevolent God that promises eternal life. You may or may not, that is your right. I do not accept any source from man that claims to be the "Word of God". I do not accept that any religion, government, or man can force me to follow and obey their version of faith, not even my God (He gave me free will).

If you adopt my faith as yours by my reason, example, acts of love and kindness or vice versa, Great, we can learn on each other and be fellow travelers, kindred spirits. However, if you do adopt my faith, it is no longer mine; its yours. I try my best to act morally and for the good of all. I often fail as I am imperfect. I use my faith to seek and find perfection and hopefully join it. I sometimes temporarily worship false gods (greed, lust, power, domination-take your pick). At some point I regain my senses and return to my journey. Attaining perfection by an imperfect being is a continual work in progress.

If I am wrong and there is no God, no harm done. I will have lived a good life (mostly) and leave a legacy that endures at least for a time beyond my death and be remembered fondly by my family and friends. In the end I will join my atheist friends in the ground and return to the slime and dust from whence I came. So be it.

Ah, but if there is a God? Peace, Love, and Faith. Pappadave.

I like your honesty.

I have faith only in a few trusted people who have earned my faith.

Faith is one thing, religion often causes problems.

fools place their faith in a political party or political leader.

Last edited:
Lizzie, then your faith is in yourself. Not bad, you could do worse. Peace, Pappadave

I don't have any faith guided by a religion, and i don't have any problem with people who do, of any creed. For me, i just try to be a good person and follow my conscience. i fail sometimes. i think failure and learning from failure is part of living. sounds all corny and dr. phil like, but that's how i feel.

Forum List

Back